Look at em go. - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #61

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I guit imbibing 32 years ago but if I was to take it up the habit again , it would only be to for a good peaty malt scotch or a fine French Cognac.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #62

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Murry View Post
I might be wrong but I think the Propex outside mounted units don't have as much capacity as the bigger Propex units. The bigger units put out just under 10,000 BTU's so just a bit under the standard heater in the 17.
Doing all these little mods just makes it more fun in my opinion
Quote:
Hi Jim
I did confirm the outside mounted Propex has the same BTU's as the smaller Propex
HS2000 Propex 6500 BTU (Interior mount)
HS2211 Propex outside mount 6500 BTU
HS2800 9700 BTU (Interior Mount)
The HS2800 still only measures 415mm long x 210 mm deep x 120 mm high
They say they are quieter than the standard furnace, but I guess we shall see
Sean: Bear in mind the Escape furnace is 12,000 BTUH INPUT and with a pretty low efficiency only 9,120 OUTPUT. That makes the highly efficient Propex HS2800 output a bit higher than the standard Atwood Escape offers. Also bear in mind that Escape uses the same furnace for the all the trailers that only get larger. Unless you were planning on camping in seriously cold weather you could likely get by with less in a 17.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #63

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Sean: Bear in mind the Escape furnace is 12,000 BTUH INPUT and with a pretty low efficiency only 9,120 OUTPUT. That makes the highly efficient Propex HS2800 output a bit higher than the standard Atwood Escape offers. Also bear in mind that Escape uses the same furnace for the all the trailers that only get larger. Unless you were planning on camping in seriously cold weather you could likely get by with less in a 17.
Thanks for pointing this out Rubicon. I did not notice the Output BTU's on the Escape furnace. And I don't plan in camping in super cold weather. Given what Jim as said about the smaller Propex being good in a drafty trailer, the smaller unit might be more than adequate. Lower cost and less space. Nice combo.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #64

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out Rubicon. I did not notice the Output BTU's on the Escape furnace. And I don't plan in camping in super cold weather. Given what Jim as said about the smaller Propex being good in a drafty trailer, the smaller unit might be more than adequate. Lower cost and less space. Nice combo.
I installed a Propex HS2211 in our 19' and am very happy with it. Got it from Westy Ventures and he answered all my questions and gave me some good tips. It has all the heat we need and I can sleep through its cycles. And use it with Escape furnace to heat the trailer fast and dry coats etc.

I mounted it flat under the curb side dinette seat. Thermostat above my head in bed.
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #65

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I installed a Propex HS2211 in our 19' and am very happy with it. Got it from Westy Ventures and he answered all my questions and gave me some good tips. It has all the heat we need and I can sleep through its cycles. And use it with Escape furnace to heat the trailer fast and dry coats etc.

I mounted it flat under the curb side dinette seat. Thermostat above my head in bed.
There you go Sean - real world info. Did a rough calc just as a gut check. Worst case 60 BTUH/SF x 100 SF (conservative) = 6,000 BTUH. I agree the smaller Propex with 6500 BTUH output should be adequate in a 17.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:08 PM   #66

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I installed the HS2000 in my daughter's trailer, and it certainly does not take up much room at all, and is more than big enough to heat that Trillium 1300, even with the poorly sealed single pane windows. The noise comes more from the air movement blasting through the 2" outlet than it does from the fan itself. Definitely not noisier than the stock furnace.

Japanese, Irish, Bourbon, whatever! My taste buds always take me to a nice peaty Scotch from Islay though.
Bunnahabhain. Ummm . . . my favorite!
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #67

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria90 View Post
Bunnahabhain. Ummm . . . my favorite!
I have to admit to not trying Bunnahabhain. Yet another to try. Do you have a favourite of theirs?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #68

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
What is most scary to me is the apparently lack of worker safety in that video. The speed those guys are working at is a recipe for serious injuries to them, let alone making vast numbers of errors on the construction process.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
What is most scary to me is the apparently lack of worker safety in that video. The speed those guys are working at is a recipe for serious injuries to them, let alone making vast numbers of errors on the construction process.
Safety is a bit of an issue there, but I do not see the speed doing production work as being excessive, plus you know they are trying to impress for the video so customers don't think wasted time goes into the cost of the trailer.

I like how they say roof, saying the double O's as pronounced in "book", instead of like in "smooth".
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #70

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Safety is a bit of an issue there, but I do not see the speed doing production work as being excessive, plus you know they are trying to impress for the video so customers don't think wasted time goes into the cost of the trailer.

I like how they say roof, saying the double O's as pronounced in "book", instead of like in "smooth".
Well, you are still a young whipper snapper and so it doesn't look as fast to your youthful eyes. Looks too damned fast to these old ones!

Reminds me of the day I spent building Menards pole barns. The foreman was an ex-Marine drill sergeant who was paid by the job, while we were paid by the hour. Running while carrying trusses was his idea of proper work speed.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Well, you are still a young whipper snapper and so it doesn't look as fast to your youthful eyes. Looks too damned fast to these old ones!
So then, does that mean you are not coming out here to work for me?

And BTW, I will enter into the same age decade as you in a few months. Granted, I will be at the leading edge of it, instead of the tailing one.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #72

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:

Don't you mean like in "goof"
Old 09-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
Don't you mean like in "goof"
Just what are you insinuating here?

But yes, that oo sounds is the one I was referring too, and the only one I have heard used.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #74

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:
They say they are quieter than the standard furnace, but I guess we shall see

Sean, the standard furnace in my three day old 5.0 TA is amazingly quiet. I expected it to sound like the furnace on my old Bigfoot. Not! It's really quiet.
Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #75

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
Sean, the standard furnace in my three day old 5.0 TA is amazingly quiet. I expected it to sound like the furnace on my old Bigfoot. Not! It's really quiet.
Rich
The one on my 2014 is a lot quieter then the one in my old Starcraft, doesn't wake me up so I'm good.