Anyone "bake" on their cooktop? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 17B, July 2019
We have roasted and baked with our Weber 2200 Q bbq using a small pan and rack to lift the baking pan off the cast iron grates. Many YouTube videos demonstrate baking pies, bread etc

The Australian Weber cook books for these popular camping bbq include instructions and recipes for baking desserts. They can be accessed on line.

Here is a link on the technique
https://youtu.be/FLj79-GsGc0

Bob
Lanark Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #42

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 4500, 2019 Escape 19'er completed 8/2019
We have one that we have only used five or six times, but I really like it. A medium flame and a little longer baking time than your recipe calls for seem to be the tricks. There is a Facebook group called “omnia stovetop oven cooking” where people share recipes and photographs.
MTSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:38 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
the5reeds, I'm also interested in how you used your blackstone to bake. I was thinking of trying a rack on top of the griddle to hold a pan for biscuits or brownies. I'm camping in the eastern Sierras next week; maybe I'll give it a try.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:59 AM   #44

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrewer View Post
I’ve made biscuits, bread, and cake in the Omnia. It takes a little figuring out but it is nice for cool weather camping when you don’t mind running the stove. It was perfect for one of the crescent roll appetizer ring recipes - I made that for a pot luck. They’re fun.
I was not aware such a thing was available. Bet it would be perfect for biscuits. I have a great recipe for biscuits .

I only peel the label back I/2 turn before I smack it on the counter. Comes out perfect!
Old 07-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I use my Omnia for muffins, rolls, fries, casseroles, anything I bake at home. Takes a little longer but we have had tasty results. I added a BBQ thermometer in one of the holes, always preheat the base. I use it on both my propane stove and electric coil burner.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote