Buying from Escape Inventory? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2024, 08:40 AM   #1

Trailer: E-Pro 19FD
Buying from Escape Inventory?

Settled on the 5.0. Wayne from escape was telling me the incentives to buy from inventory.

1) Free delivery to your house, avoid a $2,500 flat rate. I live 33 hrs away from the factory, that is not a drive I will make.

2) Some modifications can be made to existing inventory and price cuts on the add ons or in some case added free. Specifically I mentioned the Houghton AC, that may be added free. I guess it's all negotiable.

One downside is not being able to inspect all the appliances/systems before taking delivery. I don't much care about aesthetics, so only being able to get whatever interior/fabric/graphic colors that are available is fine.

Anyone have any other concerns or experience to share buying direct from inventory?

I still have used in mind, on the fence about buying new.
breeves2245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
We got one of the last if not the last lottery Escape 5.0s in Nov 2022. We did inspect the trailer in Chilliwack and took delivery in Sumas. The walk through was nice, but not necessary. We didn't have any concerns about picking up a pre-built inventory model. Aside from a poorly installed shower valve set and a faulty sail switch in the furnace, the trailer has exceeded our expectations.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Many, maybe most of us, buy our Escapes unseen other than photos or video. Most of us have no problems that a walk through would show.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
^This^

I'm among the countless who had my trailer delivered far from the factory with no possibility of a 'pre-delivery inspection'. No regrets whatsoever, for me like many the benefits far outweighed the 'risks'.