Credit if Customer Supplies Fabric? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2022, 01:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 E19
Credit if Customer Supplies Fabric?

I'm wondering if ETI provides any credit if a customer opts to send their own fabric, flooring or laminate instead of using one of the standard, ETI supplied choices that are included in the base price?
I'm guessing not.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
ETI has 'set' additional prices for using customer-furnished fabrics (it's on the 'build your ....' price list for each trailer model).

Presumably that additional cost is the net difference between 'credit' for not using their fabric + the added effort/cost of working a non-standard/customer-supplied fabric into the production process.

As always, your sales consultant can explain in detail.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I'm wondering if ETI provides any credit if a customer opts to send their own fabric, flooring or laminate instead of using one of the standard, ETI supplied choices that are included in the base price?
I'm guessing not.
I just picked my 21C up on 12/14. I ordered custom flooring and fabric and no they don’t give you any credit for not using their fabric/flooring.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #4

Trailer: waiting 21C
I really like the idea of customized everything, I've been browsing Formica, Mannington, and Sunbrella, but I think I just can't justify the additional thousand(s) it will probably cost. I guess I should do up a spreadsheet with actual numbers, but rough guess just on a sheet of Mannington, 12x13' at $5 a foot is $780, plus I imagine delivery on a roll isn't cheap, even if just across town there in Canada. So I'll probably just make do with some of the defaults. They are pretty nice, just not as interesting as I'd like. (bright blues and greens)
Mudhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhiker View Post
I really like the idea of customized everything, I've been browsing Formica, Mannington, and Sunbrella, but I think I just can't justify the additional thousand(s) it will probably cost. I guess I should do up a spreadsheet with actual numbers, but rough guess just on a sheet of Mannington, 12x13' at $5 a foot is $780, plus I imagine delivery on a roll isn't cheap, even if just across town there in Canada. So I'll probably just make do with some of the defaults. They are pretty nice, just not as interesting as I'd like. (bright blues and greens)
The only regret we had was not picking a commercial grade vinyl from Pioneer Building Supplies in Chilliwack. We only had two weeks to do the build sheet and neglected what is really your inside trailer's foundation. The stock stuff is perhaps a bit better than we got in 2014( it was way worse than our 2010 17B).

Finally replaced the floor last year with Corlon and it came out great, at $600 installed(1/2 was labor), yet had we done it in the first place that wouldn't have been nescessary. I would at least check it out to see.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
We’re going with standard flooring (shadow grey) and standard fabric (chinchilla ultra leather), so I can’t add anything to the discussion on customizing those interior options. On Formica, Escape’s current installation charge for custom Formica choices with a “-58” finish (you’ll see that on the Formica product number) is $180 usd. For an upgraded finish, there’s an added charge of $88 usd. That covers the cost of installation and the Formica itself. We thought it was well worth the cost. We were told to search the “Residential” area of the Formica website for color and finish options.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We’re going with standard flooring (shadow grey) and standard fabric (chinchilla ultra leather), so I can’t add anything to the discussion on customizing those interior options. On Formica, Escape’s current installation charge for custom Formica choices with a “-58” finish (you’ll see that on the Formica product number) is $180 usd. For an upgraded finish, there’s an added charge of $88 usd. That covers the cost of installation and the Formica itself. We thought it was well worth the cost. We were told to search the “Residential” area of the Formica website for color and finish options.

Oh, I was thinking it was $180 + buy own formica, like the fabric and flooring. So I can swing that, there are some colors that I really like.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post

And poking around, it looks like fabric might be ~5 yards. A sunbrella that I like is $54 a yard. So not bad. Just the big shocker is flooring, but I can tolerate the stock choices, and maybe splurge on formica and upholstery.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
And poking around, it looks like fabric might be ~5 yards. A sunbrella that I like is $54 a yard. So not bad. Just the big shocker is flooring, but I can tolerate the stock choices, and maybe splurge on formica and upholstery.

That's what we did way back when. We ordered our choice in formica, and picked out a fabric (a Sunbrella one), sent them to ETI, and went with the stock flooring. We have a floor runner on everything but under the dinette, so I can't tell you anymore what the flooring pattern is!!!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:26 PM   #10

I can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Sunbrella-145654-0002-Array-Calypso-54-Upholstery-Fabric_87.jpg   Sunbrella-145654-0002-Array-Calypso-54-Upholstery-Fabric_1.jpg  
Old 01-05-2022, 11:40 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Oh, I was thinking it was $180 + buy own formica, like the fabric and flooring. So I can swing that, there are some colors that I really like.
That’s what we thought too. When working on our build sheet with Melisa, we asked kind of sheepishly to clarify how customization works with Formica (assuming that we were going to be boxed in to a very limited selection). We were pleasantly surprised to hear that we wouldn’t have to purchase custom Formica ourselves. Then we found out that some of the nicer textures in the “180fx” Formica finish group were available to us too for the $88 fee, and we were very happy. Escape is truly “Built For You” as their slogan says.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Info from ETI for an E19 standard dinette requires 6 yds for a solid colour fabric and 8 yards for fabric with a pattern.
If you opt for a full wrap on the cushions it bumps the patterned fabric required to 11 yds. I assume these numbers also allow for enough material to do matching window valances.

On an ETI video it appears as if doing a full wrap on the cushions (we had been considering this option) for the standard dinette might be a waste of money in that apparently one corner of the cushions is rounded which means you can't flip the cushions over. In looking at different photos and videos this rounded corner isn't obvious but I assume it must be true.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
On an ETI video it appears as if doing a full wrap on the cushions (we had been considering this option) for the standard dinette might be a waste of money in that apparently one corner of the cushions is rounded which means you can't flip the cushions over.
Couldn't you just flip and switch sides?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Couldn't you just flip and switch sides?

Ron
I thought of that too but wondered if the zipper is then on the outside?

If that even matters!
Old 01-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #15

Actually, the zipper would be fine on the bottom cushions and they would work if flipped.
I think the problem might be with the back cushions.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:05 PM   #16

I think, even if the back cushions can't really be turned because of the shapes, having the seats flipable is probably worth the upgrade, especially as I don't think the vinyl will look good with the custom fabrics I have in mind.