Bellingham-Bozeman - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 15 Forest river (soon to be escape!)
Bellingham-Bozeman

Bellingham to Bozeman, wondering if anyone has a recommended mid point camp spot? Looking for safe and quiet. Traveling with the kiddo and wife and would like to break up the 12+ hr drive. Thanks!
mikedbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
We spent a few days at Jim & Mary’s RV Park on US-93 about 1 mile north of I-90 on the west side of Missoula. Very quiet and many places to get supper at that exit or the next exit east. And if you want to spend a couple of days in the area the National Bison Preserve is about 40 miles north up US-93.
We have also spent an overnight in Deer Lodge, MT. Campground is on south side of I-90. Nothing special but easy in and out, and a decent restaurant within walking distance.
Clean bathrooms in both places.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 Bigfoot 21
There's a really nice Trailer/campinig park in Medicine Lake, WA. I try to stop there on route to Montana.

https://thedyrt.com/camping/californ...on-area#photos
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Do you mean Medical Lake? Just outside of Spokane on I 90.
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 21 NE
You might look at Camp Coeur d'Alene, kind of midpoint.
Tele8141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:45 AM   #6
RWS

Trailer: 2014 escape 21
Not sure when your traveling but there's a forest service campground off I-90 in Montana. Cabin City campground off exit 22. Really quiet. Should be open the end of this week.
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Lolo Hot Springs on Lolo Pass in Montana outside Missoula. They have hot spring pools and a big campground. Right on the pass.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
6 hour days

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedbakke View Post
Bellingham to Bozeman, wondering if anyone has a recommended mid point camp spot? Looking for safe and quiet. Traveling with the kiddo and wife and would like to break up the 12+ hr drive. Thanks!
While I admire your gumption in driving two six-hour days from Bellingham back to Bozeman, I'm wondering if that's more than you really want, especially on a shakedown cruise voyage with a brand-new Escape. Yes, of course, you can do it but you might leave yourself quite exhausted with six-hour days.

We've made that trip more than a dozen times, only back to Missoula. There are some wonderful campgrounds around Lake Chelan, including the delightful Lakeshore RV Park operated by the city of Chelan [https://cityofchelan.us/departments/parks-recreation/]. And, of course, there are a number of Harvest Host wineries if you're into wine tasting, all along your route.

Another Washington treasure is the Wanapum State Park Campground, near Vantage, WA. Quiet, clean and beautiful. Riverside State Park, Bowl and Pitcher Area, outside Spokane is well worth your time. We try to use that one anytime we are near Spokane. The spots down by the river are wonderful.

Then, if your next stop is around Missoula, the other responders have already provided you some potential stops near here. Then, Missoula to Bozeman is a piece of cake.

If you're in a hurry, obviously our more languorous agenda won't suit your needs. Traveling a bit slower will certainly allow you to smell more roses.

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We have stayed overnight at Wallace RV park in Wallace Idaho returning to Seattle from Yellowstone.
Quiet overnight spot right near I 90. Cute town for some brief exploring, brew pub located nearby.
Gasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
While I admire your gumption in driving two six-hour days from Bellingham back to Bozeman, I'm wondering if that's more than you really want, especially on a shakedown cruise voyage with a brand-new Escape. Yes, of course, you can do it but you might leave yourself quite exhausted with six-hour days.

We've made that trip more than a dozen times, only back to Missoula. There are some wonderful campgrounds around Lake Chelan, including the delightful Lakeshore RV Park operated by the city of Chelan [https://cityofchelan.us/departments/parks-recreation/]. And, of course, there are a number of Harvest Host wineries if you're into wine tasting, all along your route.

Another Washington treasure is the Wanapum State Park Campground, near Vantage, WA. Quiet, clean and beautiful. Riverside State Park, Bowl and Pitcher Area, outside Spokane is well worth your time. We try to use that one anytime we are near Spokane. The spots down by the river are wonderful.

Then, if your next stop is around Missoula, the other responders have already provided you some potential stops near here. Then, Missoula to Bozeman is a piece of cake.

If you're in a hurry, obviously our more languorous agenda won't suit your needs. Traveling a bit slower will certainly allow you to smell more roses.
Sage advice Klaus; thanks for the tips & sorry we missed you at Missoula Costco a few years back.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I would echo the comment about the Wallace RV Park. Great burgers and brewskis. Also, the St. Regis RV park, near St Regis, MT. Very nice and clean. We have driven the reverse route many times. But, on the other hand, don't forget wine tasting near the Tri-Cities.
rajenkins is offline   Reply With Quote