Real time information from the road - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
BTW, if you are going out, you have to take all the precautions, cause no one else is!

No facemasks
No gloves
No disinfectant (that I could see)
No distancing

I actually had a doctor tell me this is just like the flu and we don't have to worry about it. No workers in any food mart or gas station had any masks or any protection at all. One of the few exceptions was the Escape driver!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
retired doc here..[medical, NOT political info]: Traditional quarantines were for the SICK and those at great risk for getting sick:For this corona virus THAT is: 1. old folks in rest homes, (often w OTHER serious ailments) 2. those with "immune system compromise", like cancer patients, folks on chemotherapy, Organ recipients, HIV + folks and those w other serious LUNG diseases..like TB or COPD. That about covers the field for Corona risk. IMHO those folks should have been the ones quarantined and protected. In every other flu epidemic that is what was done. So...? this time
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Keep in mind there is a whole demographic that is running around shedding virus without showing any symptoms. And they are affecting the entire range of people they come in contact to.

If you lose a loved one due to this kind of transmission, I believe it will change your entire existence. Call it what you want, 99,348 Americans are dead as of this writing, in just the last four months, and our economy has been rocked the likes of which we have not seen in a generation.

One final point, you wear masks out of courtesy for other people. It is not going to stop you from getting this virus, it may only stop you from shedding virus to an unsuspecting community some of which will not recover from this. You may not even realize you are doing this.

Respectfully.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thank you, Tim.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:44 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Mr. Hollybee's argument might hold water if he had a way to determine who really carries the virus and quarantine them. Since asymptomatic people can carry the virus it could be that 50% of the seemingly well people could carry the virus. How do you quarantine those folks, that don't even know they are carriers? The USA has less than 5% of the earths population, but about 30% of the virus cases and 25% of the earths deaths. We did something wrong!
Vietnam has 3 million people, about 350 cases of virus and 0 deaths. This was information that may be a week old so it may have changed slightly.
When you wrestle with a gorilla, you don't get to choose when the fight is over. The gorilla chooses when the fight is over. This is where we are.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:35 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
retired doc here..[medical, NOT political info]: Traditional quarantines were for the SICK and those at great risk for getting sick:For this corona virus THAT is: 1. old folks in rest homes, (often w OTHER serious ailments) 2. those with "immune system compromise", like cancer patients, folks on chemotherapy, Organ recipients, HIV + folks and those w other serious LUNG diseases..like TB or COPD. That about covers the field for Corona risk. IMHO those folks should have been the ones quarantined and protected. In every other flu epidemic that is what was done. So...? this time
Dad! When did you move to Tennessee? Dad?

(My father is a retired physician also, and pretty much agrees with you.)
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #26

Thanks sherminator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Dad! When did you move to Tennessee? Dad?

(My father is a retired physician also, and pretty much agrees with you.)
If ya want, ask yer dad to PM me sometime.
FWIW the recent report from the country of Belarus is telling..country-wide they had a 99.998% survival rate..and NO Lockdowns.
I have taken alot of flak from some folks(and that goes w the terrirotory), for trying to get the word out about the 'other side of the story' re this mess.
Sherm, I spent 40 yrs taking care of lots of often very sick folks in ERs, ICUs and ORs..4+ decades and I never heard of "quarantines" for the 328,000,000 healthy folks. We did not shut down the economy of the USA for the uuge flus in 2009 or 1968 or even 1918.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:48 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm getting really tired of this. Stop it. This forum is about Escape trailers, camping and modifications, etc. IF you can't offer anything that the virus may impact those things... and all you want to do is drone on about the virus and your opinion, take it to your Facebook page, please.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
TY, Donna.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:15 AM   #29

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm getting really tired of this. Stop it. This forum is about Escape trailers, camping and modifications, etc. IF you can't offer anything that the virus may impact those things... and all you want to do is drone on about the virus and your opinion, take it to your Facebook page, please.
Ok..ok