What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 109 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2024, 08:12 PM   #2161
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRCURTIS View Post
Finished repairing the broken grey tank connections on our 2019 E19. Let’s start with a HUGE THANK YOU to the forum members that took the time to post detailed photos and descriptions of how to address the epic engineering fail Escape implemented on some trailers of our vintage. We did not utilize any of the water systems post pick-up and sadly the trailer has been in storage most of the time since. While de-winterizing and preparing for an upcoming trip we found all of the connections to the grey tank were broken off at the threads. Some of the connections were less of a challenge to remedy than others with the vent being the largest PITA. With rubber connections in place we are now ready for the season and thankful for the kindness of forum members to share their knowledge for the benefit of others. I shudder to think of what this would have cost for a local RV shop to repair. Again, Thank You!!!
Can you tell us what thread and posts this post is referring to? Sounds like a horrific problem—what's the back story? And is this gigantic thread the correct place for this follow-up?
Old 03-03-2024, 09:07 PM   #2162

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Can you tell us what thread and posts this post is referring to?
Just FYI, entering " grey tank " in the powered by Google search at the top of this page yields many forum hits applicable to this issue (the topic has been discussed in several helpful threads).

Site search is often your friend if you have an issue you need help with.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:41 PM   #2163
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Just FYI, entering " grey tank " in the powered by Google search at the top of this page yields many forum hits applicable to this issue (the topic has been discussed in several helpful threads).

Site search is often your friend if you have an issue you need help with.
I know about the Search function, Alan, but I find it woefully inadequate when you're looking for anything specific. In this case LRCURTIS is referring to a problem he experienced and presumably discussed here on the Forum. Best to link back to that, rather than make your readers spend hours searching through threads and posts that mention similar events.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:29 AM   #2164
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Today, I drove from Ocozocoautla to Tehuantepec, en route to Oaxaca....
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:31 PM   #2165

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRCURTIS View Post
Finished repairing the broken grey tank connections on our 2019 E19. Let’s start with a HUGE THANK YOU to the forum members that took the time to post detailed photos and descriptions of how to address the epic engineering fail Escape implemented on some trailers of our vintage. We did not utilize any of the water systems post pick-up and sadly the trailer has been in storage most of the time since. While de-winterizing and preparing for an upcoming trip we found all of the connections to the grey tank were broken off at the threads. Some of the connections were less of a challenge to remedy than others with the vent being the largest PITA. With rubber connections in place we are now ready for the season and thankful for the kindness of forum members to share their knowledge for the benefit of others. I shudder to think of what this would have cost for a local RV shop to repair. Again, Thank You!!!
Quote:
Can you tell us what thread and posts this post is referring to? Sounds like a horrific problem—what's the back story? And is this gigantic thread the correct place for this follow-up?
Quote:
I know about the Search function, Alan, but I find it woefully inadequate when you're looking for anything specific. In this case LRCURTIS is referring to a problem he experienced and presumably discussed here on the Forum. Best to link back to that, rather than make your readers spend hours searching through threads and posts that mention similar events.
This is the most definitive and lengthy thread on the topic…
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ion-18996.html
Old 03-04-2024, 07:41 PM   #2166
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Today I towed my E21 about 270 km of mountain roads to the outskirts of Oaxaca where we will be based the next 4 days.

My 2019 Expedition Limited is performing great.... Really really glad I put 18" wheels on it, I think we went over 100 topes (speed bumps) and a lot of nasty pavement and potholes today. Quite sure the OEM 22" wheels would have failed weeks ago.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:32 PM   #2167
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This is the most definitive and lengthy thread on the topic…
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ion-18996.html
Thanks for that link. It will take a bit of reading to get through it—sometime. Looking through LRCURTIS's posts, I don't see one in that thread. I was just wondering where he described his original problem.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:43 PM   #2168

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Looking through LRCURTIS's posts, I don't see one in that thread. I was just wondering where he described his original problem.
Likely they just never posted about it.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:44 PM   #2169

Trailer: SOLD: 2005 17A; was waiting on a 2023 21C; found a 2017 21C - YAYAYAYAY!
What did you do for your Escape today..... Part 2

Today, my husband finished our new table for our Escape. He had found an old oak top to an old drafting table for less than $20CAD (so $1.50USD...), which was a large rectangle and had yellowed. After cutting it down to the size we wanted, he sanded, stained it with "Golden Oak" and then finished it to a glossy smooth finish. We love it!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20240417_011800792 - v2.jpg   PXL_20240417_011824091 v2.jpg  
mlowther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:52 PM   #2170
D&L

Trailer: 2023 5.0 (Casper)
Good job. The table looks great. Enjoy it and happy camping.
D&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:59 PM   #2171

Trailer: 2012 E19
Nice oak table! Definitely looks better than the stock formica.

I added some shelf storage with pull-out trays in my closet. Nothing fancy, but functional. I left enough space on one side to still hang an item or two.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0326sm.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	73963

Then I built a condiment caddy out of Brazilian cherry. There are certain things I always place on the table when I reach destination, so this way I can just grab the caddy and move them all in one swipe. I added cork to the bottom.

Name:	IMG_0328sm.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	73961

The lighting really affects the appearance, of course.

Name:	IMG_0329sm.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	73962
Old 04-24-2024, 04:50 PM   #2172

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
I made a date to pick our new to us 5.0 up on Friday. Now we just need to get home from Hawai’i. This retired life sure is busy!🤙
Gedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 05:16 PM   #2173

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
The gray tank arrived yesterday from Alcaro Plastics in BC (the mfg that supplies fresh/gray/black tanks to Escape) and I started the process of installing it onto our 15A in earnest today. I guess, once its installed, it will be a 15A-1/2