New White Interior - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2021, 08:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
New White Interior

Hey you all, check out the new video on the white interior posted by Escape today; it shows the interior on a 2021 5.0

marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I glad they have another choice. I am sure some will love it. for me personally I like the wood look.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
It did not take a fraction of a second for us to pass on it. We are into contemporary decor and were keen to see what ETI would offer. However, this did not match our taste. We find the wood pleasing and it suites us well.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Truck camper, pending Escape
It's growing on me.

Happy to see choices but for this look I'd like to see a close up of the difference between the cabinet vinyl pattern and the doors. That's the dislike for us of the maple (not a perfect match).
snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I didn't like the new contempory interior at all. It's just too much white. Both my wife and I love our Maple interior that our 19 came with last year.

I did really like the interior in this truck camper. Fast forward to 5:10

Old 02-04-2021, 07:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snas View Post
It's growing on me.

Happy to see choices but for this look I'd like to see a close up of the difference between the cabinet vinyl pattern and the doors. That's the dislike for us of the maple (not a perfect match).
Hi: snas... The only thing growing on me is despair!!! Getting out and using something white for camping seems at odds with the dust and dirt of campsites. Tan/Brown is better IMHO. I realize that ETI has to use materials that are avail. to them and coordinate their assembly much like the auto sector. Choice is good but it still must be serviceable. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030935.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Love it!

I love the wide open look of the new white interior. And there really isn't anything decorative you might want to do that doesn't go with white.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I know it is not the same wall finish but I think it now opens up the acceptability of painting the inside of your wood grain trailer. You could actually get the same colour they use on the drawers so the walls match. I know it has been done a few times in the past but I expect to see it done a lot more in the future. Will it be as durable? I don’t think it matters if you can repaint the problem spots.

Maybe we will see some vintage baby blue interiors and more baby moon hub caps.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #9

Trailer: Truck camper, pending Escape
Cabinet vinyl pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: snas... The only thing growing on me is despair!!!
Is that a lock down thing or a life of quiet desperation thing !?

Last year was a complete bust for us and I expect the first half of this one will be too. So I'm soo looking forward to heading out in our Escape next year !

I get what your saying about the suitability of earth tones - pay me now or pay me later - but this new cabinet vinyl option looks to have a pattern and palette that might not be too bad for a little dust and dirt.

The doors and drawer fronts I'd expect to get dirty and scuffed, tho they might be durable enough and clean up well or be re-paintable, IDK.

Frankly if it was my choice only it would be Maple, but it's not like I'm recently married or anything, hello . I'm just happy the wall covering material was brightened a few years back, the rest will be gravy ...
snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Last time I saw an interior that looked like that, it was on my sister-in-law's sticky. It was brand new and the cupboards were already falling apart.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Last time I saw an interior that looked like that, it was on my sister-in-law's sticky. It was brand new and the cupboards were already falling apart.
Was it because the interior was white or because it was a sticky
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Was it because the interior was white or because it was a sticky

Cupboards looked like those you find in the bargain bins at a hardware store and probably were.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:14 PM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by snas View Post
- but this new cabinet vinyl option looks to have a pattern and palette that might ...
I'd urge everyone set on an Escape to take advantage of the materials samples available from ETI, online order form on this page:

https://escapetrailer.com/personalization/

Don't be shy, get everything, it's illuminating to 'see, touch, and feel' the actual products.

Nope, no samples of the wood door / drawer frames, but everything else, including actual squares of each of the paneling options. The different flooring materials also have different embossed textures, well-worth a 'feel' before deciding, IMO.

Yes, the 'contemporary white paneling' has a definite 'hard-rough-textile-like' texture, having a piece in hand is better than any inevitably inadequate text / verbal description or picture / video.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #14

Trailer: None Yet
I am new to the community, and I almost love this new interior. For me, this would be perfect if the walls were a light grey vinyl and not the standard white. You could even leave the ceiling white, but the walls, ceiling, and cabinets all one color is a bit too much.

I say that as someone who likes this styling usually, but even as we like modern looks more than wood, we would probably go maple just for some contrast. The cabinets themselves could have been light grey, with white doors, that too would look nice and be fresh and modern and you could maybe leave the walls white then too. I'd still consider the new color, but I'm not sure its perfect. Still, change is welcome and more options are good!
Fiberglass4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #15

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
I agree on getting samples of anything you might want to use. We got a white wall sample and I rubbed in dirt all over it and let it dry overnight to see how it would clean up. It cleaned like a charm so it is our 1st choice.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #16

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We have the maple interior in our trailer and it looks really nice. That said, if the white interior had been available in 2019, we may have chosen it over the white. I do like the inside of my trailer though!

One warning regarding getting samples of the materials you choose for your build - DO IT WITHOUT QUESTION! Wish that had been an option for our build. We ordered a really high end cushion vinyl flooring that looks like ceramic tiles, the look is absolutely beautiful and when you're walking barefoot on it it feels like your walking on a soft rubber mat - really comfortable! HOWEVER, we soon realized on our first trip that the deeply embossed texture on this flooring which gives it the rich look also is really really hard to keep clean because dirt mashes right into those grooves and is hard to get out, soooo, poor choice. Oh well...
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #17

Trailer: 2021 5.0
snas-that’s a great call on the maple not matching, it does amplify the real wood difference a bit.
It’s still a nice look but I’m definitely going to have another look at the white.
If I do choose the white I will be asking for a small bottle of their white paint for touching up, if it’s available...

So many shades of gray-and white
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #18

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Contemporary Interior

We are currently in the build phase of our trailer purchase. We have chosen the contemporary interior. We got samples and it seems it will be durable surface. This will give us a lot of opportunities to add pops of color throughout. Can't wait to get our trailer, August seems so far away right now...
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #19

Trailer: 2022 21C Travel Trailer
Pictures of contemporary with Mineral-Jet counters or interior in general

Hello all! Does anyone have a 21C contemporary with mineral-jet counters? Trying to get a visual of what that would look like. OR, if anyone has photo's they would be willing to share of what you have for counter, floor and material on cushions for your contemporary, I would greatly appreciate you sharing. Thank you!
lusaida18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:19 AM   #20

Trailer: 2021 21NE
21NE with Contemporary Interior and Mineral Jet Counter/Table

I am attaching a couple of pictures for you to see.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220205_091102505.jpg   IMG_20220205_091107696.jpg   IMG_20220205_091122145.jpg  
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote