Feeling like a legit Forum Member - finally! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2023, 07:26 PM   #21

Trailer: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT6 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Two things I try to remember to mention that does not come up too ofter. The first is when you get your trailer, take the time to remove the spare tire and get some washers/spacers so the tire does not end up with a permanent intention from the mounting bar.

The second is if you ordered the Fastway 2 weight distribution hitch (I love this hitch on our 21C, especially after not having one on our 19), get the second sewer hose storage container to go under the trailer in the back. It is a perfect size to hold the Fastway weight distribution bars! It keeps them off the ground and out of the way.
Excellent! I've just cut and pasted this into my growing "Escape Notes". I actually had included a second sewer hose storage container to our build-sheet. Wasn't certain what we'd use it for but figured it might come in handy and now, perfect, because we had also added the Fastway to the build and now I know what we'll use the storage for - I love this forum! Thanks everyone.
TheNiceFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:51 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceFamily View Post
Excellent! I've just cut and pasted this into my growing "Escape Notes". I actually had included a second sewer hose storage container to our build-sheet. Wasn't certain what we'd use it for but figured it might come in handy and now, perfect, because we had also added the Fastway to the build and now I know what we'll use the storage for - I love this forum! Thanks everyone.
I was surprised to hear the suggestion of putting the Fastway arms into a sewer-hose storage tube. Those arms are really heavy, and the covers of those tubes are flimsy at best. You're going to see the metal on the highway before long.

I keep ours in the big storage box on the tongue. If you're ordering new, be sure to include one of those.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:57 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
I was surprised to hear the suggestion of putting the Fastway arms into a sewer-hose storage tube. Those arms are really heavy, and the covers of those tubes are flimsy at best. You're going to see the metal on the highway before long.

I keep ours in the big storage box on the tongue. If you're ordering new, be sure to include one of those.
I assumed the suggestion was just for static storage while at the camping location. They would typically be hooked up when towing or it defeats the purpose of having the WDH.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:07 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I assumed the suggestion was just for static storage while at the camping location. They would typically be hooked up when towing or it defeats the purpose of having the WDH.
Good point. Dunno why I thought you'd be traveling with them in the tubes. My mistake!
Old 11-09-2023, 10:15 AM   #25

Trailer: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
I agree on the 2nd sewer hose storage container, but we put our Fastway 2 bars right between the propane and the front storage box. They just lay right on the frame. We use our 2nd hose storage container for 2 pieces of "astroturf" type mats that roll up and fit right in there.
Okay, thanks for the ideas and input! It's excellent to have options and, I'm taking on board the weight of the bars (we are adding a front storage box so, might be best there). I love the Mat idea! Originally, I was thinking a few fishing rods but they'd have been rattling around in there so those plus an rv mat or two should be perfect.
TheNiceFamily is offline   Reply With Quote