2020 Mississippi River Rendevous - Cancelled - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 07:07 AM   #161

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Catch and Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Dave,
You're looking happy and healthy, not so much for your catfish. Deep fried, or broiled in butter?

Now that looks like a prosperous neighborhood, and exceptionally weed-free turf. You must have had a hand in that.
Bill
Thanks Bill.
The pond and neighborhood is where my daughter lives. The homeowners association has has the water treated to the pond free of weeds and algae so I just catch them and them go as I’m not sold on the safety of those compounds and especially in catfish and other fish. So instead of Catch and in the grease it’s catch and release. They do put up a good fight and hooked in the corner of the mouth no long term damage is done. My son in law bought a z turn that’s a little smaller than mine and loves the time he saves. He does his own turf program which I laid out for him. He’s an avid golfer and appreciates nice turf grass. We were brown here but 6.5 inches of in a week A couple weeks ago brought us back. They are combining beans all around us. Hope all is well with you and Earline and that you get a little camping in this Fall.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #162

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Back in the 50’s , when I was a youth , I spent many a Summer’s day on the banks of the Mississippi River just below the Ford dam fishing for trophy carp
A 29 cent spool of 30 lb braided fishin line , a bunch of lug nuts for weights , a hook and a can of corn I pilfered from home .
Back then the fish out of the Mississippi weren’t worth eating but they sure would make the tomatoes grow .
In the Spring after the floods had receded, the carp would be trapped in the small ponds left behind and we would try to catch them Indian style by flipping them onto dry ground with our hands and then throwing them in a gunnysack
This was in the days before electronics and we were easily entertained pretending we were Huckleberry Finn
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote