Patandlinda Escape modifications - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2018, 06:09 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
moved from Myron's Escape 19 mod thread
Thankyou Jim for moving some of my mods and starting me my own thread . Now I just need to update and straighten out my albums which have more mods . I will get to it s soon as I can . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #62

Hey guys can you start a new thread about tires etc, this thread was supposed to be for our modifications to our 19 for those interested . Thankyou ! Pat
Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #63

A few pictures of the Formica added behind the stove. I found a edging at Lowe's for the Formica .The Formica is just held in place by Vent and about 1/4 into the bottom Formica edge . Nothing glued . You bend to fit in , that's it . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0270.jpg   IMG_0271.jpg   IMG_0272.jpg  
Old 01-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
A few pictures of the Formica added behind the stove. I found a edging at Lowe's for the Formica .The Formica is just held in place by Vent and about 1/4 into the bottom Formica edge . Nothing glued . You bend to fit in , that's it . Pat
"Smart Plug ". Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0273.jpg   IMG_0274.jpg  
Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #65

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
That backsplash looks beautiful, Pat. And sounds so easy to do! is that edging specifically for that purpose? (i'll go look for it at Lowes) Thanks for posting that so quickly.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
That backsplash looks beautiful, Pat. And sounds so easy to do! is that edging specifically for that purpose? (i'll go look for it at Lowes) Thanks for posting that so quickly.
I will take a picture of a piece plastic mounding for you . A lot of times what you don't see in store they have it on line . Pat
Old 01-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #67

Quote:
I will take a picture of a piece plastic mounding for you . A lot of times what you don't see in store they have it on line . Pat
Here you go . You can see it just slips over the edge . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0275.jpg   IMG_0276.jpg   IMG_0277.jpg  
Old 01-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Ingenious use of the extra laminate - looks very nice Pat.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Ingenious use of the extra laminate - looks very nice Pat.
Thankyou Eric . By the way batteries still excellent with your recommended charger Pat
Old 01-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #70

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Thankyou Eric . By the way batteries still excellent with your recommended charger Pat
After 6 years of use and using the BatteryMinder while in storage, the dual 6s on our 17B still performed like new when we sold it. I am hoping for the same with the 21's.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #71

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I like the arborite wall piece. Makes good sense to have it behind the stove.

How did you end up with the piece of arborite?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I like the arborite wall piece. Makes good sense to have it behind the stove.

How did you end up with the piece of arborite?

Ron
Ron it is the same Formica that Escape used . I bought a piece at a shop here soon after we picked up trailer . I know it bothered me having the vinyl behind the stove . This gives a little protection and can clean if needed . Pat
Old 01-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Thanks, the vinyl right behind the stove has always seemed not quite right. Thanks for giving me a real life look at what the matching arborite looks like in place.

I'll look for it locally. Otherwise I'll wait till Spring when I'm usually driving past ETI most weekends.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
SmartPlug

Pat,
Is your SmartPlug electrical connection, the kit B30ASSYNT?
Did you mount it over the existing electrical cable port Escape provides?
It looks like you have a plastic or fiberglass plate to cover the larger cable port. Where did you get the plate or how did you make it?

I have the standard pull-out electrical cable, but I am getting disgusted with it. It was getting tangled around the EMS box. So I installed a sleeve made out of a folding chair cover to contain the cord. It still manages to get tangled inside the sleeve.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Pat,
Is your SmartPlug electrical connection, the kit B30ASSYNT?
Did you mount it over the existing electrical cable port Escape provides?
It looks like you have a plastic or fiberglass plate to cover the larger cable port. Where did you get the plate or how did you make it?

I have the standard pull-out electrical cable, but I am getting disgusted with it. It was getting tangled around the EMS box. So I installed a sleeve made out of a folding chair cover to contain the cord. It still manages to get tangled inside the sleeve.
Morning , Richard . My item number is #78758. That is a Camping World item number . However I called Smart Plug and talked to a Terry who directly sent me my Smart Plug system from Washington . Camping World was pretty slow . I will check to see if your number is the correct number at Smart Plug. What I received is in stainless, the RV cord set . The cord is 30 ft long , and a bag . The cut off cord from my trailer ,I purchased just a end and installed on cord giving me about a 20 ft cord . So I have 2 cord lengths . In 2013 my mouse hole was huge . I purchased a exterior electrical plate to attach to my trailer , drilling out a 2 1/2 dia. hole , with a hole saw . Later Escape stop making such a huge hole because Robert who has a 2015 was able to just add his detectable system to the hole on the trailer . I painted the grey electrical plate with fusion paint to match the trailer . The Smart Plug fits in your trailer mouse hole . You will remove all the cord plastic inlet ,door etc. You will then be left with just your hole . You then cut the cord and wire up to new Smart Plug . They will give you any help needed . (206)285-2990. Let me get some coffee and I will check out the numbers for you . I know attached that cord can be a pain . What you will love about the Smart Plug how easy to plug in and it is so waterproof and very secure attachment . I will get back to you in about a hour . Pat
Old 01-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #76

Quote:
Morning , Richard . My item number is #78758. That is a Camping World item number . However I called Smart Plug and talked to a Terry who directly sent me my Smart Plug system from Washington . Camping World was pretty slow . I will check to see if your number is the correct number at Smart Plug. What I received is in stainless, the RV cord set . The cord is 30 ft long , and a bag . The cut off cord from my trailer ,I purchased just a end and installed on cord giving me about a 20 ft cord . So I have 2 cord lengths . In 2013 my mouse hole was huge . I purchased a exterior electrical plate to attach to my trailer , drilling out a 2 1/2 dia. hole , with a hole saw . Later Escape stop making such a huge hole because Robert who has a 2015 was able to just add his detectable system to the hole on the trailer . I painted the grey electrical plate with fusion paint to match the trailer . The Smart Plug fits in your trailer mouse hole . You will remove all the cord plastic inlet ,door etc. You will then be left with just your hole . You then cut the cord and wire up to new Smart Plug . They will give you any help needed . (206)285-2990. Let me get some coffee and I will check out the numbers for you . I know attached that cord can be a pain . What you will love about the Smart Plug how easy to plug in and it is so waterproof and very secure attachment . I will get back to you in about a hour . Pat
Richard what we bought is C30303BM30NT. B30ASSNT is the stainless inlet and end to convert your cord . I found that on Amazon for 167. The whole set we purchased is 341 . Which includes the 30 ft cord . Same price online Camping World . Another end at Amazon is 70 to make another cord with your cut off. They also off inlets in white , grey and black instead of stainless . Didn't check prices for those. Lots of choices . I bought the whole system because wasn't sure about our cord , however since I can fold it in a circle it has been fine and usually use it at campgrounds . The 30 ft we use at home to plugin at the garage but also carry it just in case . Any other info or help let me know . Pat
Old 01-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Pat, Thanks for the detailed information. I already have a second 30 amp cable, so will probably buy the kit with the connection end to attach to the outside portion my existing Escape cable.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #78

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
People sometimes use dividers to make a little cupboard area for the cord only.

The 19' has a cord problem for sure. Good idea to get an unattached cord for them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #79

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Darn! Just heard back from Escape that they will not install the Smartplug system due to production slowdown. Will order the Smartplug when I get home. Hopefully the detachable cord opening and holes will be covered by the Smartplug.
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
Darn! Just heard back from Escape that they will not install the Smartplug system due to production slowdown. Will order the Smartplug when I get home. Hopefully the detachable cord opening and holes will be covered by the Smartplug.
Very easy to convert . Tomorrow I will copy my installation paper so you can get a idea . Pat