Escape Rally, 5/27-5/29, 2022 At Nk-Mip CG in Osoyoos, BC - Page 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2022, 07:01 AM   #401

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Leaving Calgary about noon today to drive part way, stop in Revelstoke to watch the Battle of Alberta there, then will be in Nk'Mip early afternoon tomorrow. Looking forward to some fun and a break from working on my house.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:10 AM   #402

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I like your post-it paper idea Ron. I think I will borrow that on the outside so I don’t forget where everything is..

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #403

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I like your post-it paper idea Ron. I think I will borrow that on the outside so I don’t forget where everything is..
Now where did I put those post-it pads
Old 05-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #404

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Other than newer owners most have seen my modifications. I will let folks go in to have a look and mostly start outside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 12:59 PM   #405

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Hi all,

We were concerned about the article that said ebikes were not allowed on some of the trails around Osoyoos so my wife contacted the Osoyoos Tourism Bureau, and Sharon at Escape. The Bureau said ebikes were fine, and Sharon asked “David,” who is attending the rally, to check things out.

Sharon forwarded the following report to us from David:
“Hi Sharon,
I did a reverse pre-ride of the two possible routes today. I started in the north, by the Highway 97 bridge close to the Jackson Triggs/Inniskillan winery and rode south to the parking area on Road 22.
I recommend the West side route along the river , as the East side trail only goes about 3/4 of the 19km trail (one way).
There are no restrictions for e-bikes along the route, although the paved section, starting about 2 km south of Oliver and extending to the turn-around point is restricted to a maximum speed of 30km/hr. (~19mph). The paved trail has a few kilometres where the paving is heaved from tree routes, and possibly frost. This limits the speed to 20-25km/hr for most people. The many people would average 15-18km on the unpaved section. None of it is what I would describe as “technical”.
I would plan of a 2 to 2-1/2 hour ride without stops.
Oliver Eats Delicatessen and the Firehall Brew pub are roughly 12km from the start. The 19km turnaround point is about 2 km from the popular District Wine Village. The Wine Village has 10 or 12 different wineries represented. Several of the smaller wineries actually make their wine on site. Beer, and some food items such as pizza and Parmesan fries are available as well. Best regards, David.”

Sounds like ebikes should be okay as long as you watch your speed. You can still ask locally just to be doubly sure before you ride.

Also, a big thank you to Sharon! And to David, and the Osoyoos Tourism Bureau!

See all y’all Thursday!
Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #406

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
For folks interested in seeing any of our mods we printed out a list of the various mods we have done for them to look at. If there is anything they would like details on we will review it with them on a one by one basis. We prefer to not have a parade of folks through our trailer and thought this would minimize that happening.

See everyone soon!
Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:27 PM   #407

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Anyone know how the road condition of the Hope-Princeton portion of Highway 3 is.
Someone recommended going up the Coquihalla instead because of Highway 3 being washed out so badly as well by last year's atmospheric river.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:03 PM   #408

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Anyone know how the road condition of the Hope-Princeton portion of Highway 3 is.
Someone recommended going up the Coquihalla instead because of Highway 3 being washed out so badly as well by last year's atmospheric river.
I drove #3 from Alberta to Vancouver in late April and had no issues at all - although it was before Canada’s road construction season. Spectacularly beautiful. My highlight was the Similkameen valley west of Osoyoos.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:14 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I drove #3 from Alberta to Vancouver in late April and had no issues at all - although it was before Canada’s road construction season. Spectacularly beautiful. My highlight was the Similkameen valley west of Osoyoos.
No doubt about the beauty, but after the floods many parts were washed out, single lane areas, many many pot holes from heavy November rains. The Coquihalla got the press because it had the washed out bridge but the Hope Princeton was pretty beat up.

Wondering if anyone has driven recently?
Old 05-24-2022, 02:24 PM   #410

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Go here for cams and advisories:
https://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwayc...l/www/624.html
Old 05-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #411

From what I can find on the web, there is paving going on between Sunshine Valley and the First Avalanche Gate in both directions till the end of June..
Old 05-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #412

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
On my drive through there a month ago, there was evidence of recently completed construction, but the road was as good as could be expected in the mountain passes and valleys. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, including #1 in the Abbotsford area.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #413

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Participant List

I think that I saw a post a few months ago that said that there're be a list of participants and campsite numbers.

Is that available or have I missed it?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:49 PM   #414

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I don’t think you missed it. I would expect maybe a hard copy in our package when we check in with the Escape people.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 PM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
On my drive through there a month ago, there was evidence of recently completed construction, but the road was as good as could be expected in the mountain passes and valleys. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, including #1 in the Abbotsford area.
Great, thanks!
Old 05-24-2022, 11:28 PM   #416

Trailer: 2018, 19'
Hwy 3 Vancouver to Osoyoos;

Hwy 3 ( Crowsnest ) Clear of any weather related issues. Beautiful drive but please pay attention to the speed postings. It's easy to overcook entrys into some of the slower corners. Absolutely no problem if you pay attention. See you here ! cheers Phillip
Wildrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:52 AM   #417

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0; previous 2008 Escape 17'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug & Betty View Post
Hi all,

We were concerned about the article that said ebikes were not allowed on some of the trails around Osoyoos so my wife contacted the Osoyoos Tourism Bureau, and Sharon at Escape. The Bureau said ebikes were fine, and Sharon asked “David,” who is attending the rally, to check things out.

Sharon forwarded the following report to us from David:
“Hi Sharon,
I did a reverse pre-ride of the two possible routes today. I started in the north, by the Highway 97 bridge close to the Jackson Triggs/Inniskillan winery and rode south to the parking area on Road 22.
I recommend the West side route along the river , as the East side trail only goes about 3/4 of the 19km trail (one way).
There are no restrictions for e-bikes along the route, although the paved section, starting about 2 km south of Oliver and extending to the turn-around point is restricted to a maximum speed of 30km/hr. (~19mph). The paved trail has a few kilometres where the paving is heaved from tree routes, and possibly frost. This limits the speed to 20-25km/hr for most people. The many people would average 15-18km on the unpaved section. None of it is what I would describe as “technical”.
I would plan of a 2 to 2-1/2 hour ride without stops.
Oliver Eats Delicatessen and the Firehall Brew pub are roughly 12km from the start. The 19km turnaround point is about 2 km from the popular District Wine Village. The Wine Village has 10 or 12 different wineries represented. Several of the smaller wineries actually make their wine on site. Beer, and some food items such as pizza and Parmesan fries are available as well. Best regards, David.”

Sounds like ebikes should be okay as long as you watch your speed. You can still ask locally just to be doubly sure before you ride.

Also, a big thank you to Sharon! And to David, and the Osoyoos Tourism Bureau!

See all y’all Thursday!
Doug
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, we are not joining the group ride on Saturday (we are doing the Escape Golf Tournament). We are; however, planning to do this bike ride on Sunday. See you all in Osoyoos. Good information about the Wine Village in Oliver - thanks.

Sandy and Ian
Conuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #418

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Not too worried though because I go Tim Hortons double-double tomorrow. That's two vacinations and two boosters.

Ron
They need to update the shirts, thanks to you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 shots and booster.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	62919
Old 05-25-2022, 04:11 PM   #419

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hello MarkinVan.Wednesday 25 May in the PM.
We came trough to Mannings Mule Deer camp yesterday in th PM.No problems or roadwork on that stretch.This morning between 0900 and noon we did the rest of the trip.Couple of spots were being cleaned up after somebody lost an insecure load.Flag people in place and clean up crews.Did not slow us down.Wow, it is warm here in # 50 at Nk Mip.Bring shorts.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:07 PM   #420

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
The RVLife Speedtest popped up as I signed on to the forum a few minutes ago. So, I said, “Why not?”

The Mk’Mip campground internet speed just checked out at 59.6 MBits/second. Considering how many campers are here, that s very quick.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote