Tank capacities - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2023, 01:52 PM   #181

Trailer: 2023 21NE
If Boondocking, I just make use of the natural landscape to pee. That leaves more room for her.
Charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:53 PM   #182
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
we find the black tank lasts a lot longer than the grey tank, if we're taking showers, even navy showers every couple days.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:17 PM   #183

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
We are satisfied with the tank sizes on our 21, I have no cause to doubt the posted capacities by ETI. I don’t think there is a black tank conspiracy or a grey tank conspiracy. I think I’m gonna drown some night crawlers and not worry about it unless I find out there’s a catfish conspiracy.
Iowa Dave
What are these night crawlers you speak of? I thought noodling was the proper way to catch catfish?
Good luck!
Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:47 PM   #184

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Noodling is an effective harvesting technique where legal. Not legal in Iowa. There are Iowa streams that hold large Flathead and channel catfish. Also in Iowa’s border rivers and the lower Des Moines river there are also some blue catfish.

Most fellows and women pole fish for catfish and some use either a trot line or “limb line”, which are legal. Personally I like those eaters that weigh about two to three pounds. From clean water off of rock bottom they are good to eat.

It seems unsporting to me and a poor waste of a resource to take a female brood fish off her nest. I do not respect that method of harvest. Legal or not. The Blackfeet native people had a special respect for the Mothers in any animal population. Mature polygamous males and young of the year are their traditional targets and my desired targets no matter what the species. Just my opinion.
Iowa Dave

https://youtu.be/PNyL2Othb8k?si=QOfNpTEL-F5YnO77
Attached Thumbnails
082FB5E5-A6F1-4E77-8F1E-8CC18991DCCC.jpg  
Old 12-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #185

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I agree with your thoughts and opinion on where to fish for better tasting catfish, and which to go after. Overfishing, and taking brood females, is very short sighted.

Years ago my FIL got me into trout fishing in Missouri spring creeks (major rivers to this desert rat at the time). I'd never seen creeks so big and clear as those that came from the Ozark area springs.

Looks like a tasty dinner. Enjoy!
Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote