My Escape 5.0 Build - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Where did you buy the sink? I was interested in a larger sink. Thanks
SherKlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
I believe it was Amazon, CA - shipping directly to ETI. Not sure how much larger it is but it fits the dimensions I was given.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:37 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Thanks. I’ll have to ask for the size allowed for a 19
SherKlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #24

Trailer: 1810 Tent
ETI told us today on our 5.0 build planning that 3 & 4 Li battery options are no longer offered because they can't fit more than 2 batteries. We wanted 3 Li batteries. I noticed they also removed the option for 3-4 Li batteries on the online build option worksheet at the website. Two weeks ago it had options for up to 4 Li batteries. I still have a copy of the worksheet we were using to build our trailer with three Li batteries selected.
Drat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
My wife and I have our build finalization
date of Feb 19. We are essentially done with our build sheet and sharing it here for any comments and feedback.

As a background, we are very limited in DIY design and execution capabilities and, therefore, our build choices include everything we might need.
  • Interior Choice: Oak
  • Standard Options:
    • Two-way Hot Water Tank (Propane & 120V)
    • Foot Flush Toilet
    • Toilet Shut Off Valve (for winterization)
    • Exterior Shower (Driver and/or Passenger Side) Double: One Each Side
    • Lithium Ion Battery (100Ah) - 4
    • Inverter 1500W (Includes transfer switch and all outlets) Note: Option requires battery selection
    • 190W Solar Panel with Charge Controller
    • Additional 190W Solar Panel
    • Zamp Solar Port wired to Regulator
    • Electrical Management System with Surge Protector
    • Removable Power Cord
    • LED Awning Light Strip
    • Upgraded Air Conditioner with Bluetooth compatibility (Coleman Mach 10 13,500 BTU) WITH Soft Start
    • Heat Strip for Air Conditioner
    • Number Pad Door Lock (includes key)
    • Tank Level Monitoring System (SeeLevel II)
    • Frameless Windows (including split-opening rear window)
    • Window in Bathroom (opening, frameless)
    • Body Lift Kit (required if truck side wall height exceeds 56")
    • Double Step Entry Step (replaces standard single step)
    • Exterior Access Hatch (rear passenger side)
    • Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adapter (low pressure)
    • Spray Foam Insulation for Under Trailer with 2 x 12V Heat Pads
    • Convert Bench Seat to U-Shaped Dinette
    • Stainless Steel Backsplash in Kitchen
    • Lagun Adjustable Swiveling Table Mount
    • Only available with U-shaped dinette
  • Customized Options:
    • Reinforced Walls -#5
    • Exterior 12V/USB Outlet (passenger side, under rear clearance light)
    • Additional 12V/USB Interior Outlet - #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
    • Additional Exterior LED Light (centered at rear of trailer, located above belly band)
    • Additional LED Captains Reading Lamp - #1, #2
    • Counter Extension - #1, #2, #3, #4
    • Retractable Wall Hooks (3 hooks per set) - #1, #2, #5, #6
    • Standard Flooring: Shadow Grey #557
    • Standard Formica: Mineral Jet #3450-58
    • Trim Choice: Black
    • Custom Fabric (Price for single fabric) Sunbrella Spotlight Flame
    • Full Wrap on Cushions (Custom fabric)
    • Graphics Colour: Dark Grey #855
    • MODIFY u-shape dinette - extend depth of rear bench by 4" increasing it from 18" to 22"
    • MODIFY cushion to fit modified u-shape dinette
    • MODIFY std table accordingly so u-shape dinette can convert to a bed
    • INCREASE thickness of back cushion for along back wall from std 2" to 4"
    • SPLIT back cushion
    • SPLIT seat cushion
    • SPLIT plywood bench seat
    • INSTALL Cx provided Nova Kool 9000U compressor fridge
    • INSTALL Cx provided Dickinson Marine 2 burner cooktop
    • INSTALL Cx provided Houzer E-100 sink
    • INSTALL electrical hatch at rear of trailer to right of spare tire
    • INSTALL 12V Camera drop - wire to rear OH clearance lights and terminate in the rear OH cabinet
    • INSTALL 12V drop coil inside PS dinette bench seat near electrical hatch (this is for the cell phone signal booster)
  • Additional Options:
    • Filled Propane Tanks
    • Water Pressure Regulator
    • Leveling Blocks (Set of 10)
    • Sewer Tube Kit (includes adapter)
    • Additional sewer tube holder (for storage purposes)
    • Sand Pads (set of 2)
    • Step Cover

We will have a 2021 F150 hybrid as our TV. It includes a 7.2 kW generator (an option). That gives us an alternative for charging the batteries in case the Sun is not kind to us or the two solar panels are not adequate for keeping the batteries charged.

We plan to add the following items aftermarket -
  • Cell phone signal booster: Still deciding between WeBoost RV65 vs. InReach.
  • Tie Down points inside the camper - to secure items we might need to carry inside the trailer while driving
  • Rear view camera: Ford. We do have trailer tow mirrors on the F150, so might be able to live without it initially
  • Trailer tire pressure monitoring system: Ford
The details are not clear yet but I understand that using the Ford camera might require a wired connection (wire across the roof). The benefit is that, in addition to the high resolution rear view available in the large display panel in the infotainment system of the truck, it integrates with Ford's systems - including the blind spot information system. The tire pressure monitoring system has lower integration requirements but it'd be good it it were integrated into the TV's system as well.

We will need but have to yet to finalize technical help to do these modifications. If someone good comes to mind in WA, OR (aside from UT), please share that (in a PM or otherwise). We could get these done as we gingerly make our way back from Sumas, WA to Salt Lake City.
JohnBFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:25 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
We have a Houzer E-100 sink that we supplied to ETI. As far as we knew, this was the largest we could fit in within the acceptable dimensions.
WooHoo! you are set then! Enjoy!

Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBFlat View Post
ETI told us today on our 5.0 build planning that 3 & 4 Li battery options are no longer offered because they can't fit more than 2 batteries. We wanted 3 Li batteries. I noticed they also removed the option for 3-4 Li batteries on the online build option worksheet at the website. Two weeks ago it had options for up to 4 Li batteries. I still have a copy of the worksheet we were using to build our trailer with three Li batteries selected.
Drat!
Interesting. I will keep my fingers crossed about not being affected.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Drat!
I'm not surprised that some of this is happening. They quickly rolled out 2021 options so that customers had a heads up and could price their trailer builds. Unfortunately this appears to have been too quick for a full vetting by engineering of each option on each model. Especially an option such as 4 lithium batteries which takes considerable space and some thoughtful wiring. The good news is that 2 lithium batteries (with much deeper discharge capabilities than lead acid) is more than enough amp-hours for most buyers.

This also does not necessarily prevent a buyer from adding add'l batteries assuming they may be able to get a little more creative with efficient use of available space.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:44 AM   #28

Trailer: Considering a Fiberglass Egg
Regarding the batteries, you might want to double check with ETI to see if they can use Go Powers 250 AH battery/ies instead of their choice of Go Powers 100 AH.
https://gpelectric.com/product-category/batteries/
Maybe they can wiggle one or two 250s instead of 3-4 100s
MZL1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #29

Trailer: 5.0 2020
Window use

Quote:
We are sort of aware of the conflict with frameless windows and manual awning... Will know more when we get the camper. Not too worried - as our awning use will likely be modest.

Tie Downs: To be honest, I was (am) going to start a thread to seek advice on this. We may want to / need to store some items (TBD) in the camper while traveling. This could be to not subtract the weight of such items from the GVWR/payload of the TV, or to keep them out of wet weather while towing. But, we would want to secure them properly. So, that's the need. I need guidance as to whether and how others are addressing it.

Another thing that I am curious about is how other owners ensure that the doors of the refrigerator and some of the cabinets stay closed during travel. I am not sure if tie downs can help here but it is a topic that is of interest. ETI does not seem to offer anything in this area.

Electric Hatch + 12V drop in Dinette: This related to the planned cell phone signal booster installation. The thought is that the cable from the external antenna enters through the hatch and the booster can be installed in underneath dinette bench - to be connected to the internal antenna in the dinette area.
Your trailer will be wonderful! The only thing that jumps out as a possible concern is your statement regarding window/manual awning issue, "awning use will likely be modest". My 5.0 build sheet was just signed off so I am not an expert but as I understand it when your awning is NOT deployed your windows can't open in that area. If you had said "our window use will likely be modest" that would make more sense to me. However the back window is unobstructed so that maybe is all you need most of the time. Again, your 5.0 sounds fabulous otherwise.
campertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:41 PM   #30

Thank you so so much for your comments. Appreciate it. Thanks for pointing it out... I had not understood that even in my first reading of your comment...
Old 01-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
That's why I have been unconcerned about the frameless window/manual awning conflict.
I believe that only the rear passenger side window is obstructed on the 5.0 versus two windows on all other models. That's a small price to pay if one likes the manual awning. Easy to justify especially with a split rear opening window and a large operable window over the galley which is standard on the 5.0.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:34 PM   #32

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
never had an issue with things falling while hauling. But if i were going to do a lot of gravel road driving i would secure my fridge door and pantry with a bungee cord. i often store a few items in my RV like my folding chair and folding kayak. I do not secure them just kind of wedge them in with a blanket or two so nothing gets scratched -no issues so far.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
never had an issue with things falling while hauling. But if i were going to do a lot of gravel road driving i would secure my fridge door and pantry with a bungee cord. i often store a few items in my RV like my folding chair and folding kayak. I do not secure them just kind of wedge them in with a blanket or two so nothing gets scratched -no issues so far.
Thanks a lot! This is definitely an area that we are looking to address - mode is TBD. I have read about using bungee cords on the board but where do you attach the ends to make that work?
Old 01-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Thanks a lot! This is definitely an area that we are looking to address - mode is TBD. I have read about using bungee cords on the board but where do you attach the ends to make that work?

On my 17B, this works. Make sure bungees have plastic, not metal ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Fridge bungee.jpg  
Old 01-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
On my 17B, this works. Make sure bungees have plastic, not metal ends.
Picture is worth a thousand words! I can now see how this works! Thank you very much! We will have to see whether our setup allows this arrangement.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Drat!
I can sadly confirm what ETI told you. They have told us the same thing...

I did ask about 250Ah Go-Pro alternative suggested by MZL1312 (Thank you very much @MZL1312). I do not have an answer as yet.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:38 PM   #37

Trailer: 1810 Tent
This is a great thought on the 250's. I have a one-on-one scheduled with Harrison on Monday & plan to discuss batteries further. He sent an email today confirming the 2 battery max Melisa mentioned yesterday. Harrison also said more than 2 batteries "use to much storage" but this issue will be solved for 2022 and up to 4 batteries will be back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZL1312 View Post
Regarding the batteries, you might want to double check with ETI to see if they can use Go Powers 250 AH battery/ies instead of their choice of Go Powers 100 AH.
https://gpelectric.com/product-category/batteries/
Maybe they can wiggle one or two 250s instead of 3-4 100s
JohnBFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_canada View Post
Hi. I had asked a few weeks ago during the configuration phase of the 21NE we are building with a completion date of April 27, 2021. Here is the exact question and the response I received:

Question: “Can you install a Dickinson 00-2BP two-burner cooktop instead of the standard one? If so, do I need to supply it?”

Response: “We are not able to do this at this time. You can request to have the standard cooktop deleted and receive a credit and install the appliance afterwards.”

I haven’t discussed it any further with them.
We are signing off on our build sheet in about 10 days, with completion in early May of our 5.0 and we are having a Dickinson 2 burner cooktop installed by ETI. We purchased from a Canadian retailer and had it delivered to ETI. We were lucky to find one a couple of months ago. Either they've changed their minds on installing this cooktop or it depends on who you are working with at ETI.
okhcolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #39

It is also possible that there are different parameters relating to E5.0 vs 21NE.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
One option I really like for the 5.0 are twin beds up front. Not sure they still do it but I would do it for sure. It’s one of those “secret” options you have to ask for..
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote