Value - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2023, 04:20 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Now, imagine having wasted $1500 on a the 'composting' toilet option and being faced with having to admit it was a mistake and then spend that much again to undo it. Instead they come up with some other excuse to walk away from their mistake.
A Psychologist probably could figure it out. And it isn't just relegated to RVs. I know marriages where people stayed together for decades because they wouldn't admit it was a mistake in the first place.

Sure, it's sad. But that's human behavior...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 04:22 PM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
I have a conventional RV toilet and bathroom sink in my Escape, so of course it is valuable.
If I had a gold star or blue ribbon emoji, I'd add that as well.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 04:45 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think "Human Litter Box" is accurate.
You bring up an interesting point, Donna. Cats are obligate carnivores and therefore their poop is rather toxic. So if a cat can poop in an open air tub of gravel in the confines of a house, then a composting toilet, which is ventilated to the outdoors, couldn't be any worse.

Thanks. I feel better already.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:24 PM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
You bring up an interesting point, Donna. Cats are obligate carnivores and therefore their poop is rather toxic. So if a cat can poop in an open air tub of gravel in the confines of a house, then a composting toilet, which is ventilated to the outdoors, couldn't be any worse.

Thanks. I feel better already.
People think I have a problem with 'composting' toilets. I don't. If I had an off grid house in an area that allowed 'composting' toilets with enough land to actually compost the solid waste I would have have one.

What I do have a problem with is when they are installed in a mobile application like an RV. And people think it is Eco friendly. Then they dump their fecal matter AND the added bulk material in the trash, diverting it from systems designed to process human fecal matter into a landfill. First and foremost landfill space is rapidly running out. And when that solid waste is in a landfill it decomposes anaerobically producing methane which is a horrible greenhouse gas. This is the opposite of actual composting which needs to be turned and tended to in order to actually compost. This turning in tending takes almost two years to render the pathogens in the human waste to the point where it can actually be used as soil.

That doesn't even address people dumping out their urine everywhere. I have been to popular boondocking spots that literally wreaked like urine. Some people even go as far as to dump their solids out 50 feet or so from campsites thinking that is okay and that it will compost on its own.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 08:45 PM   #45

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Trends like avocado colored appliances don't tend to last as long as the appliances themselves do. I would consider the Contemporary interior a trend that won't outlast the the trailer.
I look at Oak interior and think 1980's... I did choose the maple interior... Until the Contemporary interior option showed up before my build sheet was due.. There is a reason the contemporary interior was a new option... Not everyone wanted a wood look interior.. Happy with my interior, not the choice for everyone.. Oak interior is reminiscent of my youth.. with avacado appliances...
Old 08-19-2023, 09:28 PM   #46

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
I can certainly understand the light and airy appeal of the contemporary interior; I think with the material texture and the trim-relief it has a distinctly different character than the Oliver's shiny molded fiberglass interior - not nearly as 'industrial sanitized' as the Oliver aesthetic. Interior sounds seem to be better attenuated in the Escape, too. Photo's may not accurately convey those differences, but IME they're readily apparent when each is experienced in person.

IMO choices are good (I happen to like and have maple), methinks the contemporary will continue to be a popular option and for that reason will be around for a long time.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:55 PM   #47

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
I can certainly understand the light and airy appeal of the contemporary interior; I think with the material texture and the trim-relief it has a distinctly different character than the Oliver's shiny molded fiberglass interior - not nearly as 'industrial sanitized' as the Oliver. Interior sounds seem to be better attenuated in the Escape, too. Photo's may not accurately convey those differences, but IME it's readily apparent when each is viewed in person.

IMO choices are good (I happen to like and have maple), methinks the contemporary will continue to be a popular option and for that reason will be around for a long time.
Agree with everything you say here, including that choices are a good thing. You make a great point that the Escape white Contemporary interior (which is actually white and a textured silver/gray) isn’t the same sterile environment as the Oliver.

For our personal taste, we weren’t fond of the oak, but we liked the maple. When Escape announced the white Contemporary we were thrilled with it. We chose the Contemporary, and we’re very happy we did. So, yes, choices are good.
YakRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 10:19 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We’ve had stoves in brown, white, gold, black and Black with stainless. Accurate oven heat, good hinges on the Oven door with a good seal, burners that light, and gas valves that allow for all settings without messing with them are all I’ve ever needed to enjoy cooking. I can’t get too worked up about interiors, appliances etc. To each their own.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-19-2023, 10:19 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
. . . After checking the license, he approached the old boy and said, “You know you could lose your license for speeding but I’m going to give you a break. If you can give me an excuse I’ve never heard before, I’ll let you go.
The old boy thought for a minute then answered. A couple years ago my wife ran off with a trooper and I was afraid it was you and you were bringing her back.
Iowa Dave
Thanks, Dave. We needed that.
Old 08-20-2023, 08:12 AM   #50

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We like Oak! Don’t like Maple with the plastic inserts, and definitely don’t like the stark White interior. If we didn’t like Oak we wouldn’t have bought our barn find 2016 Bigfoot with Oak and dated interior fabrics. Oldwave’s new Bigfoot has a much more modern wood choice, modern fabrics and stainless steel.

We camp and if we could find a barn find Escape with a white interior at the discount we paid for our Bigfoot, we would adapt, and perhaps learn to like it. We had a chance to buy a Oliver, but it was the combination of white, mirrors everywhere, small fridge, little food prep space, and small single beds that stopped us, not just the white.

What’s selling right now? Maple and White!

Oh, and I don’t like RAM trucks either, but yet they seem to sell too.

TETO,

Perry
Old 08-20-2023, 08:25 AM   #51

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Every person who has been in our Escape with the Contemporary finish has commented on how much brighter it is. And how much more spacious it feels. So, if we ever decide to sell, I think it will be to our benefit.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 11:35 AM   #52
Site Team

We love our modern interior as well. If anything, I believe ETI was late to the party with the modern interior. Forest River has been installing a similar finish in their Rpod products for at least 3 or 4 years. Our late 90's Starcraft hybrid had a white interior. What I really like is ETI gives you a choice. As for demand for such a light and airy finish, well there are many videos and forum threads on how to de-brown and RV's interior.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:43 AM   #53

Yes, they are all over You Tube. Painting their brown interiors light colors.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:09 PM   #54

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
Yes, they are all over You Tube. Painting their brown interiors light colors.
There are people all over YouTube painting all kinds of things that should never be painted.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:14 PM   #55

Yes, like an Escape TT!
Old 08-20-2023, 08:46 PM   #56

Trailer: 2021 5.0
White interior and sink delete here, never stopped to think about someone else’s opinion.
I do like that with Escape the value doesn’t drop like many other campers but as far as an investment, not really my first choice.
I have a neighbor who is so worried about our neighborhoods market value crashing, he sold his own home to an investment company and now pays rent to them. It was a new one on me, most others just moved away.
My home I live in, my Escape, not about the money,,,
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:02 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
When one of the daredevil kids in the second grade broke the rules and did something dangerous on the playground, Miss Gritzner the principal said to the followers “If Henry Orton jumped off of the third avenue bridge would you jump off the bridge behind him?” Still rings true with me nearly seven decades later. Except now it’s “If someone on you tube painted
the interior of their Escape with a rattle can would you?” I think not, I’d use a roller!
Iowa Dave
Old 08-20-2023, 09:40 PM   #58
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
. . . I have a neighbor who is so worried about our neighborhoods market value crashing, he sold his own home to an investment company and now pays rent to them. It was a new one on me, most others just moved away.
My home I live in, my Escape, not about the money,,,
Maybe his rent is less than the mortgage he was paying?
Old 08-20-2023, 10:52 PM   #59

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Agree with everything you say here, including that choices are a good thing. You make a great point that the Escape white Contemporary interior (which is actually white and a textured silver/gray) isn’t the same sterile environment as the Oliver.

For our personal taste, we weren’t fond of the oak, but we liked the maple. When Escape announced the white Contemporary we were thrilled with it. We chose the Contemporary, and we’re very happy we did. So, yes, choices are good.
We're not quite ready to order our 5.0 yet, but when we do, we plan to go with the Contemporary interior (and sink-delete).......
That's the great thing about Escape - plenty of options to suit any (most) buyers!
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:30 AM   #60

Trailer: 2012 E19
I'm just not a contemporary guy, I guess. Still stuck in the '70s and '80s decor. Well, except for the shag carpet and avocado appliances...