See Level II monitoring system no longer available - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2023, 04:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE 2023
Angry See Level II monitoring system no longer available

I was just informed today that the See Level II monitoring system is no longer available and has been taken off my build sheet. They said they couldn't get further stock of it. I looked online and found I could buy it and called them back suggesting I purchase the system and send it to them for install but they refused. Wasn't very happy about that. I asked them if there were any more items on my build sheet that they weren't going to install and they said not at this time.

Anyone else seeing similar deletions from their build sheets?
Endymion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion42 View Post
I was just informed today that the See Level II monitoring system is no longer available and has been taken off my build sheet. They said they couldn't get further stock of it. I looked online and found I could buy it and called them back suggesting I purchase the system and send it to them for install but they refused. Wasn't very happy about that. I asked them if there were any more items on my build sheet that they weren't going to install and they said not at this time.

We picked up our 21 NE in May 2022. We've had many issues with our See Level II system from the get-go.

Others have posted similar issues. What are the options ETI is offering you?
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2023 E19
The number pad door lock was removed from out E19 build sheet on July 21, 2023. The email stated the lock was out of stock.
joebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
We picked up our 21 NE in May 2022. We've had many issues with our See Level II system from the get-go.

Sorry to hear you have problems with it. What is the problem you're seeing? Looks like it may be serendipitous that they are not installing it. Maybe that's the real reason they are no longer stocking it. Instead they are putting in the base level monitoring system (I think the one that shows 3 levels in the tank and relies on sensors in the tanks). I didn't like the idea of the sensors in the tanks as they can get fouled.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuoy View Post
The number pad door lock was removed from out E19 build sheet on July 21, 2023. The email stated the lock was out of stock.
Hope that they don't run out of stock of other items on our build sheets...
Old 07-31-2023, 06:04 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 E19
Some interesting comments about the system and installation issues here:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-ll-22686.html
Old 07-31-2023, 07:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
My 21NE is in production as we speak. And about a week ago they called they gave me the bad news of the Number Pad Door Lock was not available and did not have a replacement for that. Sooo I am getting the standard door latch and they were prompt to refund my $195.00 back to my credit card, which I have received.

However...... I did find the Number Pad Door Lock on Amazon, BUT...... from the reviews that I read about it and there were many, it was God sent that I didn't get it cause of the many many issues they've had with it. One of the issues was that there was a pin the would come loose in it and then you couldn't get in the trailer or out if you were inside. WOW-ZER!!!!!

Now onto the next question here about Sea II.
I was called today as well to be notified of the unit not being available, but in my case it might have been God sent as well. Problem with that, is that I did not order that to be built into my 21NE. She had no idea why I was on the list for it and she checked her system and so (smile) no hold up on my trailer in production.

Plug here....... My Avatar to the left is a sample name plaque that I make, should anyone be interested. Added touch for our Ecape addiction.

Cheers...... and Happy Trails to ya.......
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Some interesting comments about the system and installation issues here:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-ll-22686.html
Thanks for the pointer!
Old 07-31-2023, 08:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post

Interesting our see level works flawlessly
oldwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:38 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Ours works perfectly as well. No complaints.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Ours works perfectly as well. No complaints.
Same here. No problems (at least not yet……knock on wood ).
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:33 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I think for most of us that have it, it likely works well. Most only post when there is a problem.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:40 PM   #13

I ordered the See Level II monitoring system. So far I haven't received any indication the monitor is not available.

This is our first trailer, so I don't know a lot of things about trailers, but we are trying to learning as much as possible. We have spent the last several decades backpacking and tent camping.

I got this photo showing the fresh water tank on July 20, 2023. There seems to some wires and some sort of electrical device attached. Is this the See Level II monitor?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1679a.jpg  
joebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:26 AM   #14

Quote:
I ordered the See Level II monitoring system. So far I haven't received any indication the monitor is not available.

This is our first trailer, so I don't know a lot of things about trailers, but we are trying to learning as much as possible. We have spent the last several decades backpacking and tent camping.

I got this photo showing the fresh water tank on July 20, 2023. There seems to some wires and some sort of electrical device attached. Is this the See Level II monitor?
I think the green strip is the See Level sensor.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:32 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I got the email two weeks ago that the number pad lock was no longer available. I quickly started researching alternatives and discovered that I’m probably better off with the RVlock I got off Amazon. Picked up my new 5.0 in Chilliwack today, and am spending my first night at Coquihalla campground (Hope BC). So far, systems seem to be working okay, though I’m finding the touchpad on the Norcold two -way a bit temperamental.
RF Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:55 AM   #16

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Hi John,

Do you have the See Level system in the Bigfoot? I wonder if installation might be a factor in whether or not the system works properly. There is a detailed testing protocol that has been included in the manual for the See Level II system. From Garnet Industries (https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...ual_v3.2.1.pdf)

15. For the initial test, have the tank at least 1/4 full of water or sewage, and verify that the percent level reading looks correct (see the chapter entitled “OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS” and the section “To read a water or sewer tank level” for details). Check to see that the signal power is at least 20% (see the chapter entitled “TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE” and the section “To review the sender diagnostics” for details). If the signal power is too low, make sure that the sender(s) is well stuck to the side of the tank and that the tank is reasonably clean inside, as a large buildup will reduce signal strength. The gauge will work with maximum signal strengths as low as 20%, but it is good to have at least 50% to 60% at installation so that there is some margin available for buildup in the tank. Note that the system “learns” about the characteristics of the tank with use, so the readings may be inaccurate when the tank is empty or almost empty when the system is first tested. Once the tank has been filled at least 1/4 full the system will be properly “taught” and should read correctly after that.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:57 AM   #17

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:

The electronic lock was deleted from my build sheet.
FWIW, I'd also thought about getting the See Level II, but don't regret not having it. The extra precision wouldn't have made any difference in the way I use the trailer. Either I've got water, or I don't. Knowing whether I've got <1/3 or <10% really makes no difference in practice.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 02:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Quote:
I think the green strip is the See Level sensor.
I agree - that looks like a See Level sensor.

That mess of wiring beside it provide a hint about why ETI is having problems with a long-established and highly regarded system.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 02:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I agree - that looks like a See Level sensor.

That mess of wiring beside it provide a hint about why ETI is having problems with a long-established and highly regarded system.
The See Level sensor for my grey tank recently quit working and now shows an "OPN" error on the display.

After previously dealing with a different wiring issue, I have a strong suspicion of the problem....and it's likely nothing to do with the quality of the See Level components.

I am not looking forward to chiseling off the spray foam insulation.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape21C 2023
They told us that they weren't offering it anymore because they have had so many problems with it.
Katemcginn12@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote