WA: Ft Casey Spring Escape Rally April 24-28, 2022 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2022, 06:51 PM   #41

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderBred View Post
We have the 5.0 it's a 2021 model and we will be there and we could show you.
Super kind of you! I really appreciate it! Will you be there for the entire time? I am heading north from Arizona probably on Monday April 18th, and will wander my way up there. Not sure what a rally entails as I’ve never been to one, so as the time gets closer, just let me know what would be a convenient day and rough time you are available. I’m very flexible and was planning on a three week free period before I start my next contract.
I’m probably the last person on the face of the earth not on Facebook, so I’m generally out of the loop on these social gatherings. I’ll keep in touch via this forum if that’s ok, or you can find me on Instagram (if you’re on that platform) under the name @vantasticviews. Thanks again for your offer! ✌🏼
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Hey my birthday is on the 18th...
We will be there on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday leaving Wednesday back to Port Angeles Washington.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Hey my birthday is on the 18th...
We will be there on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday leaving Wednesday back to Port Angeles Washington.
Happy Early Birthday! I was just up that way last summer. Did a 3 month contract in Tacoma and spent some time exploring the NW of Washington state. Beautiful area! One of my favorite campgrounds is right down the road from you- Lyre River Campground. Have you been? It’s lovely (and free!). I was sitting in my site with my doggo and up the river rolls three river otters!! Made my whole year seeing the gambol about! Anyway, I’ll be in touch, thanks again for your generosity! Cheers!
Old 03-23-2022, 08:00 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
You should check out Salt Creek campground it's a county campground.
By the way my wife and I were both nurses in the hospital setting for over 25 years.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:01 PM   #45

Quote:
You should check out Salt Creek campground it's a county campground.
By the way my wife and I were both nurses in the hospital setting for over 25 years.
Yes, I’ve been to salt creek and also Dungeness. I was at Dungeness last year when that awful heat wave struck. I ended up leaving early and heading back to Tacoma for a couple of days in a hotel. I lived in Florida over 30 years and never experienced heat like that. Hot, hot, hot! As for you both being nurses, I’m betting you’re very glad to be out of that game now. I’ve been a nurse since 1988, mostly acute care, and oh my! Things have changed! Look forward to meeting you both in April. Cheers!
Old 03-24-2022, 03:34 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We seem to be the only Canucks attending and looking forward to the Rendezvous and the trip down the Oregon Coast. When Bobby 1st posted last year we were eager to get moving on 2022 plans and this was a great start.
On our return north in mid May, I was looking for a decent Washington 1 night stop close to the border and I5. Is there a recommendation? Plan is to hit border and ferry as early as possible next day.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:59 PM   #47

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
We seem to be the only Canucks attending and looking forward to the Rendezvous and the trip down the Oregon Coast. When Bobby 1st posted last year we were eager to get moving on 2022 plans and this was a great start.
On our return north in mid May, I was looking for a decent Washington 1 night stop close to the border and I5. Is there a recommendation? Plan is to hit border and ferry as early as possible next day.
People were iffy about border crossings. Looks to be good, though!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:23 PM   #48

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Scott and Becky Carlson will be in our 2021 5.0 in site 18! See y’all there!
Kirkland Wa. Carlsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:55 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
People were iffy about border crossings. Looks to be good, though!
Since nobody else responded on one night stands- Rasar and Bayview are both on/off 20 at Burlington. A few miles off 5 for Bayview, a few more for Rasar. Washington Park in Anacortes and Deception Pass (Whidbey) are both a few more off 5. Larrabee is on the way up to Bellingham, but off 5. There is a KOA just past Burlington, clean, nothing great.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:40 AM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
Clean and just off I-5:

Bellingham RV Park
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:55 AM   #51

Updated.. Still not sure it is accurate as I may have mixed up some of last fall's. But a great group anyway!

April 24-28 Fort Casey 2022

site trailer occupant(s)
3 Ron and Debra
4 Melora
5 Selina and Gary
6 5 Bruce and Ann
8 Twyla
9 15A Karen H
10 Ed and Jane
11 17b Jinny B
12 19 Marlee and Clark
15 Doug and Betty
16 17b Bobbie M
18 5 Scott and Becky
21 Laila
22 19 Mary Ann and Curtis
24 15b Bobby and Patricia
27 21c Dianne
28 17b Mark and Shane
29 Arnie and Paula
30 21 Bob and Katie
33 Barbara and Jim
34 Scott and Katie
35 5 Renee and Roger
25? 21 David and Linda
Old 03-29-2022, 10:01 AM   #52

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkland Wa. Carlsons View Post
Scott and Becky Carlson will be in our 2021 5.0 in site 18! See y’all there!
Did you guys cancel your site 18? I got a notice it was available online and just booked it, but then I came here to the forum and notice that you guys were already planning for it...just want to make sure I didn't take someone else's site by accident! Sometimes these online reservation systems can be screwy...
Old 03-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #53

Count me in for this rally, I'll be there in site #18 starting on Tuesday the 26th. This will be my first ever rally and I've never met any of you, but I look forward to it! Unfortunately my wife can't come this trip so it'll just be me and my dog Rocky.

Note that after I booked site 18 I saw on here that Scott and Becky had previously said they'd be in 18, and I posted above about it but never heard back...I suspect they must've cancelled for some reason, but if it turns out it was some kind of reservation mixup I'd be happy to give them their site back.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:00 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Count me in for this rally, I'll be there in site #18 starting on Tuesday the 26th. This will be my first ever rally and I've never met any of you, but I look forward to it! Unfortunately my wife can't come this trip so it'll just be me and my dog Rocky.

Note that after I booked site 18 I saw on here that Scott and Becky had previously said they'd be in 18, and I posted above about it but never heard back...I suspect they must've cancelled for some reason, but if it turns out it was some kind of reservation mixup I'd be happy to give them their site back.
They must have canceled.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:45 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post

I live in the area and I’ve never met anyone either that will be at this rally so you are not alone. You are making a long trip to get here looking forward to meeting you and my dogs look forward to meeting Rocky.
There is also another rally that is put on by Donna Dee called the NOG. I just signed up for the fall NOG that is being held at Fort Stevens state park in north Oregon you might want to check it out. It’s always a fun time too.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 02:49 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I live in the area and I’ve never met anyone either that will be at this rally so you are not alone. You are making a long trip to get here looking forward to meeting you and my dogs look forward to meeting Rocky.
There is also another rally that is put on by Donna Dee called the NOG. I just signed up for the fall NOG that is being held at Fort Stevens state park in north Oregon you might want to check it out. It’s always a fun time too.
This is part of a bigger trip (my post-tax-season vacation, I'm a CPA) for which I'll already be in Bend OR the week before, so I figured not too much further to go up to WA, plus I have a dear friend who lives in Quilcene that I haven't seen in ages, so win-win! See you all soon...and yes I've been eyeing that one in the Fall too
Old 03-30-2022, 05:18 PM   #57

Yay, dogs! One activity I hope to do is to have a walk at nearby Greenbank Farm. It is a lovely setting with views of both sides of the island and off-leash trails mowed through the fields. Just a short drive from Fort Casey. Maybe Wednesday?
Attached Thumbnails
Greenbank hill.jpg   Greenbank trail dogs.jpg  
Old 04-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #58

Hey all, I made a reservation just up the road at Fort Ebey for 4/24-4/27 so I will swing by your rally to say hello, drool over your trailers, and wish I was you! Thanks to all who offered me advice about my pending 5.0 purchase and a peek inside your trailer. Hope we have great weather and look forward to meeting all you nice folks. You’ll know me because I’ll be the eye sore in the white camper-van. Cheers!
Old 04-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #59

That's great! feel free to come join in on any of our activities. (I'll post a schedule here eventually but some of it just gets posted daily.)
Old 04-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
That's great! feel free to come join in on any of our activities. (I'll post a schedule here eventually but some of it just gets posted daily.)
Thank you! I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I head north. I was going to a NOG back in 2018 and unfortunately has work interference and was unable to attend. Looking forward to this and the timing is perfect.