RVs you had before your Escape - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #101

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Kountry Kamper, thank you so much for that info.I always wondered about them. It seems you can get a more spacious, luxury looking trailer for the money, but now I realize why people, including my husband wanted a fiberglass!
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #102

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Hi. While waiting for our 17B (August 14) we're still be taking a few short trips in our present 11 foot Camp-Inn teardrop. Had it since 2006.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	21368

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #103

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post
Hi. While waiting for our 17B (August 14) we're still be taking a few short trips in our present 11 foot Camp-Inn teardrop. Had it since 2006.
My eventual camping buddy has a Camp-Inn and she loves it. It's a big step up from the tents she used to use and she's not ready for a built-in bathroom (yet! ). Plus she doesn't need to upgrade her tow vehicle. She went up to ETI with me when I turned in the fabric and other goodies for the build. She liked what she saw in the Escapes, but she's not ready for something quite like that yet. She quite liked the 17B.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #104

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I expect that that is Linda. Where did you get to, Linda, with that 5.0TA?? Is it the best or what?
They sold their 5.0TA to someone on the forum that was looking for one. They now have a fiberglass Class B to travel around in.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #105

Yeah, it's really nice and easy to pull. But we want to go on longer trips and my SO would like a bathroom. Way up there in the dark Canadian wilderness, them thar bars at night are getting her worried!

And it's a little tougher camping when it's cold and rainy! I'm just using her as an excuse to get a larger rig! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post
Yeah, it's really nice and easy to pull. But we want to go on longer trips and my SO would like a bathroom. Way up there in the dark Canadian wilderness, them thar bars at night are getting her worried!

And it's a little tougher camping when it's cold and rainy! I'm just using her as an excuse to get a larger rig! :-)
I like that she can shove it around in her garage without any problems. But I also like that I can stand in mine!

Hey, guess we're good for something! Just an excuse to get what YOU want!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #107

You got it! Transparent!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #108

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I'm surprised how many Aliner are on these lists! I have to say that mine has been good to me for the last 11 years. My main reasons for going to an Escape are: wanting a place to sit while the bed was down (and it was raining and the dogs were on the bed), an awning, a shower, a fridge that I don't have to get down on my hands and knees to get into, more room and A FREEZER FOR ICE CREAM!

Hmm...hadn't realized there were that many reasons!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #109

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
They sold their 5.0TA to someone on the forum that was looking for one. They now have a fiberglass Class B to travel around in.
Oh, I somehow didn't realize that it was her selling back then. Can't believe she has left Escape after all of those years ( and Escapes!). We looked at some Class Bs but they cost two or three times as much, new anyway.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #110

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I'm surprised how many Aliner are on these lists! I have to say that mine has been good to me for the last 11 years. My main reasons for going to an Escape are: wanting a place to sit while the bed was down (and it was raining and the dogs were on the bed), an awning, a shower, a fridge that I don't have to get down on my hands and knees to get into, more room and A FREEZER FOR ICE CREAM!

Hmm...hadn't realized there were that many reasons!
Yes, my Aliner has been very good to us. My main complaint was that everything was in plastic totes by activity because with a folding trailer, there is no storage above the hinge. We had to put everything away from one activity before doing another. I did equip my 2014 classic with everything, furnace, AC, fridge, micro, and the best option was the dormer over the dinette.

But is was time for an upgrade - Escape 19'. So looking forward to doing our middle of the night business indoors!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0929.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #111

It's super hard to let go of the little Camp-Inn. But this summer my nephew, a German forester, and his girlfriend came over and borrowed it for a three week jaunt all the way up to Whistler. He loved it, and I'm thinking to ship it to him in Germany. The Germans will go ape over that little trailer! Seen some good times!
Old 01-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #112

Trailer: 2012 17B
Am I the only one who is downsizing 35' Class A, 30' Class A, 25' Class C, 21' Escape, 17B Escape. And holding.... Sunshine, in my Avatar, passed last August, but 4 Little's, all 15 lbs or under, do fill the U shaped dinette nicely and they are willing to share with me.
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #113

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
For us it was many many tents. But for RVs you have to count our power assisted recumbent touring machines. Started without power assist but found we were picking tours on their flatness not where we wanted to go. Also started with panniers rather than the trailer. Denise and I put a lot of miles on recumbents touring. I fear I'm now too old to get out again, but I have hopes.

Then the $400 tent trailer we purchased specifically for a trip to Alaska. It leaked like a sieve, had many openings for mosquitoes. Went up and down pretty easily, but the add-on tarps and stake outs took some added time. No refrigerator or water system, a lot like a tent. Sold it for $400 as soon as we got back to Oregon.

Shasta was a 1955 Shasta 1500 trailer. We lovingly restored it over 4 long years. It is a beautiful trailer and it was very hard selling her. Larger kitchen than our '19 has and the birch paneling is to die for. We finally decided we couldn't reasonably keep two trailers and the bathroom in the Escape won out.

Finally Dora, our Escpae '19.

Each of these have many stories and memories connected to them. I'm sure all the RVs shown here are the same. A few of ours at Hugh Currin - Main including a build log for Shasta.

Thanks.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #114

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Chalet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Yes, my Aliner has been very good to us. My main complaint was that everything was in plastic totes by activity because with a folding trailer, there is no storage above the hinge. We had to put everything away from one activity before doing another. I did equip my 2014 classic with everything, furnace, AC, fridge, micro, and the best option was the dormer over the dinette.

But is was time for an upgrade - Escape 19'. So looking forward to doing our middle of the night business indoors!

I had a Chalet lite for 5 years, not many options but served me well for the shorter trips while still working. Towed really well with the Subaru Forrester and my best friend at the time loved it too.
Attached Thumbnails
2007  Picture 033.jpg  
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally P View Post
Am I the only one who is downsizing 35' Class A, 30' Class A, 25' Class C, 21' Escape, 17B Escape. And holding.... Sunshine, in my Avatar, passed last August, but 4 Little's, all 15 lbs or under, do fill the U shaped dinette nicely and they are willing to share with me.
Looks like it!

And if your doggies were full size you would not be downsizing at all!
Old 01-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #116

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
RV's you had before your Escape

Found some old pictures of some of the RV's we had . Starting with 1989 tent trailer , had for 4 years . Then a used 1979 21 ft motorhome we had for 12 years . Many mods and sold for more then purchased after 12 years. Then a used 1992 Summit 9 1/2 camper ,made in Ventura County by a father and son cabinet makers . Many mods also and sold when we got the new Escape . Still love campers and use of space and ease of use , costs . This was the second camper owned . Have the original brochure , thought some might be interested . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Scan 1.jpg   Scan 3.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #117

RV's you had before your Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Found some old pictures of some of the RV's we had . Starting with 1989 tent trailer , had for 4 years . Then a used 1979 21 ft motorhome we had for 12 years . Many mods and sold for more then purchased after 12 years. Then a used 1992 Summit 9 1/2 camper ,made in Ventura County by a father and son cabinet makers . Many mods also and sold when we got the new Escape . Still love campers and use of space and ease of use , costs . This was the second camper owned . Have the original brochure , thought some might be interested . Pat
2nd set of pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Scan 5.jpg   Scan 6.jpg  
Old 01-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #118

RV's yu have had before your Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
2nd set of pictures
Third set of pictures . sorry for the length of this Only way I could Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Scan.jpg   Scan 4.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #119

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Frist 2 pictures are of a 1999 Aliner Alite, pulled by a Dodge Neon. We went every where with it.
Attachment 21349

Attachment 21350
Next is a 2004 Chalet 16ft high wall. We only had it 9 months! Had so many problems that the dealer gave us what we paid for it in trade on the next one.
Attachment 21351
2005 Chalet 1930XL. 19ft, thats at the Eggshells on the XBS in 2015. We just sold it last summer.
Attachment 21352

Before that we had a couple of sears canvas tents, until 1989 when I bought a Eureaka canvas wall tent for $100.00 at a end of season sportsman fair. My son still uses it when camping with his boys.
found this picture of my 99 Aliner Alite with my pretty wife standing in the door. Had to post it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0307.jpg  
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
found this picture of my 99 Aliner Alite with my pretty wife standing in the door. Had to post it.
Those canvas tents sure held up . Ours also got handed down to the kids . Pat