May 2021 update on now. YouTube - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2021, 09:00 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Welcome to company moderated social media, what could go,wrong
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just go over to one of the Facebook Escape sites. Lots of people saying, "Nice Trailer" over there.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
At this time none of us really has any idea what form the soon-to-be-released ETI online communication site will take, eh?

I'll offer that several manufacturing companies / entities I know have sites for customer / user information exchange which are obviously moderated for content and have no feeling of "social media" about them at all; they're a strictly 'product and product-application information exchange venue'. Those sites are not intended for "social" networking but for 'technical' networking.

I find those sites very useful in their focus and organization, acknowledging that some are better than others. Folks who enter those venues with a mind to re-direct or expand their intended focus are likely frustrated by the focus-maintaining moderation and soon migrate to other 'outlets'. IMO there's nothing "wrong" about those venues at all, particularly if one recognizes and accepts that they are not "social media" by intent.

Nope, I've no idea if that's what ETI has in mind or can/will/wants to accomplish, but IMO there's no reason whatsoever to let the prospect of their own undertaking serve as cause for angst or offense in regard to this forum.

I for one look forward to seeing what they come up with, with the hope that it augments currently available offerings for Escape trailer information exchange.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
We will see.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
At this time none of us really has any idea what form the soon-to-be-released ETI online communication site will take, eh?

I'll offer that several manufacturing companies / entities I know have sites for customer / user information exchange which are obviously moderated for content and have no feeling of "social media" about them at all; they're a strictly 'product and product-application information exchange venue'. Those sites are not intended for "social" networking but for 'technical' networking.

I find those sites very useful in their focus and organization, acknowledging that some are better than others. Folks who enter those venues with a mind to re-direct or expand their intended focus are likely frustrated by the focus-maintaining moderation and soon migrate to other 'outlets'. IMO there's nothing "wrong" about those venues at all, particularly if one recognizes and accepts that they are not "social media" by intent.

Nope, I've no idea if that's what ETI has in mind or can/will/wants to accomplish, but IMO there's no reason whatsoever to let the prospect of their own undertaking serve as cause for angst or offense in regard to this forum.

I for one look forward to seeing what they come up with, with the hope that it augments currently available offerings for Escape trailer information exchange.
I can go with that. Let's wait and see.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:08 PM   #26

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Just go over to one of the Facebook Escape sites. Lots of people saying, "Nice Trailer" over there.
Should people not be saying that over there? This is a serious question. We’re in the long line waiting for a new Escape trailer to be built for us. We’re only willing to wait so long because we hear such great things about this company and their product. If that’s not the case, maybe we should be looking elsewhere. . . . We’re honestly baffled by your post.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:39 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Should people not be saying that over there? This is a serious question. We’re in the long line waiting for a new Escape trailer to be built for us. We’re only willing to wait so long because we hear such great things about this company and their product. If that’s not the case, maybe we should be looking elsewhere. . . . We’re honestly baffled by your post.
Escape makes an awesome trailer I have a 2017 19 foot 21C on order. Don’t be mislead by the responses right now,
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We’re only willing to wait so long because we hear such great things about this company and their product. If that’s not the case, maybe we should be looking elsewhere. . . . We’re honestly baffled by your post.

I was on one of the Facebook groups for a while and found little of value. Mostly it was just people congratulating one another for buying an Escape.

Here, you can be irritated by whining about this and that, but you can also learn a great deal from people who know what they are talking about.

I'm not sure why you think I was dissing the company or the trailer. I got my 17B in 2008 and I'm still very happy with it. Could probably sell it for more than I paid for it.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #29

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I was on one of the Facebook groups for a while and found little of value. Mostly it was just people congratulating one another for buying an Escape.

Here, you can be irritated by whining about this and that, but you can also learn a great deal from people who know what they are talking about.

I'm not sure why you think I was dissing the company or the trailer. I got my 17B in 2008 and I'm still very happy with it. Could probably sell it for more than I paid for it.
Oh wow. We’re very sorry for our total misread of your intent, gbaglo. I guess we lumped you into some of the negative vibe about the current Escape management team we’ve seen on this forum lately. That was our mistake. 100%. Unless we hear otherwise, we’re still very much onboard with waiting in line for our Escape trailer - which at the moment looks like late summer/early fall 2022 for us. Bleh.

We want to add that our communication so far with Melisa at Escape Trailers has been first rate. Her responsiveness was a BIG reason why we jumped two feet onto the Escape bandwagon. We hope our future Escape trailer is well worth the wait, and we look forward to gaining all the insight and wisdom we can from experienced owners like you as we get closer to our much anticipated delivery.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:20 AM   #30

No problem.

I've been accused of defending ETI at every turn. I just wanted to make it clear that I don't own stock, and have never talked to Karl. Had to pay full price for a new spare tire cover. Like my trailer.