Drive up to Chilliwack from Georgia? or get delivery? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Poll Results: Drive up or have delivery?
Drive 20 55.56%
Delivery 16 44.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #61

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
If the border is closed then Escape probably won't be able to deliver a non-essential trailer to the US anyway.
bailiej757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
It is trade, and that is essential. They are currently delivering trailers to Bob's Burgers in Sumas, WA as they have been doing for years.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
If you decide to drive out, plan for an extra day as a "cushion". I budgeted 500 miles per day from the Florida panhandle to Chilliwack, so six days. I was advised by a friend to add an extra day "just in case". Sure enough, I got food poisoning in Utah and had to stay two nights in Ogden. When I finally left I had to hit every rest stop from there to Oregon. Ugh.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #64

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
If you decide to drive out, plan for an extra day as a "cushion". I budgeted 500 miles per day from the Florida panhandle to Chilliwack, so six days. I was advised by a friend to add an extra day "just in case". Sure enough, I got food poisoning in Utah and had to stay two nights in Ogden. When I finally left I had to hit every rest stop from there to Oregon. Ugh.
Excellent advice! I ended up using the extra day built into my own schedule for "the unseen" as a day of rest at an AirB in Chilliwack. So glad to have had that down time before hooking up the trailer and returning to Houston!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #65

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
The same thing happened to me - also in Utah!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:57 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Take the drive!

We departed Atlanta metro March 9 to drive to Portland, OR to pick up our new to us, 21. (From ATL, Portland might as well be Canada.) With the 21 in tow we returned to ATL through the NPs in California (Redwoods, Death Valley), then to a few in Utah and NM. Total trip was a little over 9000 miles. Had a great time- do it!
Rich30039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #67

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
I made the trip a year ago. I spent more money on gas, hotels, food, and sightseeing than it would have cost me to have the trailer delivered.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
I made the trip a year ago. I spent more money on gas, hotels, food, and sightseeing than it would have cost me to have the trailer delivered.
But the memories are priceless.........
Old 05-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #69

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich30039 View Post
We departed Atlanta metro March 9 to drive to Portland, OR to pick up our new to us, 21. (From ATL, Portland might as well be Canada.) With the 21 in tow we returned to ATL through the NPs in California (Redwoods, Death Valley), then to a few in Utah and NM. Total trip was a little over 9000 miles. Had a great time- do it!
You're fortunate that you got to go before more things were shut down. A month later and there was more uncertainty. Would love to have driven there!
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #70

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
True. I was surprised how differently Canada felt than the US. I wish there was a cheaper way to have memories implanted in my brain like Total Recall.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:08 PM   #71

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
CBC radio report says BC provincial parks will remain closed to camping until at least June 21.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #72

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
True. I was surprised how differently Canada felt than the US.
When I was a kid my Granny lived a mile from the border. The first time my parents took me across the border to the United States for an ice cream cone I looked at the houses in Blaine and said "but they look like ours". Don't know what I was expecting the United States to look like.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So true.

It is said that on their deathbed, few people say “I wish I had spent more time at the office.”

I would venture to say even fewer would say “My fondest memory was watching the driver deliver my Escape.”
Old 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #74

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
True. I was surprised how differently Canada felt than the US. I wish there was a cheaper way to have memories implanted in my brain like Total Recall.
Interesting observation. I find it just the opposite. To me, it only feels different in Canada when paying for fuel! Unless one goes to a certain province more to the eastern part Of Canada, the language is the same and cultural values are the same. Even in the aforementioned province, except for certain parts of one city, the majority of people are friendly and try to be helpful. It does seem different there, but you still see Home Depot, Lowe’s, McDonalds, Wendy’s (which I believe is now Canadian owned) and a large number of Canadians drive vehicles manufactured, many of them assembled in Canada, from US based corporations. The way some things are done in Canada is inferior to the way things are done in the US, but the reverse is also true. Still, any differences are minor. I do not feel like I am in a foreign country when I enter Canada. Now Mexico, that is a different story.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:15 PM   #75

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
CBC radio report says BC provincial parks will remain closed to camping until at least June 21.
Glenn I thought BC was doing so well. Here our parks are open and people are camping this long weekend. Our total case count for the virus was 290 yesterday, today it actually went down to 289, no new cases and a presumptive positive proved to be negative. We have four people only in hospital now, only 30 active cases. Deaths remain at seven. Not bad for our 1.3 million population.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:21 PM   #76

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Interesting observation. I find it just the opposite. To me, it only feels different in Canada when paying for fuel! Unless one goes to a certain province more to the eastern part Of Canada, the language is the same and cultural values are the same. Even in the aforementioned province, except for certain parts of one city, the majority of people are friendly and try to be helpful. It does seem different there, but you still see Home Depot, Lowe’s, McDonalds, Wendy’s (which I believe is now Canadian owned) and a large number of Canadians drive vehicles manufactured, many of them assembled in Canada, from US based corporations. The way some things are done in Canada is inferior to the way things are done in the US, but the reverse is also true. Still, any differences are minor. I do not feel like I am in a foreign country when I enter Canada. Now Mexico, that is a different story.
As you know Carl we live on the border. We go (well not now) across the line to Pembina ND two miles south which just looks like our small town except the gas stations have signs making the gas seem more expensive unless one knows that the price there is in gallons and our in litres
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #77

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
Drive.
My 6 mo. Boston and I {I'm a 45 model} did a marathon from Atl. to Sumas in 10 days, 01/10 19 from Atl. 3,500 mi. one way. Slept in the truck on the way out and Escape 21 on the way back. ! night in a Bellingham hotel. Gas was more expensive then and total cost of trip was $1,000 +/- plus $69 for the room. Rotten weather but still a nice trip. The trip today because of weather, would be a lot shorter and gas less expensive and pleasant. My puppy is 2 now and still talks about her trip with dad. Best of luck.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #78

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomara View Post
Drive.
My 6 mo. Boston and I {I'm a 45 model} did a marathon from Atl. to Sumas in 10 days, 01/10 19 from Atl. 3,500 mi. one way. Slept in the truck on the way out and Escape 21 on the way back. ! night in a Bellingham hotel. Gas was more expensive then and total cost of trip was $1,000 +/- plus $69 for the room. Rotten weather but still a nice trip. The trip today because of weather, would be a lot shorter and gas less expensive and pleasant. My puppy is 2 now and still talks about her trip with dad. Best of luck.
Wow, in the middle of winter. We have done that trip several times but normally in May to October months.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #79

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking Schedule??

WE split the diffwerence and will pick up our 21 in Lk Havasu AZ in a couple weeks, @ Lead Dog Motorsports, the local dlr. So give Randy C. a call. Shipping to there is 1/4 of shipping to 10aC and we still get to visit about 1/2 the places we had planned while picking up in Sumas. And we don't have the hassle of crossing the border for orientation this time
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #80

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Enjoy the heat: Lake Havasu 110 on Friday. Hopefully that AC doesn't blow a gasket