Waiting for 21C - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2022, 03:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Escapes View Post
I hate my manual awning and would prefer to have no awning.
And the 12v outlet in our E19 is terribly inconvenient…wish we had one near the bed and/or in the kitchen.
Island Escapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
There are no rules that say you have to use it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:08 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Awning

Quote:
We love our manual awning and use it about every time we go out. Combined with our screen room and heavy vinyl apron that extends down to the ground from the trailer we have a bug free enclosure that greatly increases the enjoyment of our Escape. Cooler in hot weather, cuts down the wind, adds security, let’s us leave some things outside and not be concerned with heavy dew, light rain, hot sun on our cooler, don’t have to wear a hat on my bald head if I don’t want to. What’s not to like?

We much prefer the manual awning and since it sets up and tears down easily either one of us can operate it while the other is doing something else.
Wouldn’t camp without an awning.
YEOAAMV ( your enjoyment of an awning might vary)
Iowa Dave
Old 11-16-2022, 11:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
When I bought my 2017 19 foot the auto awning was the only option. I struggled for two years trying to keep it aligned to the trailer body...after so many times of deploying it, doing the adjustments and not having it come in snug I finally gave up and stopped using it. I then took it back to Escape to have them remove it and install a manual awning. My new 21c has a manual awning
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:18 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I say get the sand pads. If you only set up on concrete then you don't need the sand pads. I think the other stuff is just your choice.

My choice on the other stuff was:
  1. I went with the manual awning and have been happy with it. I would use it more if all I had to so is push a button but I am glad I got the manual one. It has more flexible deployment for sun or rain.
  2. I got the 5.5 cf compressor refrigerator because I also installed enough battery and solar to run it without problems. I wish I had self defrost and a larger refrigerator and freezer but would not sacrifice the compressor for a larger refrigerator. I have thought about installing a larger refrigerator.
  3. I ordered extra 120v outlets and use them. My trailer cell/wifi is run from a USB outlet I installed inside an upper cabinet. I ordered extra 12v outlets and use them once in a while.
  4. I installed my own hooks where I decided that I wanted them and use suction hooks on the fiberglass surfaces. I did not order any wall reinforcements and have not needed any.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge problem, power awning