Outside beeping - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2023, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
Outside beeping

Folks- With outside storage and while under purchased trailer cover from Escape, our 2021 21NE is making the chirping noise. Battery off, propane off, and I have seen posts about propane alarm issues?? Can someone please update what one can do to fix the propane chirping easily (assuming that is the issue). I did have the area under the trailer sprayed by Escape- which I hope doesn’t cause more issues to fix this?? When I sit inside trailer- no sound. Only when I stand outside on the passenger side.
Thank you!
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 05:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
If you have electric awning, it’s probably your awning wind sensor. You should have a manual explaining how to swap batteries.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 21NE March 2021
Thank you! will review manual!
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikster View Post
Folks- With outside storage and while under purchased trailer cover from Escape, our 2021 21NE is making the chirping noise. Battery off, propane off, and I have seen posts about propane alarm issues?? Can someone please update what one can do to fix the propane chirping easily (assuming that is the issue). I did have the area under the trailer sprayed by Escape- which I hope doesn’t cause more issues to fix this?? When I sit inside trailer- no sound. Only when I stand outside on the passenger side.
Thank you!
If it’s the propane alarm, put it on a switch that is in a place where it is not likely to get accidentally bumped and shut off. You can always verify it is on by its LED light. If shut off when in storage, it will last for much longer than it’s projected life of 5 or so years.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:59 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
if its the propane alarm, the only cure is replacing it. and if a new battery in a smoke/CO detector doesn't fix it, you need to replace that too.

A few years ago I had a lot of smoke detectors, both home and RV, fail prematurely, they were various brands, some of them were the 10 year non-replacable battery type, and they were only a coulpe years old.

I replaced all the home ones with X-Sense wireless combo smoke/CO detectors, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BCH1HB6 and have had no false alarms since. I really like this setup, no 'cloud', no phone app, they use their own wireless networking, you get 6 in a kit, and they are already coded to each other, when any one senses smoke or CO, they all beep, tap any one and all the 'others' silence except the source of the trigger. you can add more of the same units to your existing network, or break some off into a separate network quite easily without any 'cloud' nonsense.

I replaced the one in my Escape with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MXJ498 and its still working fine 2 years later (exact match to the original, fits in the original's base)... These use 2 AA batts, I replace in about a year.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:51 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
if its the propane alarm, the only cure is replacing it.
100% true, if it is “end of life” beeping.

However, if it is screaming due to a known false alarm (many substances can set them off) a switch is useful. If it is shut off during storage, the active material within it does not age, greatly extending its life expectancy. This information was told to me by the owner/CEO of Saf-T-Alert. I have stated in threads dated long ago that you haven’t lived until you have been ripped out of sleep three nights in a row between 2:00 and 3:00 am, even though the propane tank(s) were valved off. Alarms were caused by FLA batteries off-gassing small amounts of hydrogen when converter was in the boost mode. I solved that problem totally by going lithium.

The first alarm was replaced in 2016 due to a belief that it was defective. The replacement, on a switch and turned off when in storage is now 8 years old and has given no indication of end of life (periodic beeping).
Old 11-15-2023, 05:01 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
100% true, if it is “end of life” beeping.

However, if it is screaming due to a known false alarm (many substances can set them off) a switch is useful. If it is shut off during storage, the active material within it does not age, greatly extending its life expectancy....
true enough, ours has gotten set off by dog farts and such
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
true enough, ours has gotten set off by dog farts and such
Ummm Hmmm blame the dog.....
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:02 AM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian and Sue View Post
Ummm Hmmm blame the dog.....
Or stinky shoes!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 06:55 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
If the chirping noise is outside, definitely your wind sensor batteries, happened to us this past winter. Replaced the batteries and all was good!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 11:27 AM   #11

Trailer: 17b
I had a similar chirping noise and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Turned out to be the carbon monoxide detector. They have a 5 yr lifespan and will start sounding at the end of their lifespan.
JamieT is offline   Reply With Quote