Escaping Smoke - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2020, 03:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
This is what I bought to clean Zen up with!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far, so good. Gonna clean her up again this week. Gonna try DonnaD's suggestion to lower the landing gear to clean the nose.
Thanks I'll look into that
Jelly Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Roll View Post
How do you actually reach the whole roof? I have been using our car washing sponge and car wash detergent. The power washer was just because we couldn't reach the black yuk by hand...
We use a Gorilla ladder which gets you safely right up to the roof . We only need to move it 3 times on each side down the line . Costco sells one cheaper then ordering on line . Also have the knockoff from Harbor freight in back yard . 109 . Much stable ladder . Sold almost all the other leaders not safe and would tip easy . Go to there website and you can see what these ladders can do . I think Home Depot also has one . Can set it to get right next to trailer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Been in CO 11 days now; did go to Snowys in WY and was great for two days. Then the Mullen fire started so we had to leave Sugarloaf CG. Steamboat, Leadville, BV, Salida and now Ouray have been all blue skies and great weather. Leaving Amphitheater #25 tomorrow if anyone interested. Probably best spot in CG, which is open until 10/5.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Been in CO 11 days now; did go to Snowys in WY and was great for two days. Then the Mullen fire started so we had to leave Sugarloaf CG. Steamboat, Leadville, BV, Salida and now Ouray have been all blue skies and great weather. Leaving Amphitheater #25 tomorrow if anyone interested. Probably best spot in CG, which is open until 10/5.
Jealous Ross ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:33 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Jealous Ross ! Pat
I recall someone traveling to Snowy Range last week, but couldn't recall who it was. We were in the Snowy range too.
Our son-in-laws family has Owned a cabin in Keystone, WY since the early 40's, purchased by his Grand Parents. They don't clear the roads there even now in winter so visits are from Albany, WY by snowmobile. You can imaging how remote it was 75 years ago.
Daughter and S-I-L bought a cabin there about 20 years ago. Also Pat's Brother and Sister bought cabins with their spouses in the last 10 years. Beth and Pat bought the lot next to them about 8 years ago, it included a small cabin, a nice garage, a smaller cabin and a Bunkhouse.
Beth and Pat are in the process of repainting their set of buildings on both lots, and have been working most of the summer changing them from pink to beige.
Last week Pat was going bow hunting for elk so Beth would be there alone. We volunteered to take our Escape up there, about a 3 hour drive from our home to help her out with the trim. We arrived there about noon on Tuesday and worked on screens Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday afternoon Beth got a text saying a fire had started that morning about 10 miles west of their cabin. Over a great taco dinner we discussed the fire and the warning to prepare to evacuate. Pat had a dental appointment in Cheyenne that day and was coming back to the cabin later in the evening. The immediate area was covered with hunting camps there too. We imagined that if an evacuation was ordered us and our trailer would become a hazard for some less than patient evacuees. And if we stayed we would not sleep anyway due to fire concerns. So we got out of there and to the Walmart in Laramie about 10 PM and spent the night there, comfortable. The next morning evacuation was ordered.
In the past week the Mullen Fire has swept through Keystone and destroyed both Pat's brother and his sisters cabins. Beth and Pats is still standing but no one can get in to assess the extent of the damage. It was a close one for us, but devastating for so many others. Luckily no lives were lost. Speculation is it was human caused.
Do have a pretty dirty 5.0 at this point.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:40 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Very sad to hear- and saw the Forest Service was asking for the Public's help as to seeing anything suspicious as it may have been human caused.

Back in Santa Rosa a close friend was about to close escrow: house with 13 acres on Los Alamos Road this week. Its gone; escrow canceled.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:20 PM   #27

Trailer: 2006 8.5' Alaskan. 2008 Scamp 16. 2015 Escape 21
I've been watching the smoke from the Mullen Fire from here. They expect it to cross the line into Colorado and have ordered evacuations in the northern part of Jackson Co. Back to Jelly Roll's question, I use a 6' painters scaffold to reach the top of my 21. It is very handy. I may even use it for painting someday.
Ditchrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrider View Post
I've been watching the smoke from the Mullen Fire from here.
Yesterday I was fishing in southern Wyoming, in an area that was new to me. On the return I came to a 4-way intersection of unmarked dirt roads and was unsure which way to turn. With no landmarks I was getting worried but then saw the plumes of smoke from the Mullen Fire. And I remembered that I drove through them on the way up, so that became my landmark. A very sad and unfortunate landmark...
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote