Standard kitchen faucet question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Standard kitchen faucet question

We are finally getting into the meat of our build, with final decisions due in about 6 weeks for our 5.0! We are doing a lot of custom options, including a different sink and cooktop but I'm wondering about Escape's standard kitchen faucet. I haven't seen any discussion about it so I asked Joldie and she gave me the make and model, but there isn't much info online. I would love to hear any thoughts on the standard faucet as far as quality and anything you like or dislike. Is it worth it to have a pull down sprayer if you aren't using park hookups much? It would save a little money to go with the standard, but if we don't like it, I think it would be easier to have Escape install a different one during the build than doing it ourselves later. Hubby has mad skills, but I'm also wondering about the difficulty of getting in there to install a faucet after we get it. Thanks for any input!
okhcolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
This looks like one of those smaller choices, not one the the big life changing ones, which is good.

When we bought our older 19, used, it came with a plastic RV faucet. No question in my mind, it had to go. Since the formica counter top was delaminating, it was easy to swap out the original faucet with a conventional Delta faucet when I took the counter off to repair the formica. Wife and I are both happy.

I think the concern you might want to address is balancing your intended camping style and water consumption. If you use and like a sprayer at home, you will likely like using one when camping. However, you indicate you will be boondocking (no hookups), so your water supply will be limited. Having a sprayer may tempt you to use more water than you might otherwise. Only experience will tell. If you go with the standard faucet and find you can't live without the sprayer, replacement is really no big deal. If you have ETI install a sprayer head faucet and you have the self control to moderate you water use, you save a bit of money and get the flexibility you want.

Either way, there's no wrong choice, and you have the ability to change later no matter what you start out with. Per Yogi Berra, "when you come to a fork in the road, take it!"
Old 12-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
I think it is a very serviceable faucet. I use a roll up rack across the sink, and the faucet is high enough that I can fit my percolator on the rack without moving the faucet. I can swing it far enough back that the area above the sink is completely clear. The aerator works well. I don't use the spray setting often, but it is nice sometimes, as is the ability to pull it out. I have no desire to change it.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
We changed our facet to one that had a sprayer best part is water doesn’t get all over really don’t use more water either because you have more control on the sprayer with on and off we are concerned with water use only having 20 gal Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I think it is a very serviceable faucet. I use a roll up rack across the sink, and the faucet is high enough that I can fit my percolator on the rack without moving the faucet. I can swing it far enough back that the area above the sink is completely clear. The aerator works well. I don't use the spray setting often, but it is nice sometimes, as is the ability to pull it out. I have no desire to change it.
Ditto this, we also have the roll up rack we put across the sink and we find the faucet is high enough to fit things under. Aerator works well, we don't use it that often either but it and the ability to pull it out is a good feature.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #6

Thanks everyone! I am really detail oriented and am a retired professional chef so the kitchen elements are probably more important than they would be to others. I do A LOT of cooking so I like nice things in the kitchen. The right tool for the right job!
I'm glad to hear the faucet is serviceable, it sounds like it will work for me from what everyone has said.
And I had planned on a roll up rack for over the sink too, have one at home instead of a dish drainer. Plus the sink I am getting doesn't have a cover so I thought the rack would be a great idea. Great minds think alike!
Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhcolot View Post
Is it worth it to have a pull down sprayer if you aren't using park hookups much?
The standard kitchen faucet has a pull down sprayer (spray or stream).

TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Thank you for the photos, it's hard to see in the photos on the Escape website. That looks like a full sized kitchen faucet, I was thinking it would be a bar or prep sink size. Overall it looks very nice. Is it metal or plastic? Or a combination?
Old 12-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Thank you for the photos, it's hard to see in the photos on the Escape website. That looks like a full sized kitchen faucet, I was thinking it would be a bar or prep sink size. Overall it looks very nice. Is it metal or plastic? Or a combination?
It's not full size. It's RV size. I'm pretty sure the curved tube is metal. As for the other parts I'm not sure. It is a nice quality faucet. I see no reason to replace it.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #10

Awesome, thanks again, I'm going to stick with it!
Old 12-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
As you all (or most) know, I built my own galley. I bought a deep sink just big enough to hold dishes to save counter space, and installed a high arch tap with a pull out. It turns out we never really use the pull out as the high arch adequately allows for filling tall pots. I really would not worry about that feature.

If you went with the standard faucet, and I would if buying new again, and found issue with it, it would be really easy to exchange for a new one.

All this said, we do most of our cooking outside as that is why we get out for the most part, and mostly use the outside shower with the flexible gooseneck spout. If I mad any change at all, I would install a setup a bit larger with taps more easy to use. Still, having the removable spout is a nice thing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #12

Yes, I've seen photos of your beautiful galley and the range you chose was my choice! Unfortunately Escape won't factory install so we went with the Dickinson 2 burner cooktop. Thanks for the additional info, it's nice to know that changing the faucet out wouldn't be a problem down the road if needed.
We are getting the outdoor shower too, so will be able to do dishes outside if we want. Since we were always tent campers we have no idea which we will prefer. The only thing I do know is that we will be doing lots of cooking. We aren't microwave users and I tend to make everything from scratch so are trying to design a galley that makes cooking as easy as possible in such a small area. Hoping I don't miss an oven too badly!
Old 12-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #13

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Hello Okhcolot. We also like to cook a lot and generally make everything from scratch; we have the standard faucet and really like it, if I remember correctly (my trailer is stored for the winter!) its an all metal faucet, the sprayer comes in real handy when rinsing larger items. My wife is the baker in the family and an excellent pie maker and yet we have not used the oven; we're generally in warm places and so cook everything outdoors on the bbq or our portable cooktop. Its so much fun cooking in the great outdoors!! That said we find the oven is a great place to store all of our larger pots and steel bowls. CHEERS
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #14
sdb

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21 Classic {preceded by Casita Liberty Deluxe 17}
I have the standard faucet and when I use the sprayer directed into the sink, water sprays halfway to the stove. I am constantly wiping up water. Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the faucet?
sdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb View Post
I have the standard faucet and when I use the sprayer directed into the sink, water sprays halfway to the stove. I am constantly wiping up water. Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the faucet?
Don't use the sprayer at full flow. Just turn on the water partway.
Also, using the sprayer in pulled down/out will help too.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #16

We are getting a slightly deeper sink, thinking that might help with splashing.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Don't use the sprayer at full flow. Just turn on the water partway.
Also, using the sprayer in pulled down/out will help too.
Yes that’s the ticket ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
We are getting a slightly deeper sink, thinking that might help with splashing.
I bought a deeper one. It actually makes splashing even harder. Way less fun. [emoji12]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:01 AM   #19

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Unfortunately Escape won't factory install so we went with the Dickinson 2 burner cooktop.
Is Escape installing a Dickenson cooktop fir you?
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #20

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:

Is that a MOEN faucet?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote