Does Anyone have Experience with This Device? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2024, 10:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Does Anyone have Experience with This Device?

My brother installed the arprv.com Fridge Defend in his Escape 21 after reading that it would extend the life of his Dometic fridge and reduce the prospect of a fire.

I have never heard of this device before and have found very little info regarding it. Has anyone had any experience with one of these units? Is it something worth installing to protect the life of the fridge?

I haven't found any of the usual retailers carrying the gadget, so I guess it is only available by direct sale from the manufacturer. My brother got his directly from the manufacturer, and said it was pretty easy to install and that it appears to work as promised. I found very little info other than that on the web site, but what I did find indicated general satisfaction with the unit,and good support from the manufacturer in dealing with any questions or problems.

The videos on the web site are not really ready for prime time, but they do get the ideas across. I get the general impression that arprv is a pretty small outfit and that they may have tried unsuccessfully to sell their patented device to Dometic and/or Norcold and are now trying to go it alone

Any insight or ideas would be appreciated.