Split water hose in bathroom - Page 18 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #341

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Working theory on fridge warming....

Another thing Reace did was relocate the refridgerator condensation draining tube. Instead of being strapped down near the lower pan drain hole, he looped it up to make a "P" trap for water to stay in the drain tube (see photo). Regarding refrigerators that lose cooling (warm up) while travelling down the road, there is the thought that, while driving down the road, air is sucked out of the interior of the camper through vents and such (?), creating a negative pressure inside the camper cabin. This is enough to pull cool air out of the fridge past any loosely-fitting door seals, if such exists. That, in turn, sucks ambient air from outside up into the fridge through the condensation drainage tube. So by turning the drainage tube up, and forming a little area for condensation water to pool, essentially forming a "P" trap, that should help block warm ambient air from entering the fridge through the drainage tube. That's the working theory, anyway. Time will tell if it works. He put ProFlex in the old screw hole and over the tops of all the frame screws. You might notice he also removed the little wooden dams directing any water to drain hole, too. I think he mentioned they had figured out those weren't really needed - an over-engineered effort on their part.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09436.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #342

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Reace said he had never seen heat like they have in Arizona, mountain passes like they have in Colorado (he came over Monarch Pass, for those familiar), or rain like they have in Louisiana and Mississippi! He could write a book from his experiences on this trip! But still having a great time!
hopefully he will also enjoy some of that famous southern cuisine in his travels...
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
hopefully he will also enjoy some of that famous southern cuisine in his travels...
Reace is really wanting to try fried catfish while he's down here, but unfortunately, it wasn't on the buffet line today, so he had a grilled barbecue pork chop and his first taste of collard greens. He said he liked them. I hope he did...
Old 06-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #344

Quote:
Reace is really wanting to try fried catfish while he's down here, but unfortunately, it wasn't on the buffet line today, so he had a grilled barbecue pork chop and his first taste of collard greens. He said he liked them. I hope he did...
collards, red beans and rice, blackened fish, spicy chicken, gumbo, shrimp and crab in cayenne...heck its almost supper time and the mouth is waterin.....real bbq tonight..beef and ribs after 12 hours of tenderizing smoke....
Old 06-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #345

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
That little twist in the steps is clearly made by a GM owner. Must have had to walk all that way out of the alley to get his friend with the F150 to come help.
Edit: I'm surprised that Pat hasn't chimed in here, being an owner of a twenty-something year old F-series that pulls a Escape 19!
I 'm here Don went to Murphy's museum this morning . Got up very early just woke from a little nap . Ours is a 25 year truck . Did take a picture for interested Ford people will post later . Pat.
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #346

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I 'm here Don went to Murphy's museum this morning . Got up very early just woke from a little nap . Ours is a 25 year truck . Did take a picture for interested Ford people will post later . Pat.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #347

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21"
Anyone have a photo of the finished cubby area after the water hose repair?
mcovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcovey View Post
Anyone have a photo of the finished cubby area after the water hose repair?
Most people wouldn't notice the difference unless one pointed out the few additional pieces of trim.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09439.jpg  
Old 06-25-2017, 07:46 PM   #349

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21"
Thank you, War Eagle. I'd say that looks pretty good.
mcovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #350
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Most people wouldn't notice the difference unless one pointed out the few additional pieces of trim.
That's tidy work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #351
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
First of all, it was our first time to meet Reace, and he's great! Tammy "done good" when she married that guy! Reace weathered through a deluge of rain from Tropical Storm Cindy driving through Louisiana and Mississippi, but he arrived here (East Central Alabama) this morning. In fairly short order, he:
I've met them both and camped with both. Frankly I think Reace did well. He's the nuts and bolts guy. Tammy is the negotiator. Don't cross her, I promise you.

But in the end, I know lots of 21' owners have had their trailers shipped and you're wondering about the brew-ha-ha for those that have MET Reace and Tammy. Maybe you have NOW a better understanding when Reace comes by to fix your 21' .....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #352
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
But in the end, I know lots of 21' owners have had their trailers shipped and you're wondering about the brew-ha-ha for those that have MET Reace and Tammy. Maybe you have NOW a better understanding when Reace comes by to fix your 21' .....
Threads like this remind me why I'm so glad Casita never answered my inquiries.....

Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #353

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If one looks closely at the 3rd picture in post #334 that space below the 4th cubby is available. I cut the opening and trimmed it out and it's handy for slippers or shoes and accessible right inside the door. Wasted space easily found. See # 233 here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...k-3134-24.html
Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #354

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
water fix

Well we met up with Reace Sunday morning and he proceeded to put on Awning strips (bigger metal brackets ) Also redid the calking on Fridge inside and out .Then he tackled the water problem very neat job .He said my hot water side was expanded and would soon have popped . I think I was number 20 or so . he is off to Virginia .
I tried to get him to go to Lunch but he was off in less then 2 hours .What a Great Company . Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #355

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Tammy is the negotiator. Don't cross her, I promise you.
That's a strange "compliment". Makes it sound like she can be vindictive. Maybe that wasn't the way you intended, but that's the way I read it.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #356

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
That's a strange "compliment". Makes it sound like she can be vindictive. Maybe that wasn't the way you intended, but that's the way I read it.
You can twist words to mean whatever you wish. I know Tammy fairly well, and she is the one who holds the front end business strings, where you want someone with toughness. Doesn't mean at all she can't be a sweetheart too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You can twist words to mean whatever you wish. I know Tammy fairly well, and she is the one who holds the front end business strings, where you want someone with toughness. Doesn't mean at all she can't be a sweetheart too.
Not twisting words. Just inferring based upon the verbiage. I thought it was strange and still do. But I'm not loosing faith...
Old 06-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #358
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
She's a great person and I'm sorry if anyone thinks I meant otherwise. But when it's time for business, she's all business. And that's the way it should be. There's an old saying in business: Family is family. Friends are friends. Business is business. And you never mix up the three.

I bet when there was a problem, some months back with Customs... it was Tammy in there doing all the negotiating
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #359

Quote:
She's a great person and I'm sorry if anyone thinks I meant otherwise. But when it's time for business, she's all business. And that's the way it should be. There's an old saying in business: Family is family. Friends are friends. Business is business. And you never mix up the three.

I bet when there was a problem, some months back with Customs... it was Tammy in there doing all the negotiating
Thanks Donna. I'm sure there are a few of us out here that have never met either one, only dealing with them via phone or email, so we only have what people tell us about them. And it didn't sound to me the way they have been described, which I found odd. But I think I'm back on track now!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Threads like this remind me why I'm so glad Casita never answered my inquiries.....

thread concerning defective plumbing in Gen 2 Escape 21 or the Escape Factory Repair tour ?