Niagara Wine Escape 2021 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Potluck postponed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
My vote concerning a communal potluck this year is “not for us.” We have brought our own meals and joined in the circle at other rallies this summer, but we are not yet ready to share food and utensils.
Hi: KevinA... Thanks for the reply. This year we will again pass on a shared potluck. We will have our outdoor campfires at site 52 and a Friday nite Wine and Beer exchange.
Trailer tours are at the discression of the owners at anytime during the rally.
Betty's restaurant will still be open for small groups but not for a "Sunday Brunch". We will "Camp together separately" and enjoy each others company at a social distance. Please use a mask and hand sanitizer and elbow bumps are welcome!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
DROP BY SITE 52 TO REGISTER & PICK OUT A DOOR PRIZE!!!
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #62

Spots opened up?

Hi: all... With last min. cancellations there are a few sites opening. Call the Riverside for info. 905 382 2204 Alf
Old 09-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #63

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm still making the attempt to come from the Algonac rally, however trying to schedule a Covid test is, well, trying. With a 2 day wait for the results, and the inability to make a reservation until the week before, that doesn't leave much leeway with Canada's 72 hour limit...
Old 09-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #64

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
At Scamp Camp (Sebring, FL) last February, while we did not have a potluck as such, we had a chili dump the first night. Everyone brought cans of chili and they were opened and dumped into a pot by designated servers. As attendees went through the socially distanced line, there were two servers on the line, wearing masks and rubber gloves who put the requested foods on the attendees plates (silverware/plasticware and plates were brought by each diner) per their requests. People brought deserts (commercially prepared cookies, pies, cakes, etc.) also only opened and cut into portions by the servers. It all seemed pretty pandemic safe to me. The next night someone donated enough hotdogs for everyone, and they were grilled and served in the same manner. So while not a true “potluck,” and based on the spacing of camp chairs, it was a communal dinner. While I am not attending the NWE, attendees at the NWE might want to consider this type of “altered potluck” as it retains some of the social interaction (at a discretionary distance) for which we attend rallies.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #65

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
At Scamp Camp (Sebring, FL) last February, while we did not have a potluck as such, we had a chili dump the first night. Everyone brought cans of chili and they were opened and dumped into a pot by designated servers. As attendees went through the socially distanced line, there were two servers on the line, wearing masks and rubber gloves who put the requested foods on the attendees plates (silverware/plasticware and plates were brought by each diner) per their requests. People brought deserts (commercially prepared cookies, pies, cakes, etc.) also only opened and cut into portions by the servers. It all seemed pretty pandemic safe to me. The next night someone donated enough hotdogs for everyone, and they were grilled and served in the same manner. So while not a true “potluck,” and based on the spacing of camp chairs, it was a communal dinner. While I am not attending the NWE, attendees at the NWE might want to consider this type of “altered potluck” as it retains some of the social interaction (at a discretionary distance) for which we attend rallies.
While I'd go for a good old pot luck, there are great ideas / tips here, thanks for sharing Carl.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:22 AM   #66

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Jon, regarding getting a COVID test to go into Canada, are you trying to get one at home now or while you would be at Algonac? I realize you may be planning to cut across southern ON to get to Algonac, so this would need a pretty immediate test now. We are coming to Algonac from the west (IL), so our only test is for the crossing leaving Algonac to Canada. We had no trouble getting testing appointments at the Algonac CVS store for Friday, Sept. 10 and there are still lots of open times. We plan to cross the Blue Water bridge on Monday, Sept. 13, around 9 a.m., within the 72 hours requirement.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #67

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
A related anecdote.

Brother-in-law got his COVID test at a CVS in Watertown NY last week but hadn’t received the results in the required 72 hours (it came a day later) so he didn’t come across the border.

He’s tried again for this weekend but no news so far.

So it’s not just getting the test, but getting the results in a timely manner.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #68

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I hope this border mess gets cleared up before springtime 2022.......
Old 09-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #69

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Yep, we realize we are at the mercy of the COVID testing results and the arbitrary 72 hour deadline. If we don’t hear back in time, we will have to adjust or scrap our crossing plans. I’m sure we will lose some pre-paid fees from campgrounds, too, because notice of cancelation would be too late.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Jon, regarding getting a COVID test to go into Canada, are you trying to get one at home now or while you would be at Algonac? I realize you may be planning to cut across southern ON to get to Algonac, so this would need a pretty immediate test now. We are coming to Algonac from the west (IL), so our only test is for the crossing leaving Algonac to Canada. We had no trouble getting testing appointments at the Algonac CVS store for Friday, Sept. 10 and there are still lots of open times. We plan to cross the Blue Water bridge on Monday, Sept. 13, around 9 a.m., within the 72 hours requirement.
Thanks for the heads up on CVS. Much easier to schedule a test than at my usual Walgreens. Let's hope they manage to get the results in time.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:37 PM   #71

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I hope this border mess gets cleared up before springtime 2022.......

AMEN 🙏

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #72

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Hi All,

Excited to have ordered an E5.0 & to coming to NWE '21. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Wondering if the Blue Tarp Swap is still on the schedule. Have a larger item to contribute that I don't want to lug along if this event won't be happening.

Thanks, Lorraine from Pittsburgh
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
Hi All,

Excited to have ordered an E5.0 & to coming to NWE '21. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Wondering if the Blue Tarp Swap is still on the schedule. Have a larger item to contribute that I don't want to lug along if this event won't be happening.

Thanks, Lorraine from Pittsburgh
Hi: Lorraine Pittsburgh... Sorry but Iowa Dave who does the Blue Tarp event, to my knowledge, has cancelled his reservation at Niagara Wine Escape 2021. He really wanted me to get that special pair of rubber boots and I too had some stuff for the swap but it can wait!!! LoL Alf
Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #74

Hi Alf,
Thanks for the speedy reply. Sorry that some folks are needing to cancel, but look forward to meeting those who are able to make it.
Safe travels, Lorraine
Old 09-20-2021, 04:32 PM   #75

For those interested, I posted a couple of pages of photos of the Niagara Wine Escape starting here.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:54 AM   #76

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thanks Jon,
For being unofficial photographer and posting your photos.....hope to see you next year.......
Old 09-21-2021, 07:13 AM   #77

Niagara Wine Escape 2022?

Hi: All... My sincere thanks to those who helped with the Niagara Wine Escape this year. Due to the Fri. nite situation we had to postpone the wine exchange too. If you keep the wine another year it could become be a vintage bottle!!! Thanks to our US friends for jumping the imaginary lines, hoops, and apps. It was fun and we will do it again next year Sept. 16-18th. 2022. My hope is that some amount of normalcy returns by then!!!
Pics from around the park. Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1050370.jpg   P1050375.jpg   P1050377.jpg   P1050379.jpg  
Old 09-21-2021, 07:20 AM   #78

Making room for Niagara Wine Escape 2021.

Hi: All... Here's a pic I snapped of our neighbour towing out to make room for us. Is this the future of RVing... CanAM RV thinks so? The trailer made more noise than the Tug!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1050373.jpg  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #79

Thanks Alf for organizing us, & thanks Jon & Alf for sharing your pics. Already looking forward to Sept of 2022. :-)

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #80

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... Here's a pic I snapped of our neighbour towing out to make room for us. Is this the future of RVing... CanAM RV thinks so? The trailer made more noise than the Tug!!! Alf
Yes Alf, typical Can-Am set up. I hope he doesn't encounter too many steep hills on his travels.

We had perhaps originally planned to join you (we did get to Parry Sound Labour day weekend) and go on to the Miss. Rendezvous, but with the uncertainly of us being able to cross the border we returned home instead to wait until yesterday to find we'd attend zero rallies this year. Glad everyone had a good time!
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote