2024 Mississippi River Rendezvous Sept 27-29 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2024, 06:55 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The mosquitoes aren’t usually too bad depending upon rains ahead of the rally. We always have mosquito spray and tick repellant no matter where we camp. If you need an iowa roadmap or iowa bike trail map I always have a few out on our table. It can rain in September so an umbrella or rain jacket is never a bad idea.
If you like to look at Herons, Egrets and geese you can bring binoculars. There are two good grocery stores across the river in Clinton and one up at Savanna. I was only ever in there once and only bought a couple sweet rolls. There’s propane on the far west end of Clinton too. There are several water hydrants in the campground loops and at the dump station when you first come in. Do not speed and the limit Is pretty slow. It’s posted. Looking forward to meeting you. I believe you’re the first Vermonters who have attended this premier event. The friendliest guy who never stops talking is
Iowa Dave
We'll be at PMAN 47 from Thursday September 26 to Monday, September 30th. Here's another attraction to check out in Clinton. It looks like a good place for a group social. I just got this information from Travel Iowa today:

https://www.thisisiowa.com/story/270...nsumer%20email
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 07:37 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Yup, it is stunning

Your link to that blessed brew pub is spot on. We visited last Fall, during the Rendezvous, and it was a visual, culinary, and spiritual suds revelation.

Every year I mention this, the Clinton IA arboretum.

https://www.flowerchick.com/visit-bi...ns-clinton-ia/

Both are stunning sites, in their own ways.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:45 PM   #43

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Your link to that blessed brew pub is spot on. We visited last Fall, during the Rendezvous, and it was a visual, culinary, and spiritual suds revelation.

Every year I mention this, the Clinton IA arboretum.

https://www.flowerchick.com/visit-bi...ns-clinton-ia/

Both are stunning sites, in their own ways.

Went to the Arboretum two or three years ago and last year I and my brother-in-law stumbled on the brewery while the wives were shopping at the fabric shop a few doors down. I will attest to the fact they brew very good beer.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:53 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
How about someone organize a road trip for the brewery? Late on Saturday afternoon with an option to stay for a meal if you choose.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #45

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We met Darrell and Laura from Maplewood, MN this week (Escape 21NE - DGLP) at William O'brien State Park in MN. They asked if we were attending this rally. We've signed up a couple of times in the past, but family stuff has gotten in the way. We thanked them for the reminder and said we'd plan to attend...only to find out that everything reservable is already reserved! It looks like a lot of sites are marked FF (first come, first served) but maybe those will get switched to reservable after construction is completed? We'll check in frequently this spring and summer, worst case is we'll drive down from MN a couple of days early and take our chances. Looking forward to meeting everyone, assuming we get lucky.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The corps has contracted to replace the electrical services at many more sites this year. Once the contractor finishes up a segment they will open that segment for reservations. That’s what they told me earlier this spring. Keep checking back there’s always some cancellations. Looking forward to meeting you.
Iowa Dave