Awning & belly band alert for 2nd Gen trailers - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #81
SCS

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Yes they are.

Don't miss this one. I know you were having problems with it too.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ord-10207.html
Yep. Ordered it right after you posted the link and put it on today. What a difference!!

Steve
SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #82

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
No I do not wear rose colored glasses and I do know and expect problems can arise.
I think the “defensive” posture goes deeper than having rose-colored glasses or just being an ETI cheerleader. Problems arise with trailers and it is fair—and helpful to the OP and to others—to post them on the forum in the hope of finding a solution. But it seems that some threads quickly degenerate into a Chicken Little “the sky is falling” narrative followed by comments like “poor engineering” or “not very well thought out” or “Oliver doesn’t do this” or “Oliver does it better” or other highly negative or derogatory expressions. Oddly enough, I know of no one on this forum (with perhaps the exception of Ian, Chris R. or Jim who have actually re-built a trailer from scratch—not that we’ve seen pictures —or have done major modifications) who would qualify as being a successful manufacturer such as Reace and Tammy at ETI.

And after two years when the trailer is out of warranty? I guess owners are on their own and need to do preventive maintenance or learn basic mechanical or electrical engineering to fix issues or have the resources to have an expert do the work…sort of like owning a house or a car or a boat or just about anything.

The original post by NW Cat Owner on the awning was a good call and was informative to those who have that style of awning. The pictures and commentary provided by Kountrykamper are proof of how truly helpful and inspirational this forum can be.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Excellent post, Tom.

One is looking at things from a negative point of view, the other a positive one. As mentioned before, I prefer to live with the latter view. It goes along with the quote in my signature.
And studies show the negitive people live longer, I don't get it!
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #84

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
.... There is really only a handful of them although they are a noisy bunch.

Steve
Ain't dat da truth!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #85

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
While I agree that happy people are more fun to be around in general, I think the "glass half full or empty" thing is very dependent on the person's abilities, both from a practical standpoint, as well as a financial one.

I look at most of the "cheerleaders" (used tongue in cheek, with a bit of a smile) who can't understand why people are so negative, and it's most of those people who have the expertise, or time, or money to fix the issues (my caveat was the word "most"). I have yet to hear Jim Bennett say "I can't fix this-I'm done!" (well maybe other than fixing stupid). Their perspective of problems might be different from others who don't have some or all of those attributes.

Or if I'm not correct there, then I fall back on the different experiences or expectations the members come here with. I have a hunch that if those of you perceived that a thread was going negative in a fast way, just didn't post on that thread, it would end on its own fairly soon. I think it's when people who are upset about a problem and post something negative about it and then others rush to Escape's defense or make the poster feel they are the problem, that it mushrooms. Even if it is a minority on both sides.

That being said, I'm going to my first rally ever this weekend, so I'm a "90% glass full" guy right now. The other 10% is hoping nothing went wrong with the trailer while it sat the 6 months.

REVISION: Make that 96% glass full. I realized 90% was too empty.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #86

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have no doubt that Reace and company cleared that attachment as part of their install, just like he cleared the refrigerator install and just about the whole trailer since it is hand built vs robotic arms. The history behind Escape is not without issues, but every one has been dealt with in a professional and timely manner. The frame issue, the solar panel, Reace even obtaining a brand new refrigerator from Dometic for anyone that wanted to switch to the RMD 8555, the list is long on additional steps ETI has taken and very short on the unresolved issues. The perceived piece of metal has not created any recall not impacted ones enjoyment of their trailer and for a non owner to contact a third party manufacturer questioning a installation question about their product, to me is a fishing expedition. If it was not for Reace's innovation, we all would be in a Scamp or Casita complaining about lack of solar or a rivet leaking or the refrigerator not cooling or the single pane windows freezing in the winter or stuck with a manual awning while all the new units have power awnings and power steps and power windows, it is called innovative progress and Escape is part of that. If you do not want to be part of it, then buy something else, but the majority of us are happy with our Escapes and Reace and Company.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #87

Nathan,
I originally planned to attend the rally this weekend but with Osoyoos being such a moth to a light source scenario I opted for it instead and will be attending next week, so maybe next year we can share a rally here on East coast. Do not forget Alf's in September, it is also a must do/see rally. Now I have to go out and start packing/rearranging/reorganizing Prairie Schooner.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #88

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It's just speculation, but I think some take pleasure from speculating on what could go wrong or might be the dismal outcome.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #89

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Speculating on speculation is like having one mirror behind you and one in front of you.... fun though...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #90

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
It's just speculation, but I think some take pleasure from speculating on what could go wrong or might be the outcome.
While it isn't necessarily pleasure that is derived from a "what could go wrong" speculation....it is a trait I have so I see all angles of a possible problem and can avoid or prepare for it. I freely admit I do look for both the good and bad...then make a decision. And I am very grateful for the input from folks on both sides in this forum. If the input isn't to my liking then I just filter it out. And I try, really try to not post anything negative just because...but rather to view the other side of the coin.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #91

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nathan,
I originally planned to attend the rally this weekend but with Osoyoos being such a moth to a light source scenario I opted for it instead and will be attending next week, so maybe next year we can share a rally here on East coast. Do not forget Alf's in September, it is also a must do/see rally. Now I have to go out and start packing/rearranging/reorganizing Prairie Schooner.
Bummer, I was hoping to meet you. Oh well. How well I behave at this rally will probably determine if my wife and kids allow me to progress further up the rally ladder. Osoyoos is the holy grail for me but that still seems unbelievably unreachable at this point. But Niagara? Well, that's just a hop, skip and a jump away...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Bummer, I was hoping to meet you. Oh well. How well I behave at this rally will probably determine if my wife and kids allow me to progress further up the rally ladder. Osoyoos is the holy grail for me but that still seems unbelievably unreachable at this point. But Niagara? Well, that's just a hop, skip and a jump away...
And there is always the Mississippi one this fall!

Old 05-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #93

Yeppers, Osoyoos is like 50 hours driving, Niagara Falls, On, is like less than 8 hours for me. This year will be my third appearance at both rallies.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #94

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
" for a non owner to contact a third party manufacturer questioning a installation question about their product, to me is a fishing expedition.
so... a person who has a trailer on order or any other person who wants to research this or any other issue should only inquire of those sources that someone else deems appropriate OR the research may be considered a "fishing expedition" and perhaps inappropriate?

and posting what may be relevant information about the awning (or any issue posted for discussion) for anyone who has this awning already or for those of us who have a trailer on order ..is apparently considered by some to be inappropriate such that those same individuals would rather attack the messengers than concede that the information may be relevant, factual and helpful to some?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #95

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Wow

I've given depositions to a US Attorney, deputy state attorney general and any number of other members of the legal community and never been this confused. I'm with KarenH Carpe diem. Except for me it's Carpe Carp. Seize the carp.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I've given depositions to a US Attorney, deputy state attorney general and any number of other members of the legal community and never been this confused. I'm with KarenH Carpe diem. Except for me it's Carpe Carp. Seize the carp.
Dave
Dave in action seizing carp....

Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #97

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Photoshop

Obviously a mislabeled photo , I've got arms bigger than that guys legs and I don't use a helmet. Thanks Eric
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #98

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Is that a selfie?
How dare you . Don't make fun of others like you do with your wife . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #99

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I never knew fishing could be so much fun.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #100

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
How dare you . Don't make fun of others like you do with your wife . Pat
I have never seen him make fun of her (I hope you aren't either), but have seen them have fun together, something I have witnessed that on many occasions. She is a bit sweeter than him though (hard to believe, eh ).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote