Dry CaMPING AND gENERATORS~ - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 RPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I love the sound of solar in the morning , that's why I bought and use a solar panel.
The difference between a diesel truck and a generator is that most people don't set up camp and then let their diesel vehicle run / idle continuously for the next 48 or 72 hours .

Best Wishes
Can one have both, Gen back up to solar? for cloudy days? or is this too much of an expense?
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #42

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
Can one have both, Gen back up to solar? for cloudy days? or is this too much of an expense?
You can do whatever you please as long as your actions do not adversely affect others . Whether it is too expensive for you ,I have no idea . For me a generator at any price is an expense I do not wish to incur. I would much rather listen to the sound of children playing or Jim Bennett singing than the constant droan of a generator but I am only speaking for myself.

Some find generators as a source of power , while others find them a source of irritation . I am in the later group .

Amen
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I would much rather listen to the sound of children playing than the constant droan of a generator....
Or me singing, right Steve?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #44

Quote:
You can do whatever you please as long as your actions do not adversely affect others . Whether it is too expensive for you ,I have no idea . For me a generator at any price is an expense I do not wish to incur. I would much rather listen to the sound of children playing than the constant droan of a generator but I am only speaking for myself.

Some find generators as a source of power , while others find them a source of irritation . I am in the later group .

Amen
Steve D
Ahh makes sense!
Old 04-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #45

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
19vs21

I thought the 19 would be Great but after seeing the 2of them the 21had more width and I liked the bed getting in and out of at night if you option the 19like the 21it was only $1500 more for 21 Also more counter space and bigger dinette The 21weighs only 400 more pounds so trailering is the same Good luck in your decision. Jim (jennykatz)
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hummmm.... there's been more owners of 19' that moved up to the 21' than there's been 21' owners moving back to a 19' (JIM... you don't count )

Ask why....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummmm.... there's been more owners of 19' that moved up to the 21' than there's been 21' owners moving back to a 19' (JIM... you don't count )

Ask why....
Most of them bought the 19 before there was a 21.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Most of them bought the 19 before there was a 21.
Yes they did. But once they bought the 21' how many moved back to a 19'? And we know folks that have purchased multiple ETI builds (JIM.. you don't count! )

The 21' has now been out since Summer 2013. Delivery in early Fall 2013. Do some research for when the sales of 19' dropped off and the 21' surged.

Ask why...
Old 04-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Of course then there are those of us who run a generator every few days to charge the boat electric motor battery (12 V) and the trailer at the same time. In fishing campgrounds it is common.
Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Yes they did. But once they bought the 21' how many moved back to a 19'? And we know folks that have purchased multiple ETI builds (JIM.. you don't count! )

The 21' has now been out since Summer 2013. Delivery in early Fall 2013. Do some research for when the sales of 19' dropped off and the 21' surged.

Ask why...
So the 21' is more spacious?

Wider too overall?

How do you all like the bed situation up front though, by the dinette?
Old 04-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
You can do whatever you please as long as your actions do not adversely affect others . Whether it is too expensive for you ,I have no idea . For me a generator at any price is an expense I do not wish to incur. I would much rather listen to the sound of children playing or Jim Bennett singing than the constant droan of a generator but I am only speaking for myself.

Amen
Steve D

I am a pragmatist, so I view generators as a source of power as well as a source of irritation. Moral of the story......a third group is needed here.

Quote:

Ask why....
But how many 5.0 or 5.0TA owners have opted to go to a bumper pull?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:

Wider too overall?

How do you all like the bed situation up front though, by the dinette?
I thought long and hard between the 21 and the 5.0 TA. I love the bathroom size on the 21 and would happily take a 5.0 TA with a bigger bathroom, giving up some cabinet space but that isn't possible. I opted to remove the sink though and ordered a 5.0 TA.

The bed on the 21 is pretty good and the head of the bed is in a dark corner so there is privacy and some have said that since you can sleep next to the walls it seems almost as large as a queen.

Still I have a long wheel base recumbent bicycle (RANS Stratus IV) and a regular bike so fitting them in the truck and/or 5.0 TA will be a challenge.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #53

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Yes this has been a hard decision for me but finally ordered the 5.0. It's hard for me because I didn't want a pick up truck. But I loved the floor plan and I'm hoping it's easier to hook up then a bumper pull ? It looks easier. I also like hauling a goose neck better then a bumper pull horse trailer so I'm hoping it's the same with a 5th wheel.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:15 AM   #54

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:

Wider too overall?
The 21' and 5.0TA are 4" wider than the 19', and the 19' is 4" wider than the original-width models (17', and the discontinued models: 5.0, 15', and13').
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:22 AM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Yes this has been a hard decision for me but finally ordered the 5.0. It's hard for me because I didn't want a pick up truck. But I loved the floor plan and I'm hoping it's easier to hook up then a bumper pull ? It looks easier. I also like hauling a goose neck better then a bumper pull horse trailer so I'm hoping it's the same with a 5th wheel.
My decision to buy a 5.0TA over the 21' was strictly based on the layout. Two feet more of interior space. While the 19' is a great trailer, the kitchen counter is too small (IMHO). It's no bigger than my 16' Scamp and that's the one thing I really dislike about my Scamp. It would be fine if you always cook outside. But I don't because I camp in all kinds of weather. Cooking outside when it's cold, rainy and the wind is blowing.... ahhhh no.

Kate, you are hoping hooking up a 5er is easier than a bumper pull. As a solo traveler, I'd have to say No, but not hard either... just different. I'm not tall enough to hookup without either a short ladder or stepping on the tire and hiking myself up into the bed of the truck. I need to do that to assure there's a positive latch on the king pin and secure the hitch. As I age, I may wish I had a bumper pull where I can keep both feet on the ground when I hookup. We'll see.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:20 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I love the bathroom size on the 21 and would happily take a 5.0 TA with a bigger bathroom, giving up some cabinet space but that isn't possible.
These are the challenges that Escape has to try to please all. We are of the mind that the bath being as small as possible, yet have a functional shower and toilet, while allowing as much cabinet space as possible is better. Almost every camper has their own set of desires.

For me it is other things I did not find as desirable as I wished, thus the mods I am now doing to attain most of them.
Quote:
As I age, I may wish I had a bumper pull where I can keep both feet on the ground when I hookup. We'll see.
Maybe just be like me, and quit growing up.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:48 AM   #57

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When I purchased my 21, they had a special pricing for the first 10 customers, same as a 19 Escape. I had my 19 delivered since I was a caregiver and could not pick it up. A member in Philadelphia approached me about splitting delivery so I sold my 19 and put down a deposit. In addition I had more than 1/2 dozen referrals on credit at Escape since they were sparse here in the East. So my switch was an impulse purchase, swayed by external factors.
When they introduced the 2nd generation with the frameless windows I was not afraid to sell and repurchase and since I was now available to pick up, I decided to sell the 21. We felt that the 19 with the frameless windows around the bed and with the rear now opening it swayed us back to the 19 since we had opening awning windows on 3 sides,
The 19 tows a little better than the 21 due to the size and weight differential. I can see the sides of the 19 with my stock mirrors, do not need those extenders, I missed the large table in the 19 as well as the queen bed and front window. I never used the oven in the 21 nor the microwave in the 19, so I was able to eliminate them. I sold the 21 for what it cost me and with the drop in the Canadian dollar had enough left over to pay for my pick up trip. I guess my economic reasons took precedence over the whole process. I am also a little older and wiser now and downsizing where possible.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
very good thoughts! I hope you have feedback for us once you get your new 5.0!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
When I purchased my 21, they had a special pricing for the first 10 customers, same as a 19 Escape. I had my 19 delivered since I was a caregiver and could not pick it up. A member in Philadelphia approached me about splitting delivery so I sold my 19 and put down a deposit. In addition I had more than 1/2 dozen referrals on credit at Escape since they were sparse here in the East. So my switch was an impulse purchase, swayed by external factors.
When they introduced the 2nd generation with the frameless windows I was not afraid to sell and repurchase and since I was now available to pick up, I decided to sell the 21. We felt that the 19 with the frameless windows around the bed and with the rear now opening it swayed us back to the 19 since we had opening awning windows on 3 sides,
The 19 tows a little better than the 21 due to the size and weight differential. I can see the sides of the 19 with my stock mirrors, do not need those extenders, I missed the large table in the 19 as well as the queen bed and front window. I never used the oven in the 21 nor the microwave in the 19, so I was able to eliminate them. I sold the 21 for what it cost me and with the drop in the Canadian dollar had enough left over to pay for my pick up trip. I guess my economic reasons took precedence over the whole process. I am also a little older and wiser now and downsizing where possible.
SO the new windows are they real tempered glass or are they Plexi?
Old 04-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #60

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
SO the new windows are they real tempered glass or are they Plexi?
Glass, I believe from Hehr, although I don't know if they are tempered. These are not the Euro-style top-hinged acrylic windows, such as the line from Dometic (formerly Seitz).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote