Patandlinda Escape modifications - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Pat, Thanks for the detailed information. I already have a second 30 amp cable, so will probably buy the kit with the connection end to attach to the outside portion my existing Escape cable.
Richard you will be very happy . One difference is the blue led light on the your cord end won't be there you make .It is only on the manufacturer's 30 ft cord which is sealed by them . Everything else is the same and we use the Escape cord with the Smart Plug end at campgrounds . If others could see this in person and how intelligent design it is and how easy it works , more would purchase .anyway anything I can do to help . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #82

Patand Linda Escape modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Installed the accumulator tank and moved the water pump . hoping this tank will help with water pump lasting longer . Pat
Finally got back to pump yesterday . Last camping trip when we got to campground , one of the fittings was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop for love or money . I had to bypass the accumulator tank .I had ordered the 3 ft. tubing pieces from Shurflo . Because they have manufactured ends on them . Anyone who has a 19 knows where the pump is, hell to get to. Moved pump again , added the new lines , made a shelf for the accumulator . Hopefully this will take care of leaking lines. I know I guess I could of gotten stainless plumbing lines instead, like I did for bath shut off, Next time . Anyway a few pictures of install . Hope I don't have to mess with this for awhile . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0055.jpg   DSC_0056.jpg  
Old 01-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #83

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What is that old adage, do it right the first time and it will be the last time.....do you find that the pump runs less now?
Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
What is that old adage, do it right the first time and it will be the last time.....do you find that the pump runs less now?
Hi Jim . To answer your question yes . To be truthful though I wish it was a little bigger tank . I think going down the road to campgrounds loosened up fittings . They were fine at home . Pat
Old 01-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #85

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Hi Jim . To answer your question yes . To be truthful though I wish it was a little bigger tank . I think going down the road to campgrounds loosened up fittings . They were fine at home . Pat
You could add another one if you wanted more capacity...at $40 CAD they are cheap. It also does not have to be placed at the pump. It could be under the sink etc...as longs it is in the system (after the pump) it will provide the cushion.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #86

Quote:
Jim I forgot if it is important to you , pump is pretty quiet now . Pat
Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
You could add another one if you wanted more capacity...at $40 CAD they are cheap. It also does not have to be placed at the pump. It could be under the sink etc...as longs it is in the system (after the pump) it will provide the cushion.
I know but how our 19 is set up ,we already have made more storage in wasted area's all through the trailer. Really would be nice to have one bigger tank .Pat
Old 01-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #88

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
one of the fittings was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop for love or money . I had to bypass the accumulator tank .I had ordered the 3 ft. tubing pieces from Shurflo . Because they have manufactured ends on them . Anyone who has a 19 knows where the pump is, hell to get to. Moved pump again , added the new lines , made a shelf for the accumulator . Hopefully this will take care of leaking lines. I know I guess I could of gotten stainless plumbing lines instead, like I did for bath shut off, Next time . Anyway a few pictures of install . Hope I don't have to mess with this for awhile . Pat
What are you complaining about? At least you had access from the top also. With my slatted bed base I did the installation laying on my side jammed in the underbed door opening.

Those fittings! They leave a bit to be desired. The pump fittings are fine but I had leaks from both the accumulator tank fittings. Poor design. I resorted to using a wrench on them despite them being designed for hand tightening. Still have a miniscule leak. Might have to put a dab of silicone on it.

We all go our different ways on mods. First I removed the pump and tried relocating it and putting the tank in different positions. Finally put the pump back in its' original position and made a bracket to hold the tank.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0016_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
What are you complaining about? At least you had access from the top also. With my slatted bed base I did the installation laying on my side jammed in the underbed door opening.

Those fittings! They leave a bit to be desired. The pump fittings are fine but I had leaks from both the accumulator tank fittings. Poor design. I resorted to using a wrench on them despite them being designed for hand tightening. Still have a miniscule leak. Might have to put a dab of silicone on it.

We all go our different ways on mods. First I removed the pump and tried relocating it and putting the tank in different positions. Finally put the pump back in its' original position and made a bracket to hold the tank.

Ron
Hi Ron . Yup I made a access door a long time ago to get to 4 changed out pumps . Also can lift bed with our mattress . Hate feeling like I am in a tomb to work under there . I think the slatted IKEA bed is a great idea for comfort but I see it limits getting under the bed .
I thought about putting pump back in it's spot but really want it horizontal like in our 2 previous RV's . Just in case never had any pump issues like have had in this trailer . Reason I am trying the accumulator tank also . If nothing else pump is quieter . Hope to meet you at Quartzsite this year. Pat
Old 01-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #90

I'm lucky that I'm skinny enough to be able to slide in and access everything including the wiring at the rear. Tight spaces don't concern me, I've had lot's of other situations with much less room.

Yes, just finishing up installing new garage doors and suddenly remembering a couple of other mods that I'd like to get done by Quartzsite. Next week we'll be Southbound on our favorite hwy. 62 mph in the 55 speed limit. Hate it but it gets us there.

Ron
Old 01-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #91

Quote:
I'm lucky that I'm skinny enough to be able to slide in and access everything including the wiring at the rear. Tight spaces don't concern me, I've had lot's of other situations with much less room.

Yes, just finishing up installing new garage doors and suddenly remembering a couple of other mods that I'd like to get done by Quartzsite. Next week we'll be Southbound on our favorite hwy. 62 mph in the 55 speed limit. Hate it but it gets us there.

Ron
When I was younger and smaller been between two walls on a construction site .Didn't like it then but I was being paid so I didn't have a choice . Listen be safe . Pat
Old 01-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #92

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I haven’t put my accumulator tank in yet cause I’m watching what you’re doing. Maybe when I get to It y’all will have figured it all out and I can just follow the formula.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:53 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I haven’t put my accumulator tank in yet cause I’m watching what you’re doing. Maybe when I get to It y’all will have figured it all out and I can just follow the formula.
I know let Mickey do it first .Hopefully I am done with this Greg .No problem though I sometimes follow others first .What a pain this has been . Pat
Old 01-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Or, you're going to wait until we're all at Quartzsite and say, Pin, you want a Pin? have I got a deal for you.

Ron
Old 01-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #95

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ah, yes I forgot momentarily the Mystery Soup Chef, chief mechanic/engineer will be there. Maybe I’ll hold off on that accumulator tank till I can examine these installs up close. Of course, we’d never hold your pin hostage.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #96

Installed the new gas cover today . They give you screws and lock nuts but decided to rivet it like the old one . The top reason had a lot of trouble with the electric jack head , removing our cover . So bought the taller one which also means I can install 30 gal tanks if I want . The taller one works now ,where that bow out is taller . Reinstalled all our cord and attachment hardware . Cost to me about 14 because had credit on Amazon . Now also have a spare door and the locking nuts if needed . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0346.jpg   IMG_0345.jpg  
Old 04-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #97

Simple solution to get rid of an annoyance.

Ron
Old 04-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #98

Quote:
Simple solution to get rid of an annoyance.

Ron
Thanks Ron ! Pat
Old 04-29-2018, 06:52 AM   #99

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Installed the new gas cover today . They give you screws and lock nuts but decided to rivet it like the old one . The top reason had a lot of trouble with the electric jack head , removing our cover . So bought the taller one which also means I can install 30 gal tanks if I want . The taller one works now ,where that bow out is taller . Reinstalled all our cord and attachment hardware . Cost to me about 14 because had credit on Amazon . Now also have a spare door and the locking nuts if needed . Pat
Pat: Great idea to solve your problem. We have a modified dual 30# tank cover over our mini-split condenser. Is that a custom cover for your front storage box?
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Pat: Great idea to solve your problem. We have a modified dual 30# tank cover over our mini-split condenser. Is that a custom cover for your front storage box?
Morning Dave ! My goodness you sure get up early ! Yes , we had Calmark make the cover for the box when they also made the cover for the whole trailer . We use the box cover all the time and it helps with the water and dirt that sits up there in the top. Pat