Axle Alignment Phoenix Area - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2023, 02:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Axle Alignment Phoenix Area

Does anyone know of a place in the Phoenix area that I could take my 2021 21NE to have the axles checked and possibly aligned. I will be in that area during December.

I think the axles are out of alignment because the space between them is different from one side to the other and the gap between the front tire and wheel well is 0.9" different side to side. Depth of tread from inside to outside of the tire I checked is a little different.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
We had a similar situation with our E-21. As I recall, we found out that the Dexter axles cannot be aligned. If one is bent, it must be replaced. We replaced ours with warranty coverage from Dexter. They were very helpful but they will need to know the serial number stamped on the axle tube of the axle in question. It is a bit of a challenge to get under the trailer to get the serial number, expecially if you have spray foam. We had to block up the E-21 to have enough room to wiggle under the trailer to get the s/n.
Good luck!
Chama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Does anyone know of a place in the Phoenix area that I could take my 2021 21NE to have the axles checked and possibly aligned. I will be in that area during December.

I think the axles are out of alignment because the space between them is different from one side to the other and the gap between the front tire and wheel well is 0.9" different side to side. Depth of tread from inside to outside of the tire I checked is a little different.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 07:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
We had a similar situation with our E-21. As I recall, we found out that the Dexter axles cannot be aligned. If one is bent ....
Chama
I will take the trailer to a shop that works on axles to diagnose what if anything is wrong. It looks to me like something is wrong with the alignment. There could be a bent axle.

Since I will be in the Phoenix area shortly it would be nice to go to a shop someone can recommend. I was hoping I would get a recommendation from the forum.
Old 11-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Exclamation

Dexter has a list of shops for you: 574 295-7888.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #5

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Check with Dunbar Spring in central Phoenix and see if they can help you. They have been around for decades, and I have seen RVs in there. I have used them for springs on everything from antique cars to aircraft. If they can do the job for you, it won't cost you as much as a RV shop. It would be worth a call anyway.
Drives1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 09:12 AM   #6

Thank you Chama, Russell & Drives for the help/information.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:42 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I will take the trailer to a shop that works on axles to diagnose what if anything is wrong. It looks to me like something is wrong with the alignment. There could be a bent axle.

Since I will be in the Phoenix area shortly it would be nice to go to a shop someone can recommend. I was hoping I would get a recommendation from the forum.
We had the same problem with our E19. Taking it to the axle shop to diagnose will help a lot if you discuss with Dexter. I sent them the report, along with the serial number of the axle. If there was excessive tire wear they wanted a picture of the tire as well. Sent it all to them and they sent a replacement axle to the axle shop, paid for about 3 hours labour and replaced the worn tire.

Pretty amazing service in my opinion
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote