Escape additional storage lot time - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2023, 06:26 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post

Storage is really a problem no matter how it’s used in a sentence. Hoarders know this and have a fetish for boxes, Containers, and buildings of all types. Hope this all gets worked out without a lot of angst.

Iowa Dave
Not for me because I have a PhD in it. Pile it higher and deeper.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:28 AM   #22

Trailer: none
I love this tread.😂 Please tell me, what is "scrapple" and what does it have to do with storage? 😉
koakea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:20 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If you follow this forum very long you will encounter certain topics which evoke unexpected but passionate responses from members. Amazingly sometimes their opinions vary. These opinions sometimes grow long distance runner legs and can become quite lengthy. Making the number of responses pretty big. References made are for “best peanut butter, window style on trailers, best tow vehicle, and finally edibility of poutine, SPAM, and finally scrapple. Scrapple is a meat? (ahem) product made of ground trimmings from butchered animals, usually formed into a thin patty and fried . I once described it as a “meat cookie”. Many feel it’s inedible, some think not.

Being from Hawaii you could probably clear up a question I’ve had for some time. Does “Aloha” really mean hello and good bye?. There’s a starter for you. There can be serious, (learned) responses, humorous responses, responses with anecdotal proof of evidence, and finally flippant responses by people who are way to serious and don’t like to be tricked into wasting their time on frivolous topics. They will not inherit the Earth.

If you write without paragraphs you may be chastised by retired English teachers, grammarians and people with too much time on their hands. When that happens to me, which it has many times, I smile, say to myself, “my work here is done”, and go back outside to do some more work. Which is not often completed. Hope this helps
Iowa Dave
Old 09-01-2023, 12:16 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Today I saw a stick built trailer with a hitch hauler rack on the rear receiver. Mounted on the hitch hauler was a properly sized Knaak Jobox. Those babies are heavy duty. With a couple puck locks it’s about impossible to break into them

Iowa Dave
Earlier this summer we saw a well traveled 5th wheel with very robust, home fabricated receiver hitch rack on the back. On the rack was chest freeze with an open frame generator next to it. I'm sure there was a very good reason for that setup but regardless, that is a lot of weight to have bouncing around back there.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
And I bet there's still some folks clicking on this thread because they think that ETI has found and is offering longer term storage again.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 02:11 PM   #26

Trailer: none
Thanks for the scrapple explanation. I would love to try it some day. We love our spam here in Hawaii, I'm caring for my mom (92 years) her favorite breakfast is a slice of spam with cheddar cheese in a toasted buttered English muffin.

Regarding the word "Aloha". It's a word that's defined by it's context. It is commonly used as a greeting and it is used when people are departing. But it does not mean literally hello or goodbye. It's an attitude of love and respect. In Hawaii you often hear, " show Aloha". When you show Aloha, you're acting in a caring, giving, respectful and loving manner. The world has shown its aloha to Hawaii with all the help and contributions to Lahaina to help with it's recovery.

That's why I love to read this forum. I am on a 2 to 3 year plan to pickup an escape trailer. God willing that my health holds up. Being in Hawaii does present some challenges. Right now I'm just reading and learning. There is so much aloha in this forum, people really care and help each other. I love the support and a little bit of sarcasm makes me laugh. Keep it up everyone. Aloha
koakea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, eti, free, storage