Happy Thanksgiving - be carful out there - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Happy Thanksgiving - be carful out there

Hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving. We're on our way to central Texas/Waco area with the 5.0. If you're on the road, be safe.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #2

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Great Reminder for us all!

Be Safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 09:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I'm so thankful for my 2018 Escape, a good tow vehicle, and all friends and family. And the helpful people on this forum who've assisted me for 6 years, through the ordering process and countless modification ideas.

Let's be careful out there.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:52 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday of the year. For me it's always about family and friends and being thankful and grateful.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Thanksgiving.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I’m hunkering down at home today. Even in my neck of the woods (remote Idaho), the traffic on US95, which is the main north-south route in this part of the state, is unbelievable on days like this. And everyone seems to be in a huge hurry… speed limit is 65 mph, but most folks don’t want to go that slow. And they get upset if anyone does… always a lot of tailgating, followed by the inevitable high speed pass with oncoming traffic. If one pays attention to what happens once they pass, they will see the driver usually pulls off or turns within 10 miles, no more than about 15 seconds ahead.

Is it worth it to do a dangerous pass, putting everyone’s life at risk, to save 15 seconds?? At my age, certainly not!! I’m just trying to stay alive, for as long as possible. Getting to where I’m going safely without taking unnecessary risks has become a primary goal. I just wish it hadn’t taken me so many years to figure that out. Going the speed limit or a bit under really doesn’t put you that far back on time to the arrival destination.

For anyone on the road, particularly those towing your Escape, be safe and drive defensively!! Lots of folks out there in a big hurry.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post

For anyone on the road, particularly those towing your Escape, be safe and drive defensively!! Lots of folks out there in a big hurry.
It was an E ticket ride on US84 and I20 this morning. Lots of drivers in a big hurry. So thankful we made it to Speegleville Park and are here to stay for several days.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I’m hunkering down at home today. Even in my neck of the woods (remote Idaho), the traffic on US95, which is the main north-south route in this part of the state, is unbelievable on days like this. And everyone seems to be in a huge hurry… speed limit is 65 mph, but most folks don’t want to go that slow. And they get upset if anyone does… always a lot of tailgating, followed by the inevitable high speed pass with oncoming traffic. If one pays attention to what happens once they pass, they will see the driver usually pulls off or turns within 10 miles, no more than about 15 seconds ahead.

Is it worth it to do a dangerous pass, putting everyone’s life at risk, to save 15 seconds?? At my age, certainly not!! I’m just trying to stay alive, for as long as possible. Getting to where I’m going safely without taking unnecessary risks has become a primary goal. I just wish it hadn’t taken me so many years to figure that out. Going the speed limit or a bit under really doesn’t put you that far back on time to the arrival destination.

Hi: salmo7000... Happy Thanksgiving!!! Now it's Black Friday already. We Canadians are lucky, we got it over last month, before the rush!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
I’m very thankful I’m not a turkey. I’ll be checking the internal temperature of our turkey in another hour, as we are having our ‘home’ thanksgiving dinner tonight!

Best to all!
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
I’m very thankful I’m not a turkey. I’ll be checking the internal temperature of our turkey in another hour, as we are having our ‘home’ thanksgiving dinner tonight!

Best to all!
We started camping on Thanksgiving about 10 years ago. Started a a whim when we both needed a break and now, even though we get invites by friends and family, we can’t imagine spending it any other way
Old 11-24-2023, 05:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
We started camping on Thanksgiving about 10 years ago. Started a a whim when we both needed a break and now, even though we get invites by friends and family, we can’t imagine spending it any other way
I'm doing the same..except over Christmas week. Working for Thanksgiving...
Old 11-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I'm doing the same..except over Christmas week. Working for Thanksgiving...
We are camping and visiting kids/grandkids from after Christmas to after new years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
I used to organize a motorcycle ride down the coast to camp in Los Ossos during thanksgiving weekend. The coast of California is most beautiful in the spring/fall, as there’s no or little marine layer, just lots of sun and temperate weather.

Maybe after I retire we’ll start doing a camping trip with the 5.0 down to Los Ossos again.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote