19' Escape with 2 dinettes. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Sometimes you need to ask your question with another person in Chilliwack, but with 4 Escapes and plenty of additional flip up tables, never an upcharge for reinforcing....... I believe they may add reinforcement where you want the bracket but it is just an extra piece of wood scrap behind the paneling, which sometimes drops and disappear if you ever remove the screws........
On edit, I see your footnote and would question it with Escape, reinforcing an entire wall for 2 screws is wasteful when a scrap during assembly would suffice.
That's really interesting. I wasn't thrilled with the additional $80 charge or the added 25lbs and wished reinforcement wasn't required. It is on the sheet they gave me so I'm guessing it's now standard but maybe waived(?). But I really love the extension there...with the outlets underneath, it's my busiest space.
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:07 AM   #22

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Quote:
Sometimes you need to ask your question with another person in Chilliwack, but with 4 Escapes and plenty of additional flip up tables, never an upcharge for reinforcing....... I believe they may add reinforcement where you want the bracket but it is just an extra piece of wood scrap behind the paneling, which sometimes drops and disappear if you ever remove the screws........
On edit, I see your footnote and would question it with Escape, reinforcing an entire wall for 2 screws is wasteful when a scrap during assembly would suffice.
This is good to know. Thanks for the comment.
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
If you want a flip table on the passenger side, you have to have the wall reinforced. The drivers side flip table at the back dinette does not need a reinforced wall but I wish I did that one. The 'wall' space is deeper and more useful (although I didn't want to keep adding weight and expense). I was going to put a wall TV mount but found a different solution for my 24" TV
I spy a couple of modifications! Black cabinet pulls and what did you to to the inserts to get that effect? I like it! Subtle!
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:24 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and no refrigerator??
Old 09-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have a 17 A with two dinettes and since the front is the same in the 19, i believe (double bed) I’ll chime in with what I did. Since most of the time I travel solo I wanted a “twin” bed and seating in the front, with the option of sleeping four at other times. I asked escape to split that table into two, I think 30 and 22 inches. The twin bed is made up against the front with the 30 inch table in place. The seat cushion to the right of the door stays put, the two seat back cushions are placed parallel to the front window with a small foam “filler” against the window to deal with the gap not filled by those two cushions.

I removed the other seat cushion and bought two outdoor chair cushions at target. One goes on the driver’s side seat and the other is the seat back for the passenger side seat. I bought a “pillow” outdoor cushion that matches and it is the backrest for the driver side seat.

Alternatively you could have the other seat cushion split in two for this same purpose. I love having Two seating places just inside the door If someone drops by for a minute...no need to get into the dinette at the back. I store my porta potty underneath. I asked for a door in the passenger side bench, which I think is standard in the 19 anyway.

I have a outside port door on the drivers side to access under the drivers side bench. The other table piece is easily deployed for making a bigger bed. It stores up against the wardrobe (bathroom) wall. Bonus, i use it as extra counter space over the stove when I have electric hook up and wont be using the gas stove. ...not sure how that would work in the 19.

I have no table mount on that front table or the floor....if you think you might use it as a table, i would recommend Lagun as anything else interrupts the smooth use of the floor under that bed.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:42 AM   #26

Trailer: 2021 21NE (due 4/20/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have a 17 A with two dinettes and since the front is the same in the 19, i believe (double bed) I’ll chime in with what I did. Since most of the time I travel solo I wanted a “twin” bed and seating in the front, with the option of sleeping four at other times. I asked escape to split that table into two, I think 30 and 22 inches. The twin bed is made up against the front with the 30 inch table in place. The seat cushion to the right of the door stays put, the two seat back cushions are placed parallel to the front window with a small foam “filler” against the window to deal with the gap not filled by those two cushions.

I removed the other seat cushion and bought two outdoor chair cushions at target. One goes on the driver’s side seat and the other is the seat back for the passenger side seat. I bought a “pillow” outdoor cushion that matches and it is the backrest for the driver side seat.

Alternatively you could have the other seat cushion split in two for this same purpose. I love having Two seating places just inside the door If someone drops by for a minute...no need to get into the dinette at the back. I store my porta potty underneath. I asked for a door in the passenger side bench, which I think is standard in the 19 anyway.

I have a outside port door on the drivers side to access under the drivers side bench. The other table piece is easily deployed for making a bigger bed. It stores up against the wardrobe (bathroom) wall. Bonus, i use it as extra counter space over the stove when I have electric hook up and wont be using the gas stove. ...not sure how that would work in the 19.

I have no table mount on that front table or the floor....if you think you might use it as a table, i would recommend Lagun as anything else interrupts the smooth use of the floor under that bed.
Wow thank you for sharing your idea. I am very interested. Can you post any pictures as it is hard for me to visualize what you are describing.
cedar688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
In this photo the extra table piece is under the left seat cushion.. Also those extra square cushions are not really firm. If they are used, a grandkid is sleeping on them so I don’t have a concern but for an adult I’d recommend having the other seat cushion that comes with the trailer split in two. Also I have a foam topper on the 30 inch single so the alternative added bed is lower and narrower. Not a worry when it’s a kid.
Attached Thumbnails
A937A2C4-D640-4864-8CEA-87A7A85199CB.jpeg   AF55ED72-13AB-4B84-A024-88782B4C1B5C.jpeg  
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
I spy a couple of modifications! Black cabinet pulls and what did you to to the inserts to get that effect? I like it! Subtle!
Yes, I spray painted the handles, hinges, and drawer pulls in black matte. Worked out great. Only took a little over a day. I took my time and did 3-5 thin layers. The 'stain glass' effect is the Home Depot decal stuff. I asked ETI not to add frost film on door or bathroom windows. I'm going to add some of those tiny battery lights for back lighting to spruce up a gray winter day here in the PNW.

So sorry...I don't know how to rotate images.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9808.jpg   IMG_3371.jpg   IMG_5182.jpg   62188292955__512F5457-C2E1-490E-86F6-B2960240C00C.jpg  
Old 09-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #29

Quote:
and no refrigerator??
I plan on installing a Nova Kool but haven't done it yet. ETI did a custom cut. The first RV shop I checked with was going to add > 25% mark up on the refrigerator so I'm holding off just yet. That means 25% plus what I can get it for directly....I don't know what his cost would've been from the distributor but I know it was less. They won't install it if I order it and bring it in. I'm new to RVs so I thought their labor fee of $130/hr was enough income for an install like that, but I guess not. I was also having them do modifications to the cabinet space. I think I can do most of it myself, but not sure about the DC hook up part.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #30

I LOVE it!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the pictures. I would like to do something like this. I am also getting the cot option for when grandkids join me; hoping the cot would fit above the twin bed in such a way that two could sleep comfortably. Great pictures. Very cute.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #31

allswell I love it. I am going to copy you I think! So so pretty and unique
Old 09-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar688 View Post
Jackie I love it. I am going to copy you I think! So so pretty and unique
Thanks cedar688. It's easy to spend way too much time coming up with ideas when waiting for your build. Some of the work out and some don't. : )
Old 07-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #33

Trailer: 2022 E19
Full size queen up front in a 21NE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
SilverSlim - I have a twin dinette 21NE. I got it that way with the idea of turning the front dinette into a permanent bed. The advantages of that configuration, in my mind, are that:
  • there is more open space on the side, making it easier to get in & out
  • it gives a huge dinette area in the back, where there is usually a better view in the places I camp
  • the open space under the front bed will have no doors - it will be open, making access easier.
Of course, my trailer is on the delivery truck now, so I haven't even seen it, much less used it, and the permanent bed conversion is well in the future. I want to see how it works for me as delivered first.

Highly likely I will go with the twin dinette approach on a 21NE built.

Any related suggestions appreciated.

Will a full size queen mattress fit up front if I want to go "semi-permanent" for such? (leave front cushions at home) "Configurator" PDF shows 59"x80" for the 21NE front dinette area. Prefer the front as a bed for better access and away from the stovetop / sink. Also having a stable table for kitchen prep in the rear dinette would be great.

Likely to go Springfield in the rear as I will use that for more of a table / workarea, with a Lagun up front as the Lagun appears to "get out of the way" better for lounging...........?

Maybe get some front area filler boards (3rds) as well?

Appears the rear dinette has to have a raised floor.....?

Thoughts?
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:13 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 19" Escape
We purchased a used 2017 19 with two dinettes at this point we are using it with a queen bed set up. But it is nice to have options if we want to do some thing different down the road.
lonewolfjb is offline   Reply With Quote