Pro Detailing - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2023, 10:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Pro Detailing

Like most of you I've been washing & waxing my trailer myself since bring our 21 home in 2014. At some point about 3-4 years ago I hit a wall with oxidation that just did not want to go away. I'd watched a lot of videos- mostly for boats showing techniques & products. One of the variables is which type of polisher to use: Dual Action or Orbital. Most of the boat videos show an Orbital with a large wool pad.

I had one weird 5 inch wide streak along the top of the Driver's side wall I call the Billboard because it is such a large expanse on a 21C. One boat maker tried to tell me it was a defect from the mould. The first Pro I hired just did a nice wax job but did not remove that streak.

The second Pro two years ago did remove that stubborn oxidation and I went back a year ago to get another exterior detail. He charged me $350 both times. He went out of business though and left town owing his landlord & others money.

Now, a year later I just had it done by another local Pro I had do window tint and ceramic coating on my Transit Van conversion. It came out great so I had him come over to do my trailer. There wasn't enough room at his shop so he showed up early AM with his wife, son & employee. It took them 12 man hours to do the job, however it was by far the best outcome ever. The bonus was I got to watch just how they did it and it was an eye-opener to me. Roman's Tint & Detail in Atascadero for those in the local area is highly recommended.

They used Dual Action polishers with 6" foam pads. They would do a roughly 3X3' area and then repeat. Then repeat & repeat & repeat. I calculated 4 man hours just to do the Driver's Side of the trailer- which faces south. The job cost $600, however in this economy with labor what it is that isn't any more than what gardeners charge around here to pull weeds. The way I figure it there are only so many hours in a day and at almost 70 I'm not doing everything anymore.

The product they used is P&S Kyle's Boat & RV Restorer; available on Amazon for $33. It is a one-step product that produced awesome results. The next step would be for me to have them put a ceramic coating on it. Maybe next year; I'll see how this holds up with regular washing and spray wax in the meantime.
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...BoCDvwQAvD_BwE

https://romans-tint-detail.business....edium=referral
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Detail1.jpg (185.0 KB, 36 views)