Weird E-Bay deal of the day - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2022, 12:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Weird E-Bay deal of the day

We just received our Weber Q1000 grill today. Paid $179.99 with free shipping. It's got the titanium (off white) lid, in new condition. Seller was located in Champlain, NY but the grill was shipped by Walmart in Indianapolis. Further strangeness, the seller let us know there would be a two week delay, which there indeed was. Now we could have ordered it direct from Walmart for only $209.99. Can anyone explain the economics of this deal? Or do we just chalk it up to "supply chain" issues? By the way, we're not complaining!
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Many small (and even large) businesses use the Amazon or Walmart marketplace to sell their products. They set the price. I've often found that both Amazon & Walmart have a higher price for the same item as their marketplace sellers, although you do need to check on the shipping. Sometimes free, other times expensive.

I do wonder about the physical movement of the product - does the seller in Champlain, NY actually ship the product to a specific Walmart, the nearest Walmart, of just do a paper transfer & Walmart ships it from stock.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I do wonder about the physical movement of the product - does the seller in Champlain, NY actually ship the product to a specific Walmart, the nearest Walmart, of just do a paper transfer & Walmart ships it from stock.
Back in the day we used to call that drop shipping. The seller isn't usually in possession of the item at any time.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #4

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Makes you wonder what Walmart's margin was on that deal. I'd bet it's way more than that particular seller.
WillyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
We just received our Weber Q1000 grill today. Paid $179.99 with free shipping. It's got the titanium (off white) lid, in new condition. Seller was located in Champlain, NY but the grill was shipped by Walmart in Indianapolis. Further strangeness, the seller let us know there would be a two week delay, which there indeed was. Now we could have ordered it direct from Walmart for only $209.99. Can anyone explain the economics of this deal? Or do we just chalk it up to "supply chain" issues? By the way, we're not complaining!

That's why I will reseach at amazon, but then go look & see if I can find it at a "little guy". Sometimes much closer (say SC vs CA ) to me in NC. As that can add a week.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote