Hello from Washington - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_3031 View Post
Great Idea Andneither...I went ahead and booked a few nights there. Thanks

Awesome! They are so nice and it such a great place to stay to get set up.
AndNeitherDoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bullet View Post
Do be careful with big pans on the stove. My wife used a griddle to warm some flour tortillas and let it get to far to the right. The heat blistered the laminate. ETI graciously sent us a new piece of laminate. That was 3 years ago. I still have to replace. ETI is great; I am lazy.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new 19.

This happened to us too - a wide pan threw the flames sideways and the heat puckered the plastic wallcovering on the galley/bed divider. Could have started a fire, but we caught it just in time - the wall was hot to the touch. This was on the right rear burner on the 3-burner cooktop in a 21NE. I'm going to make a stainless steel side-splash to protect for the future (and to cover the puckered accident). Karl should really offer a side splash with the cooktop so close to the side support...Karl?
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:52 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_3031 View Post
Good morning....

I am a 67 year old Grandpa/widower, former Casita owner that has been a lurker here on the forum for awhile. I’m lucky to be taking delivery of my new 2020 E19 next week in Sumas, WA. It’s been great learning from all of you Escape owners on the forum so far, and love having this resource available for the future.

I was hoping to get a couple questions answered to help me get started from anyone that cares to weigh in.

- Does Escape supply a print (hard copy) of the manual? I’m aware of the electronic version, but I always like print too.

- on the two burner stove top, what is the maximum pan diameter you can use on that stove so as to not cause problems?

- I was planning to stay a couple nights in the Sumas/Bellingham/Birch Bay Area after taking delivery just so I can be close in case there is some problem with anything that Escape needs to remedy. Anyone have any preferred campgrounds they recommend in those areas?

- on Solar—- I have a Renogy solar suitcase (with its attached charge controller) from before that I thought I would just plug into the battery at times to supplement the installed solar panel with its own controller and inverter from Escape. I did not order the zamp plug in. I thought I had read from previous posts this was doable, but just double checking.

Thanks in advance!

Rick
Gig Harbor, WA
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. Not only does escape supply a printed manual, but they include the manuals for all of our appliances and accessories as well. We got a big accordion file to organize all of those.

Depending on how close you want to stick to Sumas, Washington Park in Anacortes is nice (no hookups, dump station only). I was going to do the same thing as you did when I picked up our 21C and was planning to stay at the Cedars in Ferndale (standard looking private RV campground, but well reviewed). I ended up just rolling the dice and heading straight home to Tacoma, so I can't speak from experience.

That strategy worked out fine for me and the only (minor) problems I have had surfaced after a few trips.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:57 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
This happened to us too - a wide pan threw the flames sideways and the heat puckered the plastic wallcovering on the galley/bed divider. Could have started a fire, but we caught it just in time - the wall was hot to the touch. This was on the right rear burner on the 3-burner cooktop in a 21NE. I'm going to make a stainless steel side-splash to protect for the future (and to cover the puckered accident). Karl should really offer a side splash with the cooktop so close to the side support...Karl?
Just to clarify this is the cooktop integrated with the oven option correct?
Old 01-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofdestiny View Post
Depending on how close you want to stick to Sumas, Washington Park in Anacortes is nice (no hookups, dump station only).
Incorrect. Washington Park has sites with electricity and water, although water may be shut off in the winter.

It is in an extremely beautiful setting, although there are no views from the campsites. We camp there every year, as it is close to many members of my family.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Incorrect. Washington Park has sites with electricity and water, although water may be shut off in the winter.
Looks like a beautiful place.

From their website: "In the campground there are 68 campsites, 46 have water and electrical hook-ups. These rent for $27 a night. There are 22 non-utility sites that rent for $21 per night. There are 25 sites available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that reservations must be made 14 days in advance. A sewer dump station is located near the park exit. Camping check-in and check-out time is 1 p.m. The campground is open year round."

https://www.anacorteswa.gov/560/Washington-Park