Escape 23 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Actually this preview happened at the best time. with everyone in quarantine and tired of watching reruns, lets design a new Escape is a welcome change.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 EXP 213
The E23F6 layout is exactly the layout I have been looking for. I have not purchased an Escape trailer yet, but if you build this one it would be at the top of my list for my next trailer. A dry bath is a must for us.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #23

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
The E23F6 layout is exactly the layout I have been looking for. I have not purchased an Escape trailer yet, but if you build this one it would be at the top of my list for my next trailer. A dry bath is a must for us.
Our favorite as well. It’s the only model , in our opinion, with decent sized beds. Plus with cushions on the back, the beds could make a nice lounge area.
I asked if the dinette area could be converted to sleeping. Awaiting a reply.

It’s all academic, of course, we are very happy with our almost new 21’. No trades being contemplated.

However, post-Convid and a recovered stock market could change that.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Like the rear entry models, but would like to see a wet bath option where you don’t lose so much room to a shower closet.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Love the rear door models, E23/F5 would be my vote. Separate sleeping area with the rear door is a plus, very similar to a lot of Airstream models.
I'm sure that you understand, of course, that your vote is only figurative, or represented by a purchase, because as Karl explained this forum thread is just a conversation which will not considered by ETI:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
Link is below, and it will take you to our website page which will then open the Escape Product Portal where you can see everything and provide us with feedback (we will not be using the forum or facebook for feedback)
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm sure that you understand, of course, that your vote is only figurative, or represented by a purchase, because as Karl explained this forum thread is just a conversation which will not considered by ETI:
Actually it is not a conversation but more of an area for comments, like you said they will not be responding, thus my comment.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
All the baths in the E23 are dry baths?
Yes, every one of the six floor plans shows a dry bath, and is redundantly described on the preview page as "dry bath with separate shower". The rearward entry plans have the shower across the aisle from the toilet-and-sink room; none are wet baths.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I much favour the twin bed setup. A full 3 sides of upper cabinets, easy access to under bed storage and a night stand. Much nicer storage, and a nice length bed.

When at Escape 9 days ago, when Karl and William were showing me these drawings, Karl mentioned there were a few folks looking for a twin. Others here mentioned concern about loading weights appropriately, and the two were discussing just that when I was there, so I can't imagine there is any worry.

I too would prefer a wet bath option giving more work area and storage too.

The seating at the dinette is to much for my liking. Seating 4 would be more than enough. I had mentioned what Bigfoot does with some storage one one side of their dinette in the twin model (and other ones too) and low and before, one click from William and up came that BF layout. That fellow is in top of things.

A few other comments I will make to them too. This method of introduction and discussion of theirs sure is a great way to do things.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Smile E23f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
E23 here we go. Next step is to define the exterior and place the order for the mold, this will take approx 3 months to manufacture and we hope (fingers crossed) to have prototype build in September 2020 with production starting in November or December 2020.

Next step is feedback on. concept layouts. Link is below, and it will take you to our website page which will then open the Escape Product Portal where you can see everything and provide us with feedback (we will not be using the forum or facebook for feedback)

https://escapetrailer.com/the-23-escape/

I am confident we have a winner in the E23.
Great Idea Karl
So we did some quick calculations and all of these designs seem to have ~ 2 sq ft more counter space than the 19 but I am not sure how useful that space will be in the L shape configurations. We like the F6 version because it seems to address our needs to leave the 19, bigger dinette, more counter space and easier in and out bed. A ley concern is the lack of a front window, though the side windows could be a good size to compensate for this. It will be interesting to see the window configuration around the dinette if the rear door option is decided on.

On another note, these designs are more readily towable that the Northern Lite Boreal 23 FB so we may not have to change tow vehicle right away. Also the end dinette is more appealing than the Boreal's side dinette especially if there will be nice surround widows.
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Good idea Karl

I like the F4 . It seems to me that F4 and F6 could both be built with same mold, Maybe have both options. It will be very interesting to see if one layout wins by a landslide.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
open the Escape Product Portal where you can see everything and provide us with feedback (we will not be using the forum or facebook for feedback)
Old 04-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
open the Escape Product Portal where you can see everything and provide us with feedback (we will not be using the forum or facebook for feedback)
Seems they will only be reviewing the portal info for feedback. That is fine, it worked well for me. As I understand from Karl's video the key decision is whether to have a front or rear door. I think the rear door options provide the most interest but then again I am not a fan of entering near the bed.
Cheers
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2020 21
I agree with you completely on that suggestion. The BF setup with the extra storage on the bench seat is great. I was going to suggest that to Escape as well so I'm glad to hear they are already considering it.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #34

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Seems they will only be reviewing the portal info for feedback. That is fine, it worked well for me. As I understand from Karl's video the key decision is whether to have a front or rear door. I think the rear door options provide the most interest but then again I am not a fan of entering near the bed.
Cheers
What's important for us is to have a place for shoes and coats by the entry door. Something that is totally missing with the rear door.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
What's important for us is to have a place for shoes and coats by the entry door. Something that is totally missing with the rear door.

Enjoy,

Perry
Actually for the shoes you have the same under dinette space you have in the E19 right by the door in all 3 rear door models. The coats would have to go elsewhere
Old 04-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #36

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I am really impressed that ETI wants to engage its customer base this way. And it is a pretty cool tool they have developed to gather that feedback.

But for me personally, I love the layout of the 5.0 TA and am not interested in a tow behind. If down the road, they come up with a few more options for a 5th wheel, I would be all over it! Having gone from a 19' to a 5.0TA, the difference in towing, handling, & maneuverability are important enough to me I doubt I will ever go back to a tow behind rig.

A 5.0 TA that already had the top step to the loft storage, and expanded storage over the jacks in the front compartment would be a nice addition to the current mold. My wife would like a dry bath that could be done with a 23' 5.0. but other than that the current 5.0 hits all the check boxes for us.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:56 AM   #37

Arnisea,
How about a pro/con for the 19 vs 5.0, in your opinion? I'd be interested as I have gone through that list at least a dozen times in past 8 years, even ordered 5.0 and switched it to a E19 in 2016.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #38

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Actually for the shoes you have the same under dinette space you have in the E19 right by the door in all 3 rear door models. The coats would have to go elsewhere
Don't want to be kicking shoes out of the way to use the dinette.

In my critique to ETI I suggested to have an opening on the floor to the left of the entry to give access to a shoe storage area at the bottom of the kitchen closet in F1, F2 or F3.

In F1 and F3 there is a coat closet opposite the entry door. You can also put coat hooks on the passenger side bedroom wall.

My other question is, "Why isn't there overhead cabinets above the stove and sink area?" You can never have enough storage. OTOH, a large window would open that plan up. Pros/cons!

EDIT: A half-height cabinet for dishes/pans would still allow a large window.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-29-2020, 09:11 PM   #39

Trailer: WAS Waiting for the 23 now looking for other options with dry bath
We are new members here and not yet Escape owners. I had been in touch with Escape over the fall and winter asking if they would consider making a 23 or 25 with a dry bath. We were told yes, a 23 was under consideration and perhaps a dry bath. Lo and behold we have a web page to view with options and get to give feedback- this is great and to us really speaks to their customer service approach.

We’re had a quick look and the F1 is definitely our favourite. Walk around Queen bed (tired of scraping by and struggling to make the bed in our current stick model) and a dry bath is an absolute must for us. We use ours every day and avoid the campground showers - we have seen some pretty grungy ones and have been in long shower lineups at some campgrounds.
Also thinking about the pandemic fallout and that we’d rather not be dependent on shared “public” showers.

The table configuration is a bit of a puzzle though, looks like a big table and a bit of a struggle to get into unless the table top slides in.

Will go on the official page and put in our comments. I couldn’t get it to work with my iPad so i’ll have to dig out the computer to do that.

Being new to this forum I’m learning a lot from reading threads about member experiences with their Escapes. It’s great info.
EscapingDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:57 PM   #40

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
After studying the models we have come to the conclusion that we're happy with our 19. The walk around bed was tempting -- climbing out in the middle of the night is challenging as is making the bed, but I have always enjoyed the three windows. And there are some advantages to having a bed go right up to the wall. Stuff doesn't fall off. Also, what would we do with all the stuff in the under bed storage?
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote