Parking the trailer for a few days? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2024, 10:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 21NE picked up in May 2022
Parking the trailer for a few days?

Quick question if you are staying with someone in another city for a few days and not in your trailer, where do you leave it?

We don't normally do that but in my case we will be visiting some family in Salt Lake City for a few days at the end of May and I thought I would find a place to just leave the trailer for a few days, then pick it up and get back on the road. I am thinking that I will approach an RV park or a RV Supply and Repair place and see if they have a reasonable secure spot to do that. I am willing to throw some money at them.

I do have the good hitch lock. I don't want to leave it in the street. I am not a member of the Eagles, or the VFW or any church. Anyone do something kind like that and have a suggestion for us? Thanks!
Randy in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We have either stayed in it close by, been able to leave it off street at their house, or they had friends with property where we could leave it, but there are typically private rv parks and dealers with a pay for temporary storage option.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ve only done this once and for a couple days. We had a fold down, I paid the regular minimum rate at a private campground. They had an on-site host with a trailer next to the camp store. He had me back the trailer into the site adjacent to his tailer. Two days later we came back, trailer was fine, away we went. I liked leaving it parked next to the host and do that regularly with the Escape in many campgrounds to this day.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-12-2024, 02:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Ask your friends you’re staying with.
Can it be parked out in front of their home.
Their church,
At a friends home that doesn’t have CCR restrictions
RV park within a reasonable distance.
Call an RV repair place and ask where they could suggest.

Maybe post where (state/city). Someone who is on this forum may have a suggestion.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I left mine at an RV park on the mainland near South Bass Island (Lake Erie) while we visited friends on the island (no bridge, only a ferry). The RV park was hated and they charged me $5/night and it was in the boat storage area which, being summer, was pretty much empty.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I had to leave my trailer for three weeks in the bay area near my daughter's. I opted for a lighted guarded and gated storage place with cameras and it was worth it to me. They gave me a deal as I was only staying short term. I think it was about a hundred dollars.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 21NE picked up in May 2022
Thanks for the ideas!

I think I am set. I called a nice safe secure storage area near Salt Lake and they told me they could make it work for about $50 for my 5 days. Fenced, cameras, and ID required. Everyone has to check at the office before anything leaves the facility. Works for me!
Randy in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote