2023 Pricing - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #161
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I won’t berate Escape for making money in a market that has been strong for them. Those of us who bought back in original pre corporate ownership had the luxury of an outstanding value, especially the pricing being in Canadian dollars. They are very good trailers, but now not the outstanding value they once were. For a lot of people they are now unaffordable, which is unfortunate given what else is out there. We could afford a 23, but it’s been too long of a wait.
I don't know how much profit Escape makes on a given unit, but given the astounding escalation of material costs in the past year, I'd be surprised if it were any more than earlier, and given the uncertainties it could conceivably be less.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:58 PM   #162

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
You certainly may be right, but business has been hot for 2 years now. Even if they had initially gotten a second 5.0 mold in that first year, it would have been well worth their money since so many additional units would have been available in a very hot market. I’m unsure about mold lead time, so I can’t comment on that, but hard to believe it would more than several months to a year. If we look ahead to the folks who are planning on a picking up a 5.0 in two years, many of them will back out if the economy does tank, as so many are predicting. Those are all units that could have been sold much earlier if they had a second mold. Nothing is written in stone and the predicted collapse may never happen or be mild enough that people continue to buy RV’s. No one really knows and everyone has an opinion, for sure.
If you go back on Escapes Q&A videos maybe 2 years or so Karl explains why a second mold for the 5th wheel would not expedite deliveries. It's the time to build them is the lead time on delivery not the number of shells they can produce. Just saying what he said not knowing anything about their thru put times
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 07:56 PM   #163

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
I don't know how much profit Escape makes on a given unit, but given the astounding escalation of material costs in the past year, I'd be surprised if it were any more than earlier, and given the uncertainties it could conceivably be less.
Seriously, I just picked up a carry out meal that was $12 a year ago-$17 today.
I can’t understand the hand wringing going on over Escape prices increasing when EVERYTHING else has gone thru the roof.

As far as putting Escape down while going on about a competitor’s product, not sure I get the motivation. I drive a certain brand of TV and wouldn’t go near a popular choice on here, but I don’t go on about it much less keep hammering that same nail.

Two years ago I bet good money this was going to happen to the economy, only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:09 PM   #164

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Back in the day I used to do some trap shooting. I won some shoots against guys with very expensive shotguns. I lost some shoots to guys with beat up bad looking common pump guns.
I have long made it my policy not to knock other peoples equipment or question why they bought what they have.

Personally, I need to be satisfied with what I have. Whatever I own needs not to let me down over a couple of times and if it does I get rid of it and get something else. I inherited this philosophy from my dad. Once he found something he liked he stayed with it, even if there were “better” products out there. I’ve always researched what I’m buying and have a number of tools, knives, fishing reels etc, that I’ve owned for 50 plus years. Still work well and “get the job done.” Some are retired treasures with great memories.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-15-2022, 11:03 PM   #165

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post

As far as putting Escape down while going on about a competitor’s product, not sure I get the motivation. I drive a certain brand of TV and wouldn’t go near a popular choice on here, but I don’t go on about it much less keep hammering that same nail.

Two years ago I bet good money this was going to happen to the economy, only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised.
Who’s putting Escape down? People on a forum are free to voice their satisfaction or their critiques of the product. That’s what an open forum is for. Some people have had legitimate issues and by discussing them here they may help others. Discussing competitors products is what makes free enterprise work. I think everyone can agree no product will ever get 100% good reviews. So I’m not sure what your complaint is? Is this a forum where everyone is expected to tow the party line and and fawn over all Escape products and business practices? Free speech is a real thing. If I found a 5.0 that I felt was within a reasonable cost for the product being manufactured, I think I would snap one up. I’m glad your able to predict the future two years ahead of time. I wish I could do the same.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:23 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
Who’s putting Escape down? People on a forum are free to voice their satisfaction or their critiques of the product. That’s what an open forum is for. Some people have had legitimate issues and by discussing them here they may help others. Discussing competitors products is what makes free enterprise work. I think everyone can agree no product will ever get 100% good reviews. So I’m not sure what your complaint is? Is this a forum where everyone is expected to tow the party line and and fawn over all Escape products and business practices? Free speech is a real thing. If I found a 5.0 that I felt was within a reasonable cost for the product being manufactured, I think I would snap one up. I’m glad your able to predict the future two years ahead of time. I wish I could do the same.
Thanks, predicting this economy has been very helpful. I realize I can’t control it all and then without anger I act on what I see.

A Escape camper is a material good, if your not able to pay what the company ask, move on. But remember you will soon be paying even more for a used Escape, look at the used car market. Great resale is just one of the things that helped in my choice. Living within, actually way below my means is how I got to the point of being able to purchase an Escape. Could be that’s why I don’t relate to the entitlement turned to despair some are feeling.

I am personally raising the hell outa the product I provide and those who don’t understand what is happening in the world, or want to cry like babies about it are free to move on. Waters are definitely rough for all right now, but I alone know the bottom line of my product and what is needed for the boat to continue to float.

This is a site specifically for Escape owners and those interested in purchasing an Escape. Helpful troubleshooting, pointing out flaws so as to help owners and the manufacturer makes this site what it is.

But I don’t see the need or benefit on a site setup for Escape for some to continually harp about the benefits of buying a different product. I don’t see that being of any help to Escape owners. We all get it, there are other brands out there.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #167

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Seriously, I just picked up a carry out meal that was $12 a year ago-$17 today.
I can’t understand the hand wringing going on over Escape prices increasing when EVERYTHING else has gone thru the roof.

We were at the edge of our money at $31,647 US ($41,100 at a .77 exchage rate) when we paid in October, 2018 for our 5.0. Plus, when we paid the Dow was dropping and at around 24,500.

At 73, I must be much older than whose who are complaining. For example, in the early 80's one year we had 13% interest on our $20,000 home loan we could barely afford, the average cost of a car was around $7,000, and $.90 for a gallon of gas. In 2000, I was teaching inflation to high schoolers, a Whopper Jr. Value Meal was 99 cents. Inflation is real folks, and over time will never go away.

We love our 5.0 (with 15 previous campers was the first new camper ever bought), and would probably buy another today. Do you think we could get $32,000 for our massively improved 5.0 today? In a heartbeat!

Except for one car and a home loan at any one time, we've never had another loan. NEVER! Our credit cards are always paid EVERY month. The condo is fully paid and our F150 has a year to go. It's simple, if you can't afford something don't buy it.

Like Ooshkaboo said, "only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised."

No complaints here,

Perry
Old 10-16-2022, 10:15 AM   #168

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Thanks, predicting this economy has been very helpful. I realize I can’t control it all and then without anger I act on what I see.

A Escape camper is a material good, if your not able to pay what the company ask, move on. But remember you will soon be paying even more for a used Escape, look at the used car market. Great resale is just one of the things that helped in my choice. Living within, actually way below my means is how I got to the point of being able to purchase an Escape. Could be that’s why I don’t relate to the entitlement turned to despair some are feeling.

I am personally raising the hell outa the product I provide and those who don’t understand what is happening in the world, or want to cry like babies about it are free to move on. Waters are definitely rough for all right now, but I alone know the bottom line of my product and what is needed for the boat to continue to float.

This is a site specifically for Escape owners and those interested in purchasing an Escape. Helpful troubleshooting, pointing out flaws so as to help owners and the manufacturer makes this site what it is.

But I don’t see the need or benefit on a site setup for Escape for some to continually harp about the benefits of buying a different product. I don’t see that being of any help to Escape owners. We all get it, there are other brands out there.
Well, there’s a lot of judgement and assumption and name calling in your comment. I do believe the thread is entitled “2023 Pricing” so I think opinions about pricing, mine or yours, are in the right thread. I think you forgot to act “without anger” to my post. The forum can boot me out if they like. I don’t own an Escape, but was planning on purchasing one. If being an owner is the passport to being in this club, I’m sure they will tell me. I regularly read this PUBLIC forum because there’s a lot of good information posted by owners who provide sound advice. There’s also a lot of meaningless hot air. I tend to skip over those posters, but there are some very experienced folks here who I like learning from. I suggest you skip over my posts if you find them unpalatable. In the meantime, happy camping!
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #169

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:

That last time I checked you do not own the site , your opinion is just one and your hostility has been noted more than once.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:28 PM   #170

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Moderator ?

Probably a good time for the moderator to step in on this downward spiral post.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:37 PM   #171

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
I always wanted to witness a down spiraling action. Moderators: Go!
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #172

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Gimme a break; what Community Rules have been broken now? People are too sensitive; this thread is lightweight and it is good for people to get feedback on their posts IMO.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:30 PM   #173

Quote:
As Nellie from the STL say—It’s gettin hot n har…
Old 10-16-2022, 08:32 PM   #174

Trailer: 21
Time to go n sit by the camp fire with a beer n good cigar
Old 10-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #175
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
If you see a post that you think violates forum rules, then by all means report it. We will always take a look at reported posts, and determine if 1)any forum rule was violated and 2)what actions if any are appropriate.

Asking for moderator intervention within a thread isn't the best way because although we do monitor the forum we sometimes do not read through every thread. Reporting helps us focus on potential problem areas.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #176

Trailer: 2020 Just Looking
I'm out as well for now

I'm a long term lurker with a plan to buy in a few years. Doesn't look like that is going to happen due to the increases. I have a vague hope that I'll get a good deal on used or that Escape will now have room on the lower end to offer a shorter (15 foot range) trailer at what will now seem a more reasonable price. There was talk in an update video from a long time ago that a shorter trailer was the next project after the 23 was done. If that doesn't work out I'll go used fiberglass or convert a cargo trailer. I just can't see spending a lot of money on a stick-built trailer given how quality has reportedly gone downhill.
professorJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 01:10 PM   #177

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember Tammy/Reace explaining why the smaller units were proportionately more expensive than the larger units as to the effort to place everything inside where it can be used...
Old 10-18-2022, 10:36 PM   #178

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Dollar is now at 20 year high- and $1 = $1.37 CAD.

There has to be some opportunity out there for U.S. buyers besides buying used from a Canadian owner.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:57 PM   #179

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorJ View Post
I'm a long term lurker with a plan to buy in a few years. Doesn't look like that is going to happen due to the increases. I have a vague hope that I'll get a good deal on used or that Escape will now have room on the lower end to offer a shorter (15 foot range) trailer at what will now seem a more reasonable price. There was talk in an update video from a long time ago that a shorter trailer was the next project after the 23 was done. If that doesn't work out I'll go used fiberglass or convert a cargo trailer. I just can't see spending a lot of money on a stick-built trailer given how quality has reportedly gone downhill.
Thank you for restoring civility to this thread that had gone off-track. There is good-looking Escape 15, used, at a very good price under $20k seen today in this forum, in Wisconsin.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:50 PM   #180

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
There is good-looking Escape 15, used, at a very good price under $20k seen today in this forum, in Wisconsin.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post432694