Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area anyone? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area anyone?

Hello, we are looking into purchasing a camper and I think we have it narrowed down to an Escape! I would really like to see one locally with my wife before pulling the trigger on one and taking that step. Are there any members on this site in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area that own an Escape and would not mind showing it off for 15-20 min? We would not take up much of your time. Thanks to all in advance!

Hoping to stay on the USA Side of the border….
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suregrip391 View Post
Hello, we are looking into purchasing a camper and I think we have it narrowed down to an Escape! I would really like to see one locally with my wife before pulling the trigger on one and taking that step. Are there any members on this site in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area that own an Escape and would not mind showing it off for 15-20 min? We would not take up much of your time. Thanks to all in advance!

Hoping to stay on the USA Side of the border….
We have an 2020 Escape 21 Classic and are about 1.5 hours SE of you (Near Letchworth park), if you are interested.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 94 sportmobile, 70' travco, 86' u haul, 13' escape 19'
Possibly heading[ to Jamestown around the end of the month if that helps.
raydsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
We have a 2017 Escape 21 classic near Jamestown, NY. We would be happy to show our trailer if our schedules allow.
Peter Styer
Frewsburg, NY
(716) 569-57O9
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #5

Wow, thank you everyone…now who is selling theirs? ! Lol…… just kidding. Very generous of all of you.

tburt….. my wife and I own some land in Allen NY. Approx 25 minutes away. Maybe the next time we head down that way we can make contact and make it a longer trip and find you.

raydsimmons……are you coming from farther away and just visiting/staying in Jamestown?

pstyer……My wife has an aunt that lives on the Allegany River in Warren. We pass through Jamestown a couple of times a year. Maybe next time down we can make contact……

We owned a stick type camper with slide outs but the roof separated from the back rear wall, Rain water got in and rotted the floor. I would really like to invest in a camper that will not do this. The only way water can get into these Escapes is (if I’m understanding correctly) a roof penetration or perhaps something on the sides like a license plate bracket if not sealed properly? I read someone on this site had that problem. Lastly, how good are the hot water heaters on these? Probably can’t take a decent 10-15 minute shower like at home, what’s realistic for two adults? 2 minutes each?

Thanks everyone!!

A.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
We owned a stick type camper with slide outs but the roof separated from the back rear wall, Rain water got in and rotted the floor. I would really like to invest in a camper that will not do this. The only way water can get into these Escapes is (if I’m understanding correctly) a roof penetration or perhaps something on the sides like a license plate bracket if not sealed properly? I read someone on this site had that problem. Lastly, how good are the hot water heaters on these? Probably can’t take a decent 10-15 minute shower like at home, what’s realistic for two adults? 2 minutes each?

A.
We also had a stick type trailer that did the same thing, so I feel your pain. We knew nothing about fiberglass campers when we discovered Escape, and are thrilled with our 5.0. The way Escape builds their shells it is literally a one piece fiberglass enclosure - potentially you could get a minor roof leak from any penetrations for vents, pipes, etc. but it is easy to inspect and maintain the caulking. And if you ever do see a leak, you will see it inside the trailer - no stealth leaks rotting the wood framing of the walls like a stick trailer.

As for the hot water heaters, Escape uses the same Suburban 6 gallon hot water heater that many other RV manufacturers use. If you are in a campground with full hookups you can take a good long shower and not run out of hot water. When dry camping your water usage will depend on the size of your gray and fresh water tanks and how long until you can replenish/dump just like any other trailer, but dry camping generally means taking very short showers.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:39 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: davidmurphy02... In my world "Dry camping = Dry cleaning". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:31 PM   #8

davidmurphy02….Thanks for responding with the info! I appreciate that. We do like the 5.0 as well but would consider a bumper pull…..

Alf offered to show us his setup (Thanks again very much Alf and Stacey!) but trying to get tested and make our way into Canada might not happen. Depends on work and scheduling etc….my and I sometimes have hectic schedules….thus we need a camper to get away time to time! Ha!
Old 09-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
davidmurphy02….Thanks for responding with the info! I appreciate that. We do like the 5.0 as well but would consider a bumper pull…..

Alf offered to show us his setup (Thanks again very much Alf and Stacey!) but trying to get tested and make our way into Canada might not happen. Depends on work and scheduling etc….my and I sometimes have hectic schedules….thus we need a camper to get away time to time! Ha!
Hi: Suregrip391... Alf Stacey are one and the same. Mary Anne is the better half. It's real tough having a last name that could be a first!!! I really did want to name our daughter Stacey Stacey... but sanity prevailed. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #10

Alf….I’m soooooooooo sorry! Stacy Stacy would have been a good one!! Your wife would have smacked you silly I bet….mine would have! Love the sence of humor..haha

ooh! Hi Mary!
Old 09-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Look at a 21C

Quote:
tburt….. my wife and I own some land in Allen NY. Approx 25 minutes away. Maybe the next time we head down that way we can make contact and make it a longer trip and find you. A.
Send me a message when you come down, we are in Dalton, which is just a town and a half from Allen.

Tom Burt
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
Send me a message when you come down, we are in Dalton, which is just a town and a half from Allen.

Tom Burt
Will do, we need to get that way and cut the grass one final time before winter….. thanks for the offer!
Old 09-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Suregrip391... Alf Stacey are one and the same. Mary Anne is the better half. It's real tough having a last name that could be a first!!! I really did want to name our daughter Stacey Stacey... but sanity prevailed. Alf
It's not unheard of Alf, I once had a driver who worked for me named Gordon Gordon
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #14

I just wanted to thank Peter and his wife Nancy ( pstyer on this forum) for stopping in Buffalo NY on their way home from the Wine Escape in Canada today. They offered to show us their beautiful 21 Classic. We had a nice chat as we looked around the trailer. Very thankful…..thanks again guys!

If anyone has a 5.0 in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area, and are willing to show it off for 15-20 minutes we would be very appreciative of the opportunity. We may have to go this route for a little extra headroom as I’m 6’2” and the 21 C was a bit close. Even if your an hour or so away, keep me posted! Will travel.

Thanks again to this awesome forum.