New MS Edge AI - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2024, 05:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
New MS Edge AI

I'm going to Grand Isle LA to do some fishing and thought I would try the new AI feature (Co-Pilot) of MS Edge for some info about the state park there.

Me
tell me about camping at grand isle state park.

Copilot
Certainly! Grand Isle State Park is a picturesque destination located at the eastern tip of Grand Isle, a barrier island in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Here are some key details about this beautiful park:

Location: Grand Isle State Park is situated at 108 Admiral Craik Drive, Grand Isle, LA 703581.
Hours of Operation: The park is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily1.

Activities and Features:
Beach Ridge and Gulf Views: The park’s beach ridge, formed by the action of Gulf waves, serves as a breakwater between the Gulf of Mexico and the network of inland channels connected to bayou tributaries of the Mississippi River.

Deep-Sea Fishing: Grand Isle is a launching point for excellent deep-sea saltwater fishing adventures. Every July, the Tarpon Rodeo attracts thousands of fishing enthusiasts to these prolific waters offshore.

Surf Fishing: Speckled trout can be caught by surf fishers year-round, especially in spring and summer. Redfish also venture into the range of surf fishermen during fall and winter.

Swimming: The warm Gulf waters are perfect for swimming most of the year, and Grand Isle State Park offers an excellent location for splashing in the surf.

Birdwatching: Birding enthusiasts will delight in the beauty of the lagoons and the Gulf shore. Numerous species of birds and other wildlife inhabit this unique environment.

Camping Options:
Premium Campsites: There are 49 premium campsites with pull-through access, water, and electrical hookups. One of these sites is ADA compliant.

Rates:
Friday-Saturday: $33/night plus tax
Sunday-Thursday (April-September): $30/night plus tax
Sunday-Thursday (October-March): $25/night plus tax
Beach Tent Campsites: There are 14 beach tent campsites available for those who prefer a closer connection to nature. These sites are $18/night plus tax1.

Trails: Explore the park’s 2.5-mile nature trail while enjoying birdwatching opportunities.

Special Note on Traveling: If you’re driving southbound, remember to pay the toll to cross the bridge. You can pay in cash at the toll booth or use a GeauxPass1.

Whether you’re into fishing, birding, swimming, hiking, or simply relaxing, Grand Isle State Park offers the best of Grand Isle’s natural beauty. So pack your gear and head to the edge of Louisiana for an unforgettable experience! ������️

Me again.
I didn't copy it here but It goes on to provide a map and directions and a website link. Took about a minute.

It appears that AI is pulling some of the data word for word from the LA parks website. Makes sense.

Not bad!
Old 03-02-2024, 12:13 PM   #2

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
We camped at Grand Isle in late February 2020, right before the world got turned upside down. Cool place. We even saw some dolphins hanging out by the pier. Lot's of mosquitoes though when the wind died down in the evening.

Grand Isle got hit badly by hurricane Ida in 2021. Has the campground been rebuilt?
Old 03-02-2024, 01:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 E19
Of course, anything computer-based is only as good as the input. GIGO. Most of the time AI will yield very good results, but that might not always be the case.

I've been mulling over a trip down that way, too. Probably a bit more easterly, though... like Davis Bayou and perhaps Dauphin Island.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Of course, anything computer-based is only as good as the input. GIGO. Most of the time AI will yield very good results, but that might not always be the case.

I've been mulling over a trip down that way, too. Probably a bit more easterly, though... like Davis Bayou and perhaps Dauphin Island.
I've been to Dauphin Island twice, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The campground is right across the street from the ferry terminal. Its $6 a person on foot to ride the ferry to Ft. Morgan. You get to see dolphins and returning on the last trip of the day, a great sunset over the bay.

The Alabama Aquarium aka the Estuarium is across the street and about a block down from the campground. Further down, only about two blocks, is Ft Gaines (a city/county operated facility) and of course, Ft Morgan, a state facility.
adjacent to the campground is a 100 acre Audubon bird sanctuary with walking trails and story boards, you walk thru a gate from the campground.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Dauphin Island sunset from the ferry.jpg   Dauphin Island Audubon Bird Sanctuary map.jpg   Dauphin Island sun setting on Fred.jpg   Dauphin Island Campground.jpg