Convection/microwave install - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Convection/microwave install

I have a 21C with a microwave under the two burner cooktop. Thought it would be easy to switch out for the convection/microwave that Escape installs if you have it on your build sheet.

The convection/microwave and trim kit arrive and they are too large. I can see the opening in the cabinet could be cut larger, but the trim kit will never fit without giving up the drawers next to it and it looks like the propane hose might have to move.

Has anyone done this?
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificc View Post
I have a 21C with a microwave under the two burner cooktop. Thought it would be easy to switch out for the convection/microwave that Escape installs if you have it on your build sheet.

The convection/microwave and trim kit arrive and they are too large. I can see the opening in the cabinet could be cut larger, but the trim kit will never fit without giving up the drawers next to it and it looks like the propane hose might have to move.

Has anyone done this?
I had Escape make the opening larger on my Escape 19. Because I wanted to keep the two drawers, that area was not large enough to keep the drawers and make it fully 'Convection Microwave Ready'. The opening was just big enough for the Highpoint Convection Microwave to fit, but, as you are aware no way was it big enough for the trim kit.

I did relocate the propane hose by ordering a longer one, and running all the way back from the stove connection, across the back wall, and then up the other side to the front and then down out the bottom of the trailer where it connected to the copper pipe.

To hold the Convection Microwave in I purchased some small angle shelf brackets and bent one side back in a v shape (>) to hook on the lip of the external vent on the Convection Microwave. I have 3 evenly space along the bottom and one on top. I also put a couple PVC pipe caps inside the bottom external vent towards the front to help keep the weight of the microwave from crushing the bottom external vent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Angle bracket.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	58953
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Thank you for the information.
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote