1st Official Waxing of our New 21C - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We are on the other end of waxing. Wash it, wipe it down with 303 UV protector when dry and call it good. It’s not going to sit long between uses anyway. Do the same with the boat.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:27 PM   #22

Trailer: WTB: E19
I don't know for certain, as I have never used floor wax on my fiberglass trailers but......I have read that they yellow after a few years and need to be stripped. I have also heard that the roof area may peel.

I know Iowa Dave uses Rejex and has had good results.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...All%20Products
Old 04-09-2023, 05:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Ask a dozen people you'll get a dozen different answers. That and some of them won't remember after their 8th beer or so.

Yuengling used to be brewed here. The claim is that its the oldest brewery in the US of A. 1828. I don't care for it but its on tap in every pub in town to be sure.
Just bought a 12 pack, had to google it.
Stellas is also part of the no fly list…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 07:47 PM   #24

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Ask a dozen people you'll get a dozen different answers. That and some of them won't remember after their 8th beer or so.

Yuengling used to be brewed here. The claim is that its the oldest brewery in the US of A. 1828. I don't care for it but its on tap in every pub in town to be sure.
Isn't Rolling Rock from your parts?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:48 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Isn't Rolling Rock from your parts?
So, I learned to drink beer in Germany. Still prefer German beer. A few decades ago, one of my Credit Union directors back in Madison WI told me that if I ever went anywhere near Pennsylvania, I really should try Rolling Rock beer.

A few months later, I went to a conference in DC. Went out for dinner and found that they had Rolling Rock, so I ordered one. I thought it was awful.

Next time I saw that director, I told him I tried Rolling Rock and did NOT like it. He said “well, I just said you should try it. Never said it was good!”

Never trusted that guy again.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:09 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We’ve had excellent results with Rejex as a polymer polish. We had Yuenglimg at my younger daughter’s wedding at Hilton Head . I like several domestic beers and some European issues too. Today, it was a couple brews from the Toppling Goliath brewery near Decorah Iowa. I used to claim I only drank two kinds of beer, cold and free. And I only drink two, the first one and the last one. Had a fine Easter dinner at my son’s home today. Tomorrow night a performance by all state speech winners at my Grandson’s High School.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-09-2023, 10:23 PM   #27

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
I'd like to weigh in here. You don't really need to use a random orbital machine for waxing. Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is a wipe on wipe off product. Some people prefer to use Mequiar's marine wax version. I suspect they are made in the same vat. I use my random orbital machine if I have to get aggressive. Aggressive like in using a compound in order to deal with oxidation, bugs, crap from trees, and road stuff. I pick pads based on the need...
Thank you for posting this! Proper cleaning followed by wipe-on, wipe-off (no buffing) is my kind of product! Since the previous owner of my 19 said he was waxing it annually (and it came with a nice shine as evidence), continuing with a no-buff wax sounds like the sensible way to go. I am definitely not into long, drawn-out polishing jobs. (I like to joke that I usually wash my SUV once per year whether it needs it or not but really it's a tad more often than that... just a tad! )
Old 04-09-2023, 11:31 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
I've never really felt the need to buff or apply a polishing compound to my trailer. So far just a good washing and a hand waxing with Maguiar's Flagship Marine Wax has kept the outside of the trailer looking pretty good.

Can you spot the Escape trailer in this picture:
Attached Thumbnails
shine.jpg  
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:03 AM   #29

Trailer: 2012 E19
Camouflage!
Old 04-10-2023, 10:38 AM   #30

Trailer: 2020 E21C
My other "trailer" is a 1946 all aluminum model. The process for this one is not merely an apply and wipe off operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Cessna 120 at Beaumont.jpg  
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 10:58 AM   #31

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE & RAM 2500
Do not wax any decals. Will cause them to fade and crack.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 11:11 AM   #32

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Thank you for posting this! Proper cleaning followed by wipe-on, wipe-off (no buffing) is my kind of product! Since the previous owner of my 19 said he was waxing it annually (and it came with a nice shine as evidence), continuing with a no-buff wax sounds like the sensible way to go. I am definitely not into long, drawn-out polishing jobs. (I like to joke that I usually wash my SUV once per year whether it needs it or not but really it's a tad more often than that... just a tad! )
My experience is that when things are easier I end up doing them more often. Setting up my large telescope for a night of observing takes a lot of energy. Therefore I don't set it up as often as I could even when the conditions are right. My smaller 8" telescope is a cinch to set up. I'm usually in business within 10 minutes.

The same could be said for this wipe on wipe of wax. Reaching to the center of the top of the trailer can be a pain. That's a given. But at least with this product you don't have to put any elbow grease into the application.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 11:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
My other "trailer" is a 1946 all aluminum model. The process for this one is not merely an apply and wipe off operation.
No doubt! Are you using a buffer in order to deal with the oxidation?
Old 04-12-2023, 11:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlakeman View Post
I have not had any problems using a buffer or hand waxing over the decals.
Old 04-12-2023, 12:59 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlakeman View Post
Laudy, where did you read that wrong information? I have a 1988 16' Scamp that I've owned since 2002 and have always waxed the decals. They look great! So do the ones on my 2014 Escape 5.0TA. No one has time to wax around all those decals. Just wax on wax off!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:28 PM   #36

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I’m just trying to get the energy up to wash the winter off my escape it’s alway rainy and I’ve been waiting for a slightly warmer dry day ?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:02 PM   #37

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
There might be some “shine your trailer up” compounds that would do a job on decals. I’ve not experienced them. I wouldn’t use anything that’s not specifically sold for fiberglass boats, fiberglass cars,
fighter jets and nice cars. I haven’t used floor wax on anything but recreation center floors. I do not complain about the price of something I only need a couple times a year, especially if it’s American made, if I can afford it, and if I’ve discussed it’s use with someone I felt was knowledgeable and has some viewable results I can look at in person.
Probably just me, your waxing technique and products may vary.

We use Rejex products. Easy on easy off. Shiny, lasts at least a year, does not wash off when we use Meguiars Gold car wash as directed. The slicker the surface, the better the bugs wash off with very warm water.

My dad would line me up with regular filling station customers especially in the spring and fall to put a Blue Coral wax job on the those big GM,
Ford and Chrysler corporation sedans and station wagons. I was about 14 and I would take the whole day on a Sunday to wash, wax, detail and make those big automobiles look like something when they went down the avenue towards Bohemie Town. Always felt good to have some dollars in my pocket.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-17-2023, 11:08 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 5.0 (Dec ‘21)
Quote:
I'd like to weigh in here. You don't really need to use a random orbital machine for waxing. Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is a wipe on wipe off product. Some people prefer to use Mequiar's marine wax version. I suspect they are made in the same vat.
Our first time to wax our 5.0 also. How many 16-oz. bottles of either Meguiar’s will I need to buy? Thanks!

Duane
WannaBeEscaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 04:00 AM   #39

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I used half of a 32 oz bottle. Keep in mind I did not do the top
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:09 AM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Our Escape is sitting under a canopy, so doesn't get too much sun. It was pretty shiny when we got it a year ago. So far we have washed it once with Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax ('Heavy-duty concentrated'). Seemed to work OK, and was fairly easy; cleaned off the bugs. Looks like we've got a lifetime supply in the jug. Anyone know if that's good enough, or do I need to think about real waxing?

That Rejex stuff that Dave uses sounds fairly easy. I've never spent any time waxing vehicles.