This is what happens when...... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2022, 08:21 AM   #41

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Climate Good and Bad

We saw how good our 160 solar worked that we put solar on our home saves about $ 150month So bills are a fraction of what they could be. Off course it’s a long commitment. We still are hooked up to the Grid which you still have a energy bill .
I know solar and wind works but at this time it’s not going to move trucks ,ships or airplanes to market .We definitely need more research into batteries and into other alternatives moving forward.Here in SW Florida we have seen higher tides (30 year resident)and we just rebuilt our docks at our cruise club 1 foot higher to accommodate this new phenomenon It seems Summers are longer and more aggressive storms and Winters colder ? I think some of the problems are the World wants the EU ,US Canada and Australia to solve this Climate problem instead of everyone chipping in . This is just my observation of traveling the world with a major airline for 37 years .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
The Don has a point.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 AM   #43

Trailer: 2021 5.0
This climate fear has been around since I can remember, the experts would show movies in school as to how all fuel supplies would be deleted in the near future and at the same time the polar ice caps were going to gobble us all up. Then as soon as that show was over we would all do as the experts told us and took a dive under our desk as a safety drill in the event of the Russians sending a nuclear bomb over.

Technically is improving and soon energy sources will be very different from what we currently are using, I know in just the last 20 years many things have changed.

In the meantime could adults calm down so as not to create another generation of frightened depressed peanut allergy children.

All this fear reminds me of the early man fearing the eclipse, worshippers of the sun, freaking out over our shadow. I don’t think we should be listening to the druids and sacrificing children.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:16 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
This man has come up with a low tech method of carbon sequestration that has been proven to be effective. Something that should be employed along with high tech solutions for clean energy production.

Since his method does not align with the modern narrative nor does it provide a means of enrichment for large corporate or governing entities you will never hear much about him or his work in popular climate discussions.

https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savo...H203E_3ys3Fy9A
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:32 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guess I am a permafrost romantic. I’ll miss it. Celsius, Fahrenheit, it’s all the same to me. The UN Environment Program Emissions Gap report of 2021 warns ocean temperatures globally will have risen to a point where at the end of this century they will be more than five degrees higher Fahrenheit than now. With Celsius it’s lower.

Since I am nearing eighty like many Americans I won’t care about that. So good-bye glaciers, (yes I have been to Alaska) hello to the great thaw, receding coastlines, increased violent storm reports. It’s just another climate change so why worry? So what if they won’t be growing grapes in France like they used to? What’s to be scared about? By then Oregon and Alaska will have the better climate for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Aka002A.jpg  
Old 02-16-2022, 03:32 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
This man has come up with a low tech method of carbon sequestration that has been proven to be effective. Something that should be employed along with high tech solutions for clean energy production.

Since his method does not align with the modern narrative nor does it provide a means of enrichment for large corporate or governing entities you will never hear much about him or his work in popular climate discussions.

https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savo...H203E_3ys3Fy9A

Fascinating Presentation! Thanks for sharing!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote