The other Escape Forum - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 [August]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
The resale value of our 1st generation Reace and Tammy era Escape trailers is sure to increase the longer that Karl et al run ETI!
Remember, Reace and Tammy CHOSE to sell their company. The better ETI becomes with all of our help the more your "vintage" trailer will be worth. The BRAND and Quality impart the value (not the company owners). As ETI improves it benefits us all, including you.
Perhaps you should read your signature quote again!
Old 06-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #42

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsheldon View Post
It's difficult for me to comprehend why a forum that is only 24 hours old and has but a few posts is already getting "negative press" here.
Because the forum is not needed, can reasonably be expected to be misused, and the one thread in it which has been discussed here has a insultingly stupid response from ETI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsheldon View Post
Obviously no company is going to allow themselves to be "bashed" on their own forum but to the extent that problems are identified, with fixes, alternatives, and where work-arounds are presented in a helpful manner, I personally have no reason to believe that a company that relies only on "word of mouth" promotion will ignore or censure those problems.
No reason... except for what has already been done by ETI in that first example.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:19 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Because the forum is not needed, can reasonably be expected to be misused, and the one thread in it which has been discussed here has a insultingly stupid response from ETI.

C

No reason... except for what has already been done by ETI in that first example.
I got to agree that the response you referred to was a joke. I'll still give them a bit of time to get it right tho.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
I got to agree that the response you referred to was a joke. I'll still give them a bit of time to get it right tho.
That's admirably reasonable. On the other hand, this particular issue is very well known within ETI and to the staff member responding, so the reasonable query (complete with references) should have been responded to with care and attention, even if it was the first query they handled.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
OK folks - this thread has turned into a bit of a bash fest and seems to have come full circle. Time to close it.

This forum was set up by Escape owners for Escape owners and wanna be owners with input from Reace and Tammy who were always welcome here and participated regularly. These two things dramatically improved ETIs credibility and visibility. We have continued to be supportive of ETI but not at the expense of Escape owners need to discuss issues and even wish lists in a neutral environment. It's been gratifying to see member input on potential changes, ideas and upgrades eventually incorporated into ETI builds.

I am disappointed to see a new board that may potentially reduce traffic and input here but understand why ETI may feel the need to set this up. It's hard to read critical posts about your product. The really ironic thing is that this community exists because Escape owners ultimately love their rigs and want to show them off and discuss owner concerns with like- minded folks; we tend to be most critical of the things we cherish and want them to be perfect. I suspect this board has the most loyal owners anywhere.

Let's focus on what we do best here; members helping members and set aside this current distraction.

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Closed Thread