It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #321

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They won't Karen, as it is quite complicated to actually do it in a laminate countertop. This sink is a drop-in one.
Okay, I just thought the trim around the sink looked exactly like the laminate. Maybe it's just the picture...
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #322

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Okay, I just thought the trim around the sink looked exactly like the laminate. Maybe it's just the picture...
I'm actually pleased that you thought it was a drop-in, Karen. I was hoping the blacks from the sink and the countertop would blend into each other and they more than meet my expectations (least in the photos). The sink has a lip around it - look where the faucet is installed. You can also see a white dot in the lower left of the sink edge. It's not a hole (like I thought when I saw photos of Nathan's trailer in progress), but a sticker of some sort.

Does that help visualizing it a bit? And, of course, when you're in the Seattle/Southcenter area, you're more than welcome to come see it in person.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #323

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
This unit is going to be one of a kind Laura! Very nice!!
(you have to go shopping to fill all your storage)
Thanks Marry.

OMG, I've been shopping for MONTHS! I have a huge portion of the attic (large enough to walk around in) wadded full of stuff to go in The Trailer. I think I've got most everything I need, but I know I don't. I know Amazon will get more of our money.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #324

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Wow Laura What a beautiful camper! The sink and faucet look great. We have also been busy on Amazon. I think we may end up having to tow a u-haul to pick up.
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Wow Laura What a beautiful camper! The sink and faucet look great. We have also been busy on Amazon. I think we may end up having to tow a u-haul to pick up.
Thanks Mitzi! Least I have the luxury of living close and I can just haul the stuff from the attic to the trailer. I couldn't imagine hauling stuff with me and then outfitting the trailer after pick up.

Will Miss Liz be taking the trip with you? I hope she enjoys her new trailer as much as her servants do.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #326

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I'm actually pleased that you thought it was a drop-in, Karen. I was hoping the blacks from the sink and the countertop would blend into each other and they more than meet my expectations (least in the photos)...
In the photo, they're both black with a marbling of construction dust, so they blend together nicely.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #327

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Quote:
Thanks Mitzi! Least I have the luxury of living close and I can just haul the stuff from the attic to the trailer. I couldn't imagine hauling stuff with me and then outfitting the trailer after pick up.

Will Miss Liz be taking the trip with you? I hope she enjoys her new trailer as much as her servants do.
Yes, Lizzie is going with us. We have never boarded her so when we have to fly somewhere she stays with our son. We have left her with him for a month before to travel in your neck of the woods but 4 months is way too long. She likes camping if the weather is good but she was pretty miserable when we were all three stuck inside the Casita for more than a few minutes. One of the reasons we are planning to rent the u-haul is that we will have so much dog food ,dog medicine and multi season clothing, we are afraid we would alarm the border guards. We will store the u-haul over night near where we will camp our first few nights in Mount Vernon.

I take it you will travel with your cats? It's good for you that they take up less space!
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #328
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
..... I couldn't imagine hauling stuff with me and then outfitting the trailer after pick up....
It won't matter in the long run, you'll spend many camping trips rearranging items inside the trailer. More than 2 years later, I'm STILL moving stuff around... what was I initially thinking?

BTW: beautiful trailer. I'm happy for YOU
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #329

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
In the photo, they're both black with a marbling of construction dust, so they blend together nicely.
Ha! I thought the marbling was the pattern in the laminate (with someone's shadow thrown in for good measure).
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #330

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Quote:
It's actually starting to look like something we can spend time in!

Custom flooring: Manhattan 999 from IVC

Custom countertop: Basalt Slate 3690-58 w/black trim

Custom sink: Bianco Diamond mini, anthracite

Custom faucet: Bianco 44120 Torino Jr, anthracite (yes, the faucet is on the other side; I figured I'd knock into it less over there - we'll see how that plan works over time)

Drawer unit (at foot of bed) extended to ceiling (I thought it would extend to the bottom of the overhead cabinets, so I'm thrilled it actually goes to the ceiling. I can use that space better than the overheads)

"old" style arrangement of cabinets, as opposed to leaving out the narrow, top one over the microwave cabinet

First photo shows everyone huddled around, exclaiming over what a stunning combination of flooring, countertop and sink/faucet they just installed.

Enjoy! I know we are!
This might be a silly question, but why is the window over the sink a different shape? Is this the precursor to cutting the exact opening size for the window frame?
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #331

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
This might be a silly question, but why is the window over the sink a different shape? Is this the precursor to cutting the exact opening size for the window frame?
I believe that is just camera/lens distortion. If you look at the exterior view, it looks normal.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #332

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Looks like rough cut of the vinyl prior to installing window frame to me.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #333

Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Laura, your planning and obsessing (in a good way!) has paid off! Your color choices and mods are gorgeous! Congratulations on your dream becoming a reality!! You, Dirk, and the kitty companions will be on your maiden voyage before you know it! Whoo-Hoo!!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #334

Trailer: 2018 19'
Laura, your trailer is awesome. I really appreciate all you have contributed to this forum. Julie.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #335

Trailer: 21' Escape - Pickup July 11, 2017
We LOVE that sink! Perfect! Our 21 won't be ready for pickup until July 2017, but would love to get the same sink in our unit. Do you have more information you can share? We will be ordering our flooring from Pioneer Building Supply shortly and would like to have them order this sink and faucet as well. You have very good taste!
Calbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Ha! I thought the marbling was the pattern in the laminate (with someone's shadow thrown in for good measure).
Hey, everyone is just getting prepared for the fact that I HATE to dust (and vacuum and mop and all that crud). This way nobody will be shocked later on. HA!

Yeah, I noticed all that dust and commented to Dirk that I thought they usually covered up the counter with cardboard when working in there, so I don't know why it's not covered up.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I believe that is just camera/lens distortion. If you look at the exterior view, it looks normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Looks like rough cut of the vinyl prior to installing window frame to me.
Drugs, man, drugs. Looks fine to me.

Remember what's legal in WA State.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winelover View Post
Laura, your planning and obsessing (in a good way!) has paid off! Your color choices and mods are gorgeous! Congratulations on your dream becoming a reality!! You, Dirk, and the kitty companions will be on your maiden voyage before you know it! Whoo-Hoo!!
Thanks! Yeah, I did spend a bit of time figuring things out. I'm just so thrilled with how everything is looking in the photos. I've read this thread (and for the Classics) and poured over the photos, but it's nothing like when it's yours, is it? Yeah, yeah, I know.

We're hoping to take it out the week between Xmas and New Year for a few days along the WA or OR coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Laura, your trailer is awesome. I really appreciate all you have contributed to this forum. Julie.
Thanks Julie (on both comments)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbal View Post
We LOVE that sink! Perfect! Our 21 won't be ready for pickup until July 2017, but would love to get the same sink in our unit. Do you have more information you can share? We will be ordering our flooring from Pioneer Building Supply shortly and would like to have them order this sink and faucet as well. You have very good taste!
Thanks! (Although some folks' opinions might change when the fabric is shown! )

The info I quoted on the sink (I knew someone would want that info!) is what you'll need for ordering it. We purchased it last March and it cost a smidge under $200 CA. I also purchased a separate sink strainer in anthracite for $66 CA, but from the receipt it states it comes with a chrome one. The gal I dealt with was kind of a twit, so I never was sure if I was getting one or not, so I went ahead and ordered it anyway. I figure better to have 2 than none. Although it's a pretty pricey strainer!

BLANCO DIAMOND MINI | BLANCO

Nathan got the same sink and I don't know if he ordered the separate strainer. I can report next month if I got one or two of 'em (if I remember). I don't remember the name of the gal I talked to, but when you talk to Jackie at Pioneer about the flooring she can direct you to someone about the sink. Or ask for the manager as I ended up dealing with him. Pioneer held on to it until ETI came by to pick it up.

The faucet was ordered through Amazon as it's not available in Canada so Pioneer couldn't order it for me. It cost as much as the sink (more when you take the exchange into consideration), but I really wanted one that matched. It's a smaller faucet so I figured it wouldn't spray water all over the place like a full size sink faucet would. It was a smidge under $200 (plus tax). We did a full scale mock-up of the faucet to make sure it would work with the sink.

Oooo, the price has gone up a bit since Sept:

https://www.amazon.com/Blanco-441210...+torino+faucet

Yeah, not cheap, to put it mildly. But, hey, it matches in color and neither of us are fans of stainless or shiny stuff that you have to wipe water stains off of.

Here's the link for the faucet from Blanco's site:

BLANCO TORINO, JR.â„¢ with pullout spray Silgranit | Blanco

And note that the sink is turned as I didn't want the faucet in the upper right corner and ETI was able to accommodate that request.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It won't matter in the long run, you'll spend many camping trips rearranging items inside the trailer. More than 2 years later, I'm STILL moving stuff around... what was I initially thinking?

BTW: beautiful trailer. I'm happy for YOU
Thanks Donna.

I'm kind of wondering if I'm gonna need to put removable labels on all the drawers and such so I can remember what's in there and where everything is. I do wanna get one of those drawer insert thingies from Charlie that you got, along with the shoe insert and drawers. Yeah, gonna spend some time at his place next year!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:54 AM   #340

Trailer: 21' Escape - Pickup July 11, 2017
Laura - You rock! I'm so excited about this sink I can hardly stand it. Wishinnyou andnyour family a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now, back to the search engine!
Calbal is offline   Reply With Quote