Ambassador Program Question for you! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2023, 04:15 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Don't know whether Oliver organizes these, or whether the owners do, but this might be a good model for ETI to copy. We'd certainly be interested in participating.
Actually ETI did that at the last Q'site meet before Covid struck. Wouldn't be surprised if they start doing that sort of thing again.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:49 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I am not sure how many cheques I have got, but a dozen or so over the years. Not really necessary but still a nice thing to get.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:03 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
BTW, I just got an email from Oliver, saying that they are having a "Mini-Rally" of 25 or more regional Oliver owners, in Boothbay, Maine, with an Open House event with an Oliver representative there.

Don't know whether Oliver organizes these, or whether the owners do, but this might be a good model for ETI to copy. We'd certainly be interested in participating.
Hi: MrLynn... That would certainly be a bit of a "Twist". Might just leave some folks wanting MORE!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 04:42 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rallies

Quote:
BTW, I just got an email from Oliver, saying that they are having a "Mini-Rally" of 25 or more regional Oliver owners, in Boothbay, Maine, with an Open House event with an Oliver representative there.

Regional rallies are held throughout the USA. I have not and will not attend a rally which indicates exclusivity of any kind. Although some are “Camper named” or “era the camper was built named” if I feel like going and it’s a public campground I’ll be there regardless of the theme. Discrimination of any kind is unacceptable. If you’re not treated well at any rally it’s your prerogative to opt not return and also your right to publicly advise folks about how you were treated. I’ll treat you well if you’re in a tent or a Prevost. I’ve camped next to both. One of the most intelligent and mechanically talented guys I ever camped near had a school bus camper and the drive train was certainly to be envied.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-01-2023, 07:37 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
We signed up as Ambassadors, but as yet have had no inquiries from ETI or anyone else. We've only had our Escape for a year, though.
Surprisingly, just after I wrote that, I got a Private Message from a shopper in a neighboring town, who had gotten our names from ETI and had emailed me, but I never saw the email. Good thing he saw this thread! We made an appointment for next week.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #26

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Not a bad idea. I've had some folks stop and ask about the trailer but others walk on by. But I could tell that they were curious about the trailer but maybe too polite to disturb us.

Run it by Karl.

Done 6/1/23
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:01 PM   #27

Trailer: 2021 21NE
In the beginning we had several emails and several showings. Last year got several emails and no showings. Withdrew from the program as we are now full time on the road.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:09 PM   #28
Site Team

Is there a form that a viewer must fill out or sign for us to document that we showed our trailer to shopper?
Old 09-21-2023, 09:09 AM   #29

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Maybe another sign of changes underway with ETI. We're in the Ambassador program and have shown our 5.0 several times, resulting in a couple of sales and checks from ETI. We also viewed a couple of trailers prior to purchase through this program.

In the past it's always been an email form. "So and So will be contacting you for a viewing...respond to this email after the showing." This week we got a more casual email from ETI, asking if we would be willing to show. Then the next day, we received a phone call from ETI asking if we wanted to show to a different prospect. We did get an email confirmation after the call, but both of these felt a little loose, like no one is running the program and they can't find the instructions on how to generate the email form.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 04:29 PM   #30
Site Team

We are in the Ambassador program. I got an email from Shawn Neve at ETI a couple of weeks ago, asking if he could send our information to a prospective customer. I said "Sure," and we got a call a few days ago from a couple in New Hampshire; we arranged a meeting next week.

So the system seems to be working now.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:40 PM   #31

Quote:
We are in the Ambassador program. I got an email from Shawn Neve at ETI a couple of weeks ago, asking if he could send our information to a prospective customer. I said "Sure," and we got a call a few days ago from a couple in New Hampshire; we arranged a meeting next week.

So the system seems to be working now.
I guess what's different was that before, this was an automated system that seemed to work pretty well. Now they are reaching out, either by email or phone call to confirm interest in showing. Before, you just clicked Yes or No and they responded to the prospect appropriately. That initial email had the prospect and the ambassador linked. Not sure how they are managing the recording keeping now. It's different, that's all. We'll see how it goes. In any event, we're always happy to show off our 5.0!
Old 09-21-2023, 04:56 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have been an ambassador since it started, actually well before. They have always sent me an email saying they would like to give my contact info to someone who might be contacting me and gave their first name.

A couple I received recently I had to respond that I would be unable to see them being gone since July 12 and not returning until October. They thanked me for the message.

This really is not anything I would be worried about. I have received some nice little cheques over the years and can't complain about that. [emoji6]

But really, it is not at all about the money, just glad to show someone my Escape and the work I've done on it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 05:15 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
I've never had an email from Escape saying someone was interested in seeing mine.

Where we live is far from anyone who might be interested, although when traveling have had interest and showed trailer usually somewhere like a Costco parking lot. Never hear if anyone has bought one after though. When we were selling our 5.0 single axle we were traveling from GA to eastern ON and put on the forum I was doing so and would show the trailer enroute. One couple did meet us in PA, didn't buy the trailer but subsequently bought one from Escape and only knew because I got the referral cheque. We did sell the 5.0 to a Quebec couple who only had to come to just south of Ottawa to see it, place deposit then return to pick it up.
Hey Adrian: remember you showed your 5.0 to us way back when we were looking. We also saw a pull-behind in our city. We gave both your names to ETI when we purchased our new 5.0TA.

We were contacted by a few different couples and showed our trailer to them. We got one cheque from ETI. A few years later we met one couple on the road who said they'd bought a new trailer after seeing ours and gave our names to ETI. We didn't get cheque for that one. I contacted the company and they sent us a couple crappy t-shirts. We dropped the Ambassador program after that.

We show our trailer frequently to other travellers who show interest but don't bother giving out the referral cards ETI included with our trailer..
Old 09-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #34

Trailer: August 2017 17b
I've always been glad to share my trailer, and my thoughts re it with people. People have always been gracious. Some then ordered an Escape, some maybe not. Whatever their choices I've always been glad to help them. Only got a check once, but never did it for the money...
I like when Escape gives me a heads-up... Makes me feel interest legitimate.
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 01:00 PM   #35

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Hi folks: I've recently been in touch with ETI to confirm we're signed up as ambassadors in our area. We're not in it for the money, since we love our trailer and are happy to show it or discuss to interested people. But fyi, this is the description I received in the confirmation email of ETI's current incentive policy:

"If a potential customer decides to purchase and subsequently takes possession, we then issue a cheque for $200CAD (equivalent in USD) to the Ambassador. If the potential customer views two trailers, the gift is split in half. Cheques are mailed out quarterly (March, June, September and December)."

Paul
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:28 PM   #36

We showed our 5.0 in mid-October after parking it for the winter. I had two showings the same day, both nice couples. I sent ETI an update on both showings. Last week I got 2 - $100 Visa gift cards (well, actually one for $200). That was nice. I beleive their new program is $100 per showing and $500 per sale.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
We showed our 5.0 in mid-October after parking it for the winter. I had two showings the same day, both nice couples. I sent ETI an update on both showings. Last week I got 2 - $100 Visa gift cards (well, actually one for $200). That was nice. I beleive their new program is $100 per showing and $500 per sale.
"Per showing"? That would be nice. We didn't get anything for showing our 21C back in September. Not that I expected anything; the folks who looked were as friendly as could be.
Old 12-24-2023, 10:39 AM   #38

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
How long does it take to receive check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post

We showed our 21C to a nice young lady from North Austin about a month ago. Since she has never had a trailer before and will be by herself we suggested the 19 might be a better fit. She was going to notify ETI that she had seen ours. We have heard nothing from the Ambassador program. Do we need to follow up? Who to contact?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:58 AM   #39

Trailer: 2012 E19
I'm wondering if a 2nd owner is able to join the ambassador program. I bought my 2012 this year (2023) and it's still in great shape IMO. There are no other Escape owners nearby me on the map, so it seems like there could be a need for an ambassador in my area.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:04 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I'm wondering if a 2nd owner is able to join the ambassador program. I bought my 2012 this year (2023) and it's still in great shape IMO. There are no other Escape owners nearby me on the map, so it seems like there could be a need for an ambassador in my area.
Yes; we are second owners and I am in the Ambassador program.