Picked up our 19' 19 yesterday 4/16/20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 11
Picked up our 19' 19 yesterday 4/16/20

Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.
__________________

adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 1,631


Now you can start your modifications at home rather than in your mind and be ready for when camping starts up again.
__________________

__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp12 View Post
Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.

Good luck with the trailer. Please update your profile to reflect a 19. It says 17. This will help if anyone is trying to assist you with a trailer related issue and you don't mention the trailer type directly in your post.
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Good luck with the trailer. Please update your profile to reflect a 19. It says 17. This will help if anyone is trying to assist you with a trailer related issue and you don't mention the trailer type directly in your post.
Done, thanks!
adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
arniesea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp12 View Post
Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.
Congrats on both the truck and the trailer! We are just down the road a piece in Bremerton. I used the have a E19’ pulled by a 2016 Tacoma. Welcome to the neighborhood!
__________________
- Arnie & Paula & Kizzy the rat terrier
https://www.arniesea.com
- 2019 5.0 TA, 2017 Tundra Platinum.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Doug2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, Ontario
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 589
Congratulations, ours has been sitting long enough were paying for storage.
__________________
2020 Escape 19, AKA The Escape Pod 2
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Turlock, California
Trailer: 2020, Escape
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp12 View Post
Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.
Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up. I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring? Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
ckang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckang1 View Post
Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up.
Hmmm...you might consider taking 405 and bypassing Seattle depending what time of day. I find towing through downtown a big pain. I also recommend some ice cream across from Bob's in Sumas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckang1 View Post
I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring?
I was also a little nervous about this but it was super easy. There are a couple of videos from Fastway Trailers that show you everything, but mostly just reference because all you need to do is lower the trailer onto the hitch, Escape does the rest.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ckang1 View Post
Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
No tools for hitching that I needed, however you will want a giant torque wrench, extender, and sockets (13/18" I think...) for the lug nuts. Read about that here:

https://escapetrailer.com/wp-content...ersManual1.pdf

Enjoy!
adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kent, Ohio
Trailer: 2017 21
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckang1 View Post
Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up. I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring? Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
I would bring grease for the hitch ball, a substantial hammer and a pry bar. Ours was stuck on the ball when I tried to unhitch for the first time.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Turlock, California
Trailer: 2020, Escape
Posts: 3
Thank you so much! I feel much better now.
ckang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:01 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I would bring grease for the hitch ball, a substantial hammer and a pry bar. Ours was stuck on the ball when I tried to unhitch for the first time.

If you had simple pulled forward six inches, stopped, put the vehicle in neutral and then applied the hand brake, you likely would have found it easy to unhitch.
__________________

__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×